St Mirren Vs Hamilton Academical

Big question for Saints this weekend: after Oran's endless tinkering (some enforced, some not) finally landed upon a winning formula against Hearts, will he keep the same team?

It saw a good performance from Paul McGinn on the right of midfield, and also saw Kyle Magennis pushed out wide left. In the absence of any other left-sided options, and with Oran seeming to want to play Hammill into the middle/off the striker, this seems to make sense for now.

The emergence of Erhahon, even out of position at LB, seems to have helped bring better performances out of Hodson, too.

I'd stick with the same XI.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought P Mcginn was a waste of a jersey in midfield against Dundee but he had some game against Hearts last week. Agree on Erhahon,  keep him in there and allow Eckersly to regain fitness over the next couple of weeks at least. 

Big question would be does Anton start if he's back available. Before last week it would have been a no brainer  but it could be a tough decision for Oran this weekend. 

2 hours ago, Gbud84 said:

Thought P Mcginn was a waste of a jersey in midfield against Dundee but he had some game against Hearts last week. Agree on Erhahon,  keep him in there and allow Eckersly to regain fitness over the next couple of weeks at least. 

Big question would be does Anton start if he's back available. Before last week it would have been a no brainer  but it could be a tough decision for Oran this weekend. 

I think there'll be lots of games when Anton might struggle with injuries/niggles, so I'd be inclined to play him if he's fit.

4 hours ago, Gbud84 said:

Big question would be does Anton start if he's back available. Before last week it would have been a no brainer  but it could be a tougdecision for Oran this weekend. 

There was a neutral with me at the Hearts game after which he said to me the young lad at left back looks dodgy and uncomfortable. Explained that is not Eerhahon natural position. Agree with his observation the boy has been great stepping in to left back but we need experience putting Eckerslay to left back is a no brainer. 

20 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

There was a neutral with me at the Hearts game after which he said to me the young lad at left back looks dodgy and uncomfortable. Explained that is not Eerhahon natural position. Agree with his observation the boy has been great stepping in to left back but we need experience putting Eckerslay to left back is a no brainer. 

He's not played a minute of first team football all season m8, he's coming back from an operation and he's no spring chicken these days. Throwing him straight back in to the starting line up is madness of you ask me.

I'd imagine he will be built up over the next few weeks with maybe 20 mins then a half hour if the games allow  before he's considered  to start a game. 

Although we've already seen Oran put Magennis straight back in against Dundee after a lay off and Ferdinand pitched straight in against Celtic so you never know. 

10 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I think you mean ‘he’d have no brain’ putting Eck in to the team...

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Imrie and Bingham should drop out. Won't even attempt a prediction about our starting line up though. Knowing Canning, Penny or Kelly will appear out of nowhere.

What's the script with entry tomorrow for away fans? Still get a ticket from the wee office at the away end?

You'll get a ticket no bother on match day bud. 

Imrie and Bingham should drop out. Won't even attempt a prediction about our starting line up though. Knowing Canning, Penny or Kelly will appear out of nowhere.
What's the script with entry tomorrow for away fans? Still get a ticket from the wee office at the away end?

Agreed on Bingham and Imrie, mince the last few games.
MacKinnon available again? If so he must start in this. Back to a flat back 4 to have any chance in this one.

Mon the accies!!

I've no idea how I want this one to go, so I'm going to laugh at whoever loses and pretend we have a chance of catching them. If no-one loses, then I suppose that's the best outcome for Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've no idea how I want this one to go, so I'm going to laugh at whoever loses and pretend we have a chance of catching them. If no-one loses, then I suppose that's the best outcome for Dundee.

You play Hamilton next? 

Surely you want them to win this one, then for you to beat them, and it means you've "gained ground" on both.

Archived