Scottish Cup Weekend ....Shocks ??

DanMan

Do you not think it’s Darvel that’s
NOT VERY GOOD if they can’t play football on a 3G pitch your the only ones who moan about it constantly other teams just get on with it

Ps your own pitch was a coo field a couple of seasons ago and the grass was always in need of a cut
Darvel are just adjusting to life at a slightly higher level. Once they click they'll be flying.

Darvel legend - poster of the year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
14 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
They are not very good , same as last year teams that play on AstroTurf have huge advantage , it should not be allowed 

Totally agree

renfrew peasie and largs went up last season , looks like benburb and rossvale this season, how can it be fair when they are playing 16 games on astroturf  and you , us and everyone else are playing 2 games on it ? its a different game on that surface and i dont care what anyone says 

Guest Nocknosh1988
5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

renfrew peasie and largs went up last season , looks like benburb and rossvale this season, how can it be fair when they are playing 16 games on astroturf  and you , us and everyone else are playing 2 games on it ? its a different game on that surface and i dont care what anyone says 

Everyone trains on it no excuses. 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Therefore they are playing 14 games on an unfamiliar surface where as you are playing 2. What's your excuse for the other 28 games. 

ps. Rossvale lost 4 games last season 2 at home and 2 away, so no great advantage in the stats. Lost 1 this year away to Benburb,  again on astro... 

So Hamilton Kilmarnock and Livi will be 1-2-3 in the SPFL this year by your logic???? 

8 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Therefore they are playing 14 games on an unfamiliar surface where as you are playing 2. What's your excuse for the other 28 games. 

ps. Rossvale lost 4 games last season 2 at home and 2 away, so no great advantage in the stats. Lost 1 this year away to Benburb,  again on astro... 

So Hamilton Kilmarnock and Livi will be 1-2-3 in the SPFL this year by your logic???? 

Make things up to suit ur agenda 

look at end of the day I don’t rate rossvale 

we played you off the park

get over it 

Just now, Darvel legend said:

In November that’s right well done 

long way to April 

Yeah mate... That's why unlike you very few on here have been bumping their gums about how good their team are and how no other team compares... To steal a phrase from a senior team. " We Welcome the Chase" 

19 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

I think DanMan that rossvale (your team if I am correct) could be a real outside pick to be lifting the cup!
They have gave super premier league teams difficulties recently and have a strong mix of youth and experience from what I have seen of them.
I was not over joyed when rossvale where revealed as CRFCs west of Scotland draw.

no chance an average team punching well above their weight

32 minutes ago, Village elder said:

no chance an average team punching well above their weight

I agree that Rossvale are punching well above their weight in terms of facilities & Support and finance, and given the club are only 8 years old. However I would argue that in Junior terms, they are better than the average 2 league defeats in the last calendar year is better than average I would suggest.

I agree that Rossvale are punching well above their weight in terms of facilities & Support and finance, and given the club are only 8 years old. However I would argue that in Junior terms, they are better than the average 2 league defeats in the last calendar year is better than average I would suggest.

Lot of nonsense your wage bill will be a lot higher than most clubs and you have your own training facilities since you rent from Huntershill sports centre .

This 8 years old stuff is a load of guff aswell yes in juniors terms but Rossvale have been running for more than 20 years as a boys club and amateur outfit so the building blocks were already in place .

The only part of the comment which was valid is support base which tbh is something you can't do much about as folk either come and watch or they don't and I can't fault Rossvale for there efforts in trying to get folk through the turnstiles .

On the main issue I would personally ban all 4g or whatever they are called but I can understand why teams use them but there are worrying studies coming out of the USA and Holland about them so I would not be surprised if they are banned for good in the years to come .

Anyway good luck tomorrow I hope you go through cos I would love a candy v Rossvale final so we could shut up our noisy neighbours for good [emoji39]

3 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Lot of nonsense your wage bill will be a lot higher than most clubs and you have your own training facilities since you rent from Huntershill sports centre .

This 8 years old stuff is a load of guff aswell yes in juniors terms but Rossvale have been running for more than 20 years as a boys club and amateur outfit so the building blocks were already in place .

The only part of the comment which was valid is support base which tbh is something you can't do much about as folk either come and watch or they don't and I can't fault Rossvale for there efforts in trying to get folk through the turnstiles .

On the main issue I would personally ban all 4g or whatever they are called but I can understand why teams use them but there are worrying studies coming out of the USA and Holland about them so I would not be surprised if they are banned for good in the years to come .

Anyway good luck tomorrow I hope you go through cos I would love a candy v Rossvale final so we could shut up our noisy neighbours for good emoji39.png

And to you Chris, both winable ties if the attitude is right

Archived