Moving forward

Bing.McCrosby

On 13/04/2019 at 12:32, SpoonTon said:

...and bribing referees. 

...really? We're going down that road. Italy were the main team on the end of dodgy decisions....ITALY. after decades of teams like Italy getting decisions going for them and being corrupt as feck I find that hilarious.  The home team got some dodgy decisions go their way....not good but it happens all the time. It's only highlighted  because it was a minnow team who had never won a game at the world cup before. Poor poor giants of football

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

I can't be bothered with this argument.  If you don't think population is the most important factor youre an idiot.  End of story.

It clearly is a factor but care to back this up with any proof please? Any statistics to back it up?

9 hours ago, swing_kinker said:

...really? We're going down that road. Italy were the main team on the end of dodgy decisions....ITALY. after decades of teams like Italy getting decisions going for them and being corrupt as feck I find that hilarious.  The home team got some dodgy decisions go their way....not good but it happens all the time. It's only highlighted  because it was a minnow team who had never won a game at the world cup before. Poor poor giants of football

I was having a wee joke, I don't actually think that the referees were bribed. That being said, they benefited greatly against Spain as well. Poor refereeing was definitely a factor in their progression to the semi final to be listed among the other factors. As you say, it happens all the time. The list of Champions League winners, for example, would look quite different if VAR had been around for a few years already. 

Supras, doing Suoras things.

Always disappears when you tell him the ten most populated countries are China, India, USA, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia and Mexico.

Population is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

I was having a wee joke, I don't actually think that the referees were bribed. That being said, they benefited greatly against Spain as well. Poor refereeing was definitely a factor in their progression to the semi final to be listed among the other factors. As you say, it happens all the time. The list of Champions League winners, for example, would look quite different if VAR had been around for a few years already. 

Gotcha sorry....had this argument with lots of people who seem to think SK were the only team to have a ref go all homer for them. No doubt some shockers in there but it shouldn't completely take away from the massive achievement from a team who hadn't won a single game before. Plus there's no denying it's funny watching Italy freak out and yell corruption.  Italy missed an open goal in the last minute too! 

12 hours ago, Kuro said:

I can't be bothered with this argument.  If you don't think population is the most important factor youre an idiot.  End of story.

Zlatan was vastly overrated and only scored goals in poor leagues.

And now we play the waiting game...

Population has fuck all to do with how good a nation is at a sport.  

It's about how good the coaches of that sport are.  It's very simple to understand I would've thought.