Scottish Cup Weekend ....Shocks ??

DanMan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no doubt there will be a shock or 2 and for me I would look at Kilsyth at home to hurlford as their home form is really good , mind u hurlfords is good home and away ! and funny enough there could be at Darvel as our home form is good and Largs away form is terrible but If the 2 favourites play well they will go through in all probability 

Difficult to pick out any major shocks this weekend. Cup football and all that, but don't really see any major surprises.

I think DanMan that rossvale (your team if I am correct) could be a real outside pick to be lifting the cup!
They have gave super premier league teams difficulties recently and have a strong mix of youth and experience from what I have seen of them.
I was not over joyed when rossvale where revealed as CRFCs west of Scotland draw.

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

There is no doubt there will be a shock or 2 and for me I would look at Kilsyth at home to hurlford as their home form is really good , mind u hurlfords is good home and away ! and funny enough there could be at Darvel as our home form is good and Largs away form is terrible but If the 2 favourites play well they will go through in all probability 

I agree with what you have said, on paper Hurlford and Largs should win if they play to their potential, IF? That being said you would fancy Darvels chances against Barcelona !

27 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Got to admit am worried about Luncarty on Saturday if we don't bring our top game we might just get bit on the arse .
As for the other games I fancy Dundee north end and Lochee utd but don't know if they qualify as a cup shock .

9/1 Carluke 7/1 Lochee Utd 1/9.  A Carluke win would be a shock result, that's where i'll be on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

I think DanMan that rossvale (your team if I am correct) could be a real outside pick to be lifting the cup!
They have gave super premier league teams difficulties recently and have a strong mix of youth and experience from what I have seen of them.
I was not over joyed when rossvale where revealed as CRFCs west of Scotland draw.

They are not very good , same as last year teams that play on AstroTurf have huge advantage , it should not be allowed 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

They are not very good , same as last year teams that play on AstroTurf have huge advantage , it should not be allowed 

Let it go DL.. Let it go.   Not that great an advantage when every other team has to play on Astro 2 times (Rossvale & Benburb) and on grass 28 times but they have to play on grass 14 times...  So where's the advantage 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Only if messi and Suarez were out 

If you take messi and Suarez out, the wage bills will be about the same.

We shouldn’t even be talking about these two teams in the same sentence as one thinks they are the best team the world has ever seen, and the other is Barcelona...

Do you not think it’s Darvel that’s
NOT VERY GOOD if they can’t play football on a 3G pitch your the only ones who moan about it constantly other teams just get on with it

Ps your own pitch was a coo field a couple of seasons ago and the grass was always in need of a cut

Archived