Montrose v Annan (a drama in two acts)

Scorge

Lucky escape for Montrose today in a really sclaffy shitshow of a game. Misplaced passes and poor touches and judgement the order of the day - there were plenty adventures forward but the game had a distinct feeling of 0-0. Annan, to their credit, kept to their task and had a goal disallowed and a thunderbolt on the whistle miss the inside of the post by a skerrick. All of the weaknesses of our team obvious to see today, and the replay will be very hard work - hopefully a monster draw in half an hour might be an incentive. A pretty gruesome afternoon though, and a red card for Bolo (didn't see why) summed it up.

An awful match to watch.  Endeveour yes but quality and entertainment no.  The winners may be the people who do not go to the replay on Tuesday.  Nonetheless, we must try to win it if only to get a decent crowd into Links Park in the next round.

Full marks to the 5 Annanistas who stood behind the goal.  I only had to walk half a mile to see this crap.  Poor them having to travel all that distance.

"Dreadful", "forgettable" and "lucky" are spot on. Very disappointing performance this afternoon.

Highlight of a very drab game devoid of any real chances for us, being farside lino taking objection to Annan's number 3 leaving the field of play to pick up his energy gel, by kicking his water bottle away.

The Sean Dillon Fan Club will surely want to see us through to the next round.

Well, the first 20 minutes of the penultimate league game at Galabank end of 16-17 season was truly atrocious and one of the least enjoyable journeys I've made.

To those of you who travelled through today, I hope you are enjoying the first 30 minutes tonight!

Archived