2020 Group Draw

kenny131

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

Could see us failing away in Kazakhstan. That's a tough one.

Aye. Surely to f**k it'll be twelve points from Cyprus and San Marino, but that looks like the banana skin.

Can't wait to see the Russia games now.

Just noticed what a scoosh Italy were just delivered too  :blink:

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazakhstan results for the last couple of years. Some “better” teams than us dropped points there, but also some “weaker” than us (you’d like to think) that have turned them over....hmmm not sure what to think 

7D5F0F62-D5A4-48F6-A414-F65B3C46BE67.png

36A7F161-067B-49EC-8740-E8CE2198645B.png

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feels like it's virtually a two legged play off v Russia for 2nd, Belgium should pump everyone.

Yes, I think that is how it will pan out. It could have been better but, when the dust settles I think it will be seen as not too bad.

Hopefully Russia revert back to their pre-world cup form. 

Belgium - 1 Point at Hampden - Pummeled away from home 

Russia - 3 Points at Hampden - Pummeled away from home - or scrape a draw 

Cyprus - 6 Points and sunburn for all 

Kazakhstan - 4 Points - We'll draw out there

San Marino - 6 Points. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Just give me Cyprus away in June, is that too much to ask?

Potential scenes. 

Happy with that, no threat below us and Belgium should hammer everyone so it could be a head to head with Russia. We'd be second favourites but it's certainly not impossible. 

Belgium, Cyprus, San Marino all decent away games. 

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Could see us failing away in Kazakhstan. That's a tough one.

Mind you there is every chance Russia could cock up in Kazakhstan unless of course Putin has threatened repercussions. 

Would have preferred a couple of other groups, but you almost feel sorry for N Ireland. Probably quite a few NI fans wet their pants when the Republic got drawn with Germany and Holland, only for them to get papped into that group. Best bit of drama. 

As stated need to hope Belgium romo away with the group. My valid concern is that they imho are more likely to drop points in a freezing Russia that’s they are at a freezing Hampden ! 

Guest bernardblack
Portuguese boy opening one of the balls
"What was Euro 2004 like?"
"Aye mate we lost the final. Let me get on with it."

Don’t disrespect Nuno Gomes m8

5 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Kazakhstan results for the last couple of years. Some “better” teams than us dropped points there, but also some “weaker” than us (you’d like to think) that have turned them over....hmmm not sure what to think 

We're dooooomed!

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s a pretty fair draw, all things considered. We could have been given Northern Ireland’s group, for a start.

Would've been funny as f**k if they'd drawn out the Republic, then us, before patting the Norn on the head and saying, "there you go, boys, good luck".

Guest DAVIDB69
I loved Nuno Gomes at Euro 2000. He was great.

Had a nuno Gomes pint glass free from McDonald’s in Aveiro , accidentally smashed it on way home

Happy enough with that group. I'd bet quite a lot of money that we'll drop points in one of the games against either Cyprus or Kazakhstan, but equally I feel that Russia could as well, and no reason why we can't win the H2H with them.

Archived