January Transfer Window - What Does Your Team Need?

Shamelessly stolen from the Premiership thread.

I’d love to get Ralston back on loan if that’s possible.

Other than that: a playmaker in defensive mid to cover for a Fyvie; Rabitsch and Barton are not good enough.  A big striker to cover for Safranko; Neilson likes the type of formation that needs a player who can win the ball and hold on to it.  Another wide player would be nice unless Neilson can maybe get Matty Smith to play that role and give us another option though he doesn’t seem to rate him.

We are pretty well covered other than that particularly if Mehmet is nearing fitness to offer another option in goal.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A ‘keeper that doesn’t chuck the ball into the net every few games would be fantastic. Extending Ruddens loan should really be a priority as well along with at least 2 more strikers. Andy Irving’s loan is up as well and I’m not overly fussed if he stays or goes tbh. Regardless we’re needing a couple of midfielders in.

Mark Russell is out of contract in January and has not played a single minute since Ray came in so he’s definitely on the way out. Mustapha Dumbuya out of contract as well wouldn’t be surprised to see him let go.

Hopefully we’re able to send Haber back to Dundee and also the likes of Dallison, Fasan, Lewis, McKee and Mitchell I’d imagine would be free to leave if they could find a club.

Stevie May circa 2012 and we'd walk this league. 

But seriously we could really use a talismanic goalscorer.

Then on my wish list but probably not as important would be an experienced centre back to partner Andy Graham and a 3rd defensive(maybe even a complete box to box) midfielder. We've been not too far off the pace of most games this season but we just can't put the ball in the net often enough.

We have David Ferguson and Ross Docherty out of contract. I think Ferguson will move on and wouldn’t be against getting Doc off the wage bill either but I’d imagine McCall will keep him. 

As for incomings I’d like to see a CB and natural winger come in. Luca Gasparoto is without a club as is Joe Cardle. Wouldn’t be against either of them. 

Hopefully Ray is thinking something along the lines of...

New Gk

New RB McGhee Brough Robson

New RM New CM Buaben New LM

New ST New ST

I'd keep Muirhead, Irving, Petravicius and Rudden as well. 

I wouldn't have any particular objection to Mitchell or Fasan (as back up), Kidd, Harrison and McKee being kept til the end of the season.

Russell and Dumbuya haven't featured so would expect them to move on.

More than happy to drive Mitchell/Fasan, Dallison, Paton, Sammut, Haber and Lewis to their next clubs myself. 

If we could replace those latter 8 players with actual footballers it would be an outstanding transfer window for us.

10 hours ago, Russ said:

A ‘keeper that doesn’t chuck the ball into the net every few games would be fantastic. Extending Ruddens loan should really be a priority as well along with at least 2 more strikers. Andy Irving’s loan is up as well and I’m not overly fussed if he stays or goes tbh. Regardless we’re needing a couple of midfielders in.

Mark Russell is out of contract in January and has not played a single minute since Ray came in so he’s definitely on the way out. Mustapha Dumbuya out of contract as well wouldn’t be surprised to see him let go.

Hopefully we’re able to send Haber back to Dundee and also the likes of Dallison, Fasan, Lewis, McKee and Mitchell I’d imagine would be free to leave if they could find a club.

I seriously hope Jim Duffy has been chatting him up since he got our job. We are in desperate need of a left-back.

Given Fontaine is out for the season, then an experienced CB (although this does go against my "ANNOUNCE GRIVOSTI IN STARTING XI" mantra). Preferably Grant Munro circa 2011/12. Or, in my dreams, Scott Boyd.

Other than that, maybe a [CLICHE]chalk on the boots[/CLICHE], left-footed winger. I like Davis Keillor-Dunn but he cuts in a lot (and might be better suited playing in behind the striker?). And even though Gardyne has shown that he's still got the ability to stroll through this level, it'd be nice to have #options out on that side.

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I see the case for saying Russell would be released most definitely, but not so much Dumbuya. He was brought in knowing he wouldn't be playing right away and his fitness to be worked on. If he achieves that I think we will see him at right back. 

Aye this. There hasnt been a single match since he signed that I expected to see him feature. He is in the same bracket as Prince for fitness except we desperately needed to throw Prince in. 

We need 4 for the spine first up. GK CH CM and CF. 

After that, its up to Ray really. I trust his judgement. All I would say is that taking Millar or "Tids" off Morton would be fucking hilarious so if he fancies that, aye crack on. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
I seriously hope Jim Duffy has been chatting him up since he got our job. We are in desperate need of a left-back.

He better nor have been tapping him up though. We at Falkirk frown strongly at such behaviour.

See you in court, Falkirk.

11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hopefully Ray is thinking something along the lines of...

New Gk

New RB McGhee Brough Robson

New RM New CM Buaben New LM

New ST New ST

I'd keep Muirhead, Irving, Petravicius and Rudden as well. 

I wouldn't have any particular objection to Mitchell or Fasan (as back up), Kidd, Harrison and McKee being kept til the end of the season.

Russell and Dumbuya haven't featured so would expect them to move on.

More than happy to drive Mitchell/Fasan, Dallison, Paton, Sammut, Haber and Lewis to their next clubs myself. 

If we could replace those latter 8 players with actual footballers it would be an outstanding transfer window for us.

I hope he sticks with a back 3 using the players that we've already got. I think I'm right in saying that we've only lost the one goal that wasn't down to goalkeeping error since we changed to that system (Ross County match) and the defence looks fairly settled now.

I'd rather he spent the money on midfield quality and new strikers.

Archived