2020 Group Draw

kenny131

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

None of the teams in the at-risk countries (apart from Ukraine) play their final December group match at home though.

In which case they played at home this midweek which is still 7-10 days after the November international games.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Don't understand the travel issue, its International Football for christ sake not the Amateur league.

It's also very arbitrary.

Is Azerbaijan going to Portugal + Iceland markedly different to (say) Spain + Northern Ireland , or any combination of these 4?

Iceland to Turkey + Azerbaijan would be OK, but not Cyprus + Armenia.

Kazakhstan can't draw more than 1 from a swathe of western European teams - but the Low Countries or Scandanavia is fine.

That's also without considering that the travel time and cost required to get to some of the micro-states, Balkan nations, etc. will be more expensive than larger nations slightly further away.

10 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

My own thinking would be a group of: Poland, Iceland, Scotland, Estonia, Gibraltar, San Marino. Would give us a massive chance of qualification.

So knowing our luck we will get: Switzerland, Germany, Scotland, Georgia, Kosovo.

That harder group would  be fine by me - after all we haven't played Switzerland for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages, have we?

:angel

I’d be expecting us to be challenging in this group. Italy are pish nowadays and the halcyon days of Iceland are over. I also want revenge over Italy for 2008 Euros.

IMG_1005.jpg

14 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I’d be expecting us to be challenging in this group. Italy are pish nowadays and the halcyon days of Iceland are over. I also want revenge over Italy for 2008 Euros.

IMG_1005.jpg

Italy is not a bad shout for pot 1,  no idea whats happened to italian football but the standardof italian player is on the decline at a fast rate.

Also, this whole process is too complicated for me. If us and England both qualified, we’re guaranteed to be in the same group? And the same with the other 5 pairings?

IMG_5620.jpg

Archived