January Transfer Window - What Does Your Team Need?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad McKay needs put into the nearest skip.  No where near good enough for the Championship.  We need a CM who is willing to make a forward pass too.  Welsh is fine in there doing the donkey work and scoring penalties, but Joe Chalmers can only pass left.  It's his default setting; as soon as he receives it he looks to the left.  

We also need another striker as Nathan Austin is usually injured and Jordan White is shite.

Stevie May circa 2012 and we'd walk this league. 
But seriously we could really use a talismanic goalscorer.
Then on my wish list but probably not as important would be an experienced centre back to partner Andy Graham and a 3rd defensive(maybe even a complete box to box) midfielder. We've been not too far off the pace of most games this season but we just can't put the ball in the net often enough.

So the young lad you have is not good enough for this league?? I’ve seen him a few times and he can play football I.e. pass a ball unlike some experienced CH??

11 hours ago, joinedtoreoly said:

So the young lad you have is not good enough for this league?? I’ve seen him a few times and he can play football I.e. pass a ball unlike some experienced CH??

Hiya Sam, Hiya pal. 

I think Sam and Andy are a good defensive partnership. I know Zak is probably off so could do with another body back there for cover but Sam is doing well.

New Manager

Super Jo

Fuse Durnan and Devine together in the hopes of getting a decent centre-back between them.

List is in order of importance to us having any form of success this season, although if we're still waiting for AJ to go in January I'll be seething.

6 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Clearly the answer to this for every team in the Championship is Lawrence Shankland.  Hopefully we do still have him.

I'll just settle for "Lawrence Shankland moving to England", he doesn't need to come to Dingwall (though I'd not complain if he did)

That and a centre back who is good.

I'll just settle for "Lawrence Shankland moving to England", he doesn't need to come to Dingwall (though I'd not complain if he did)
Looks like he might be moving to Wales in January but before you get too excited, seems like there will be an immediate loan back until the end of the season.

Ridgers
Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco
Welsh New CM
New RW Polworth Walsh
New FW

Despite our defensive cock ups yesterday for the most part it's been our best asset this season. And with the other parts of the team needing more attention we wouldn't be able to afford to replace the likes Rooney anyway. Between Oakley, White and Austin we've got three of the most average strikers in the league. We desperately need a Billy Mckay type striker to play off the last man. Oakley and White spend all game with their backs to goal to hold up the play and we don't have a Plan B when that doesn't work. Walsh has been decent enough on the flank but Doran looks a shadow of the player he used to be. We really need some pace in the wide areas as well so if we could somehow pick up a good winger that would be lovely. As Scarf says Welsh is decent in the middle but Chalmers is howling. Again, if we could pick up someone to put Chalmers out to pasture that would be lovely.

Realistically though we have no money and we will need to limp on with the resources we've got. 

2 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:
22 hours ago, forkboy said:

Looks like he might be moving to Wales in January but before you get too excited, seems like there will be an immediate loan back until the end of the season.

Ah, the worst of both worlds. Shankland keeps scoring goals for Ayr, & Ayr get some money that could be used to further boost their team. I do not like this news.

Liam Boyce would be the fantasy signing. We would get the goals the domination of our play deserves.

At this level we could never afford Dobbie or Shankland, and they’d never move anyway.

I’d give Grivosti a run in the team and gauge where he is come January, he’ll develop so much faster in the first team. If not a loan signing would be needed at centre half

4 hours ago, forkboy said:

Ah, the worst of both worlds. Shankland keeps scoring goals for Ayr, & Ayr get some money that could be used to further boost their team. I do not like this news.

What's not to like about it? Some folks are never happy :P

To cheer you up even more, the chairman was already preparing to put in a bit of dough to strengthen in January  if we were still in with a real shout of the title.

I'm predicting a loan move for Messi

Archived