St Mirren Vs Hamilton Academical

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We started brightly enough but our defending for the set-pieces was woeful. Gave ourselves some hope with McGinn's goal before classic St Mirren - look the more likely to score before getting caught on the counter. Great strike by Keatings but we were woefully exposed down our left/Accies right.

Clancy made some ridiculous decisions (first booking of Jackson was soft) but not going to blame him for the defeat. Will leave that to others!

16 minutes ago, Helpma said:

Bad challenge by Jackson, deserved the red card

Absolutely NAP you'll get at least one St Mirren fan claiming it was never a red, Hamilton should've had at least one red, and at least one of your goals shouldn't have stood.

On 25/11/2018 at 07:09, djchapsticks said:

All the away fans on talking about how easy this will be for us. Check 

Opponents on a terrible run of form. Check

Our support thinking that a corner may have been turned after a positive result against stronger opposition than we face next week. Check

I've seen this film far too many times that I can read word for word how it plays out. I've now got the quaking fear about Saturday. 

Everybody listen to me - I know what I'm talking about. 

FT 1-3

The scoreline is a fair reflection, we were terrible. Hamilton have beaten us twice this season - 3-0 last time and 1-3 today - and are 5 points ahead of us in the league for one simple reason:

They’re better than us.

Second half we started fairly well and it looked like we might get that equaliser. Then Hamilton hit us on the break and score an excellent goal and it’s good night Vienna. After that Jackson deservedly gets sent off and we slowly fade out.

Today was our chance to get into the pack and we truly shat it. Surely no doubt now that it’s going to be us and Dundee in 11th and 12th.

Hamilton got the smarts and I’m sure they will stay up again. Billy Reid’s inimitable style that he instilled in that football club 13 years ago lives on in the way they play the game today and fair play to them. Whatever works.

Couple of tough away games for us now, Hibs then Livi. Need to get.. something.

29 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

St Mirren fans booking an Accies player that's coming off injured. Unreal!

St Mirren fans refereeing the game and the team still getting humped?  Unreal!

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

We started brightly enough but our defending for the set-pieces was woeful. Gave ourselves some hope with McGinn's goal before classic St Mirren - look the more likely to score before getting caught on the counter. Great strike by Keatings but we were woefully exposed down our left/Accies right.

Clancy made some ridiculous decisions (first booking of Jackson was soft) but not going to blame him for the defeat. Will leave that to others!

Saints have no one to blame but themselves. Never tested their keeper (who looked ropey), gave away 2 of the softest goals you'll see, and an experienced player puts in a daft challenge when on a booking and gets himself sent off.

Hamilton looked stronger, faster, and showed a bit more quality when it mattered.

Decent enough performance, Ziggy was chancing his luck a bit as the game progressed and probably wise to take him off.  Accies saw out the last 20 minutes comfortably enough today.  And a quality stream from St Mirren TV, well worth the money - today, at least :)

Archived