Moving forward

Bing.McCrosby

46 minutes ago, swing_kinker said:

And the totally undeserved Scottish arrogance rears it's head again. Useless teams.....just like Kazakhstan eh? Who the hell do we think we are to deride countries because we were good 30 years ago? The constant living in the past is killing us just like berating every generation coming through for not being Dalglish or Sourness.  

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but Scotland are clearly much better than Australia.  There's just no debate at all.  Their captain plays for Hibs FFS.  

Edited by Kuro

10 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but Scotland are clearly much better than Australia.  There's just no debate at all.  Their captain plays for Hibs FFS.  

Northern Ireland's rogues gallery hardly play for the giants but they have a manager who has them fighting as a team and they are doing better than us. A collection of good players isn't enough. Again, utter arrogance based on nothing tangible 

Edited by swing_kinker

1 minute ago, swing_kinker said:

Northern Ireland's rogues gallery hardly play for the giants but they have a manager who has them fighting as a team and they are doing better than us. A collection of good players isn't enough. Again, utter arrogance based on nothing tangible 

Sorry, I have little patience for idiots.  Scotland are much better than N Ireland too.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Harry Souttar is pish and plays for Australia.  Can we stop talking about him please?

Another one who.hasn't seem him.  Google him.  Causing quite a stir just now.  Just been recalled to Stoke after shitting all over league one on loan.  Compare him to our other CB's aged 20 .  He's better than all of them.

11 hours ago, Aidan said:
15 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
Turning his back on his country unlike his big brother who unfortunately will no doubt become a better player than in a few years

Ah right so a player who hasn't turned his back on his country is a p***k for turning his back on his country? Got you.

And that don't make sence 

Anyway, I just heard on the radio that Peter Houston is the assistant coach for the under 21 national team.
Moving forward indeed...

Those of you know who read Keith Jackson every week (and I know I do) will know exactly how this plays out if Scoop gets his way. McLeish sacked, replaced by Scotland Gemmill, and Houston gets the U21s gig. And a nation of football fans weeps into its Guinness.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Those of you know who read Keith Jackson every week (and I know I do) will know exactly how this plays out if Scoop gets his way. McLeish sacked, replaced by Scotland Gemmill, and Houston gets the U21s gig. And a nation of football fans weeps into its Guinness.

Doesn't sound like the SFA tbh, needs more chair shuffling. 

You have five roles (Senior manager, Senior assistant, U21 manager, U21 assistant, U19 manager), and five men (McLeish, Grant, Gemmill, Houston, Sbragia).

They all need to move, but all need to have a job they've not had before. 

It's like one of those daft scenario quizzes you have to solve before you get an army job.

18 hours ago, swing_kinker said:

We are in the play offs there not pish granted they got two got wins and start to the proceedings 

We could pump them with our B team if we actually had a good manager that knows modern football and more importantly attacking fitbaw 

One man against San Marino?Feck off he might as well played the Levein 4 6 0 formation it was as good as it

24 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

We are in the play offs there not pish granted they got two got wins and start to the proceedings 

We could pump them with our B team if we actually had a good manager that knows modern football and more importantly attacking fitbaw 

One man against San Marino?Feck off he might as well played the Levein 4 6 0 formation it was as good as it

Right.....but we don't which is why we are not good just now despite having good players.  Which was my point 

Just now, swing_kinker said:

Right.....but we don't which is why we are not good just now despite having good players.  Which was my point 

SFA needs cleared out to like Germans did in 1999

And they unlike us actually won things they made there football one federation

We are stuck in Victorian times it's decrepid

Guest DAVIDB69
Bad word to use but it is horrific behaviour.  Turning his back on his country, and just using another one to further his career.  Appalling.
As for the statement above that it is just to enhance his development and doesn't mean he won't play for Scotland that's nonsense. 
How would games against shite like Taipei enhance his development, especially when he could have been playing for Scotland u21s against Mexico and Sweden at the same time?  He has clearly walked away from Scotland to play for Australia cause they offer him the chance to play in a world cup.  It's as simple as that.
Shameful behaviour, genuinely indefensible for a guy born and raised in Scotland and who has been part of the Scotland setup for years.
Also illustrates the farce of the qualifying setup given Scotland are miles better than Australia but much less likely to qualify for a WC. 
The guy from Hibs whose name I forget stood no chance of ever getting in a Scotland squad (Boyle?) so went to play for Australia.  Walked straight into their team and scored twice.  We're much better than they are.

We are not much better than Australia

54 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We are better than them there best player failed at St Mirren and has dropped out EPL in record points

Sorry picking them over us to play in a easier world cup route is shite bagness at it's highest order

And possibly brothers who don't get on like the fan dans Oasis scenario wish Harry was Noel though the good one

59 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Their captain plays for Hibs.  Do you see any Hibs players in the Scotland squad?  Martin Boyle stood absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever even getting in a Scotland squad, we have at least a dozen better wide players, yet he walked straight into their team scoring twice on his debut.  We're much better than Australia, it's just not up for debate.

We also play much better teams than them in qualifying, which would also be much better for a player's development than playing against the dross they play.