St Mirren Vs Hamilton Academical

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saints have no one to blame but themselves. Never tested their keeper (who looked ropey), gave away 2 of the softest goals you'll see, and an experienced player puts in a daft challenge when on a booking and gets himself sent off.

Hamilton looked stronger, faster, and showed a bit more quality when it mattered.

Yeah, pretty much that. Plus Hamilton are far more streetwise than us - the timewasting and playacting is annoying but it gets the job done. Maybe we need to start doing similar.

At least we didn't lose after bragging to everyone about how being kidknapped by the SAS is a great way to turn things around.

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yeah, pretty much that. Plus Hamilton are far more streetwise than us - the timewasting and playacting is annoying but it gets the job done. Maybe we need to start doing similar.

At least we didn't lose after bragging to everyone about how being kidknapped by the SAS is a grea way to turn things around.

Totally agree.  Every time Jackson got past their defender he was fouled, job done. It meant we had virtually no attempts on goal. We need a horrible defender that will push, shove, and niggle for 90mins.

I had no idea what your second partof the post was all about so had to look it up. Ridiculous. That's cheered me up a bit anyway, cheers.

I was really hoping St. Mirren didn't give Hamilton the ball back after that we spell of commotion.  Presumably that's what Mullen said to Hodson to do which kicked off a bit of an argument.

I always find it amusing that this is the only part in football where people demand there must be sportsmanship. Time wasting, pretending to be injured, claiming it's your ball when you know fine well it isn't, surrounding the ref asking for opponents to be booked - all fine. Not kicking the ball back, and everyone is up in arms. 

The start and end of the second half weren't pretty but we did enough in the spell in between.
I found the first half entertaining whereas the second was very scrappy.
Both of Jackson's bookings were deserved, but I was shocked Gordon and Martin weren't sent-off simply due to their mad style of play.
Miller is such an exciting player to watch - although his end product needs worked on - and Brustad won fucking everything. The two holding midfielders swept everything up, McGowan bodied c***s and McMann was crazy. The usual. Mucha didn't have much to do, but seemed dominant and his kicking drove St Mirren fans mental.
Keatings and Kilgallon though :wub: Kilgallon was so fucking good: won everything in the air, was composed on the ball, got us out danger so many times with his compsure, and even started a couple of attacks.
Keatings' link-up play was wonderful and ended up with two assists and a fucking screamer. His injury seemed bad, but I saw him coming back out of the tunnel somewhat comfortably. Hopefully he's fine.
Imrie's goading of the home fans was magic.

Darian MacKinnon is a thug who kicks everything that moves and seems immune to getting sent off. Christ I wish he played for us, the guy  ran the middle of the park and made our midfield look weak and naive. Any chance of releasing him in January :P

Archived