January Transfer Window - What Does Your Team Need?

New GK

A RB (PLEASE! I BEG YOU!) O'Ware* New CB New LB

New RM Slater Bannigan Penrice

Fitzpatrick

New ST

*When fit, if ever; Keown will have to do in the meantime.  Sneddon, McCarthy, Doolan, Erskine, Quitongo, Keown, and Coulibaly (when fit) on bench.  Everyone else can do one, especially Miles Storey and Cameron Bell.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OUT             

Fasan

Mitchell

Dallison

Brough

Sammut

Irving

Lewis

Haber

KEEP

McGhee

Muirhead

Kidd

Robson

Paton

Rudden

Dumbuya(if he proves his fitness)

KEEP AS BACKUP (if we can't get better)

Harrison

Petravicius 

McKee

An experienced centre half, as Grivosti doesn't look like he's being trusted yet.

A left winger who doesn't cut in all the time.

If we can't get a centre half and Draper is forced there for most of the season, a niggly central midfielder that can cover ground to make up for Cowie and Vigurs being unable to run after 60 minutes.

OUT             
Fasan
Mitchell
Dallison
Brough
Sammut
Irving
Lewis
Haber

KEEP
McGhee
Muirhead
Kidd
Robson
Paton
Rudden

Harrison
Petravicius 
McKee
Brough? He's been very consistent in the 3 at the back

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:
27 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
OUT             
Fasan
Mitchell
Dallison
Brough
Sammut
Irving
Lewis
Haber

KEEP
McGhee
Muirhead
Kidd
Robson
Paton
Rudden

Harrison
Petravicius 
McKee

Brough? He's been very consistent in the 3 at the back

He was dreadful today and isn't the answer beyond a short-term fix for me. I'd maybe keep him if we can't get better quality in.

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

He was dreadful today and isn't the answer beyond a short-term fix for me. I'd maybe keep him if we can't get better quality in.

I’m not going against your review of brough but you have Kidd in the keep section. Bin plz.

11 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I’m not going against your review of brough but you have Kidd in the keep section. Bin plz.

Kidd for me is similar to Muirhead in that's he's a bang average championship player. Long term probably needs replacing but not a bombscare like most others we have.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Kidd for me is similar to Muirhead in that's he's a bang average championship player. Long term probably needs replacing but not a bombscare like most others we have.

He’s zero pace and can’t tackle. Hardly what I’d describe as bang average as a right back in this league. 

Russell will be gone, such a bizarre signing in the first place, having him play v Airdrie on trial, looked average even then.

Goes on trial wirh St Johnstone and Dundee and then we sign him out the blue.

All the keepers could go and everyone would be happy imo - Mutch as back up will suffice to bring in one keeper rather than Fasan and Mitchell.

Think the likes of Kidd, McKee and Muirhead will see out the season and this could be thier last in a falkirk shirt.

When dallison signed he moved his kid(s) and wife up with him so might be a tricky one if Ray doesn’t fancy him. 

With Irving being allowed to play yesterday I’d take a guess he is staying beyond Jan, same can’t be said for Rudden so let’s hope rangers sign another striker next window.

Lewis can get himself to f**k as can Haber.

Some job Ray has taken on and for that deserves a lot of respect for coming to this mess.

Same things as we needed at the start of the season - a centre back with composure on the ball, and a winger.  

I'd like to see them sign Harry Paton to a longer contract - the fact that he played in the cup yesterday suggests he's either away or won't be back this season (and will sign an extension in January).

Probably a new manager. Failing that, someone who can actually score some of those, what are they called again, goals? That would be nice. Tom Beadling to be fit for more than 2 days at a time would be handy too. I don't think we're that far away from winning some games but we've no chance of promotion now so there's no point in spunking away loads of money on half a new team again.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Russell will be gone, such a bizarre signing in the first place, having him play v Airdrie on trial, looked average even then.

Goes on trial wirh St Johnstone and Dundee and then we sign him out the blue.

All the keepers could go and everyone would be happy imo - Mutch as back up will suffice to bring in one keeper rather than Fasan and Mitchell.

Think the likes of Kidd, McKee and Muirhead will see out the season and this could be thier last in a falkirk shirt.

When dallison signed he moved his kid(s) and wife up with him so might be a tricky one if Ray doesn’t fancy him. 

With Irving being allowed to play yesterday I’d take a guess he is staying beyond Jan, same can’t be said for Rudden so let’s hope rangers sign another striker next window.

Lewis can get himself to f**k as can Haber.

Some job Ray has taken on and for that deserves a lot of respect for coming to this mess.

He wasn't on trial with us, we had no left back for a friendly and he apparently shares an agent with someone in our squad.

On 24/11/2018 at 09:42, Ross Forbes said:

I seriously hope Jim Duffy has been chatting him up since he got our job. We are in desperate need of a left-back.

He didn't get on with Duffy so I'm not sure it's likely - Duffy had the Radio Clyde pundit talking about Andy Robertson mindset of 'good attacking left back means he'll be good as a left winger' and moving him to midfield pretty much ruined him - but then again he's not likely to be in a position to be picky.

We really need upgrades in every area of the park, but centre back and right back are the biggest priorities. Tumilty's our only right back and isn't good enough, Waddell is the only centre back we have who's not out of his depth.

26 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

He didn't get on with Duffy so I'm not sure it's likely - Duffy had the Radio Clyde pundit talking about Andy Robertson mindset of 'good attacking left back means he'll be good as a left winger' and moving him to midfield pretty much ruined him - but then again he's not likely to be in a position to be picky.

That's disappointing. I mean I've no idea if Russell would be interested in a move to the Rock, but with Willie Dyer either injured or not playing very well I had thought I'd solved our issue at left-back.

Take it we're still ok to take Robert Thomson back?

21 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

New GK

A RB (PLEASE! I BEG YOU!) O'Ware* New CB New LB

New RM Slater Bannigan Penrice

Fitzpatrick

New ST

*When fit, if ever; Keown will have to do in the meantime.  Sneddon, McCarthy, Doolan, Erskine, Quitongo, Keown, and Coulibaly (when fit) on bench.  Everyone else can do one, especially Miles Storey and Cameron Bell.

Agree with most of that, I don't think Penrice has the pace to play out wide, if he's going to make it, it'll be in centre midfield. 

Players to go, in order of likeliness 

The FM regen boy from Dundee, not even sure he exists 

Scobbie 

Gordon 

Storer 

Mutombo 

Ntambwe 

Ideally Storey (and a couple of others) but he seems to be a first pick every week under Caldwell. Can't see us moving Bell or Mcginty on as they're on two year deals. 

In 

An entirely new back 4 please and thank you 

A holding midfielder that looks as if he's played professionally before 

A number 10 if we're not going to play slater there 

A centre forward with a physical presence. 

Sign Bannigan and Quitongo til the end of the season, still not totally sold on Jai, he puts himself about and winds defenders up but not been much in the way of end product. If we get anything at all from Coulibaly it's a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

That's disappointing. I mean I've no idea if Russell would be interested in a move to the Rock, but with Willie Dyer either injured or not playing very well I had thought I'd solved our issue at left-back.

Take it we're still ok to take Robert Thomson back?

I don't think it's out of the question since he's probably not getting another full time club if he leaves Falkirk and considering you're playing Ross Forbes there I'm sure Duffy would actually play him in his proper position, but this is what he said this summer when McKinnon still had a contract on the table for him.

I don’t mind where I play, under Duffy I was getting moved about everywhere. I don’t think he knew what my best position was.

I spoke with Ray and he says he’ll look into that more during pre-season if I was to sign to see what my best position was, so obviously he’s not fully made his mind up on me either.

I don’t really have a preferred position, I’d quite like a run of games in one position rather than being moved about each week, one week being left-back, one week being left-mid or centre-mid.

While he's trying to mask it with the just happy to be playing cliché that out of position players always trot out, it's not hard to see that he was absolutely fed up of playing under Duffy. Even just referring to him as 'Duffy' when the rest of the squad had been giving greeting faced interviews a couple of weeks before saying they didn't understand why 'the gaffer' was sacked suggests they didn't have the best relationship.

You're very welcome to Robert Thomson. And Gregor Buchanan. We'll even throw in Reghan Tumilty and Ryan Scully for your trouble.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I don't think it's out of the question since he's probably not getting another full time club if he leaves Falkirk and considering you're playing Ross Forbes there I'm sure Duffy would actually play him in his proper position, but this is what he said this summer when McKinnon still had a contract on the table for him.

While he's trying to mask it with the just happy to be playing cliché that out of position players always trot out, it's not hard to see that he was absolutely fed up of playing under Duffy. Even just referring to him as 'Duffy' when the rest of the squad had been giving greeting faced interviews a couple of weeks before saying they didn't understand why 'the gaffer' was sacked suggests they didn't have the best relationship.

You're very welcome to Robert Thomson. And Gregor Buchanan. We'll even throw in Reghan Tumilty and Ryan Scully for your trouble.

Aye, it isn't hard to read between the lines there. Playing Mark Russell in CM does seem very Jim Duffy - and I say that with us about five weeks into his tenure.

All four of them would stroll into our first team, so you've got yourself a deal. I'd probably keep Cammy Ballantyne over Tumilty, but he'd do a job further up the park better than our current wingers.

Archived