January Transfer Window

Scougall and Nydam out and a centre mid in on loan to replace them. Between them they’ve only played about 150 minutes in the league so neither will be missed (although Wright and Swanson both picked up knocks today so one or both could find themselves more involved). 

From the rest, Greg Hurst and Aaron Comrie look prime candidates for mutual termination. Both are miles out of the picture and probably won’t have their contracts renewed in the summer. Conor Mitchell hasn’t been in the squad for a while now either so could be shipped back to Burnley. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

How much do you reckon you'd get for Byrne? Aye Halkett looks like he'll end up in the English Championship or back at sevco considering the competition.

Lithgow and Pittman might be attracting attention too from what I've seen from them.

It's been mentioned on our fans FB group a few times with John Ward commenting on it. Seems as though the club think they can get 3m+ 

If Jones goes then we need a left winger with the same type of pace to replace him.

Hopefully SC gets another CB in as he missed out on his target on transfer window closing day, especially, if Findlay is out for any length of time after getting injured in Perth yesterday. ..... F**kin grass pitches.

If the budget stretches that far, then another right winger as backup to Burke, who's been arguably our best & most consistant player this season so far.

A right back and a striker on loan will do for me.

Given Boyata and Benkovic will be away summer time we will need two new centre halfs so would make sense to sign one now to settle in but Lawwell has always been short sighted with this when its obvious players are leaving. It cost us champions league qualification last summer.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The league's a bogey anyway, so the most burning issues are getting GMS and Shinnie tied down on long term contracts.

Signing-wise, I suspect we'll go for Scott Allan, but considering he hasn't played a game of football in 7 months I doubt if he'll make any impact until next season.

Our problems are pretty obvious. We have a massive Kenny McLean sized gap between midfield and attack, and we have absolutely no strikers capable of scoring goals. That's a hard issue to solve halfway through the season.

Expect us to sign another full-back on loan.

Byrne apparently, just going from what I've saw commented. 

Halkett will probably go for 400k + 20% sell on in January

You will not be getting anywhere near £3m for any of your players. [emoji23]
I would go as far as saying you wouldn’t get £3m if you sold every single one of your match day squad!

17 hours ago, gannonball said:

A right back and a striker on loan will do for me.

Given Boyata and Benkovic will be away summer time we will need two new centre halfs so would make sense to sign one now to settle in but Lawwell has always been short sighted with this when its obvious players are leaving. It cost us champions league qualification last summer.

There are some good young (and cheap) Centre-halves in Eastern Europe.  Svetozar Markovic at Partizan Belgrade is one  that looks promising, he's been a first team regular for them this year at 18.  

Also yes a Right Back is needed, Lustig's legs have gone while Gamboa and Ralston are just not Celtic material

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

You will not be getting anywhere near £3m for any of your players. emoji23.png
I would go as far as saying you wouldn’t get £3m if you sold every single one of your match day squad!

Probably not tbf :D but if McKenna is worth 10m+ apparently then f**k knows who anyone is worth

On 11/24/2018 at 18:08, Kyle said:

Scougall and Nydam out and a centre mid in on loan to replace them. Between them they’ve only played about 150 minutes in the league so neither will be missed (although Wright and Swanson both picked up knocks today so one or both could find themselves more involved). 

From the rest, Greg Hurst and Aaron Comrie look prime candidates for mutual termination. Both are miles out of the picture and probably won’t have their contracts renewed in the summer. Conor Mitchell hasn’t been in the squad for a while now either so could be shipped back to Burnley. 

Scougall been no good? Was quality when with us....

2 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Scougall been no good? Was quality when with us....

Showed he's a good player in flashes last season but he's not started a game for us since the league cup group stages (he scored) and has played 7 minutes in the league so far this season. It's a novelty to see his name on the bench these days never mind in the team. It's a shame because we were all excited when he joined but if we're being honest, no one will really notice if he leaves us now.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:
There are some good young (and cheap) Centre-halves in Eastern Europe.  Svetozar Markovic at Partizan Belgrade is one  that looks promising, he's been a first team regular for them this year at 18.  
Also yes a Right Back is needed, Lustig's legs have gone while Gamboa and Ralston are just not Celtic material

Nothing to do with you playing fm as them?

Lol, I did indeed sign Markovic for Celtic in FM, but I have also heard good things about him outside the FM world, a Partizan fan I spoke with rates him highly and I have seen some other articles saying he's quite good

We have a squad of 27, Oran Kearney has gone on record as saying that's far too large and wants to go with somewhere between 20-22 plus youths like Erhahon and MacPherson.

He's also made no secret of saying he wants around 5 or 6 new faces in.

By my reckoning...

Almost definitely out the door:

Kpekawa, King, Kirkpatrick, Lyness, Cooke

Likely to leave:

Heaton, Willock

Perm any 1 or 2 from the below:

Flynn, Eckersley, McShane, Edwards, Mullen or Smith

Maybe a bit hasty with Mullen and Smith but he's stated he likes his forward lines to have mixture of physicality and small stature guys. Mullen, Smith and Jackson are all of a very similar build and Jackson is clearly his choice at present. I don't think both Cammy and Danny Mullen will leave, I have a feeling one of them may though. All in all I reckon 9 from that list will go.

That will leave us needing:

• A first choice goalkeeper
  • A centre half
  • A creative centre mid
  • A winger
  • 2 forwards of the big, physical variety to complement Jackson and Smith/Mullen
  • Adam Hammill contract extended
  • Jim Kellerman back from his loan spell

So far we've been linked with Kris Boyd, Nicky Low and Brad Lyons from Blackburn (formerly Coleraine)

On 24/11/2018 at 18:38, ATLIS said:

It's been mentioned on our fans FB group a few times with John Ward commenting on it. Seems as though the club think they can get 3m+ 

I'm a big fan of Byrne, think he's a great player but there's no chance he will leave for anywhere near that figure.

Archived