Moving forward

Bing.McCrosby

2 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

We know how good they are but there not holding midfielders so comparing them with McCrorie is hardly fair who is bigger stronger and more athletic which are good atributes to have at international football level 

Allan Campbell has been playing more defensive until the emergence of the Spainsh Lad Gorrin. Allan is versatile and can play anywhere in the central midfield. However I do feel that Turnbull deserves more recognition. He has been a stand out this season and Motherwell will be very lucky to keep him as he will go to the very top!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MFC97 said:

Allan Campbell has been playing more defensive until the emergence of the Spainsh Lad Gorrin. Allan is versatile and can play anywhere in the central midfield. However I do feel that Turnbull deserves more recognition. He has been a stand out this season and Motherwell will be very lucky to keep him as he will go to the very top!

Both them have and the winger to and they will if they qualify us for the under 21 and reach a finals been waiting a long time there to

• 2 weeks later...
Didn’t realise Harry soutter accepted a call up to Australia under 23 squad last month. Supposedly he’s been doing well on loan to fleetwood

p***k off a boy

Why the f**k did he accept a call up to the Oz national team. The mind boggles. 

Some people seem willing and prepared to do anything rather than play for McLeish!!!

10 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Why the f**k did he accept a call up to the Oz national team. The mind boggles. 

He has very few caps for any of the Scotland youth sides and Australia have qualified for the last four World Cups. Given their location Australia always have a good chance of qualifying, even if they'll never do well in the competition itself.

Assuming he can still switch back if he doesn't get a full international cap, it's a pretty logical decision.

It was definitely indicated that he wasn't committing himself to Australia in any way, and was just taking the opportunity to further his career. I doubt it's going to be a problem for him, because based on what we saw at Ross County last season I doubt he'll be chapping at the door of the national team any time soon.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It was definitely indicated that he wasn't committing himself to Australia in any way, and was just taking the opportunity to further his career. I doubt it's going to be a problem for him, because based on what we saw at Ross County last season I doubt he'll be chapping at the door of the national team any time soon.

Remind me never to pay the slightest bit of attention to your opinion ever again.  Harry Souttar is developing absolutely stunningly well, is clearly the number one defensive prospect Scotland have (I guarantee you he goes much further than McKenna) and the best we have had for a long time.  McLeish should be crawling over broken glass to get him to play for us.

He is good enough to play for Scotland tomorrow, and would stand a very good chance of being first choice next to McKenna in the Euro's next year.  Only Bates would be in a position to rival him, nobody else.  He will undoubtedly go on to be first choice for a club like Man Utd. The best CB we have produced in twenty years minimum.  Will be first choice for Stoke before Xmas and be interesting the biggest clubs in the world by March next year.  Phenomenal prospect.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Welcome back.

I don't believe we've met, but I suggest you Google Harry Souttar and read the reviews he's been getting recently.  I would also imagine you probably didn't see him even once for Ross County, where he actually did very well.

3 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Turning his back on his country unlike his big brother who unfortunately will no doubt become a better player than in a few years

Oddly worded but got you now. I agree he's well regarded but I think you're going a bit over the top regarding how good he is.  also, it's not a full cap

10 minutes ago, swing_kinker said:

Oddly worded but got you now. I agree he's well regarded but I think you're going a bit over the top regarding how good he is.  also, it's not a full cap

Don't matter what it is he decided to play for another team that never brought him through at any level clubs or country

Traitor

33 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Don't matter what it is he decided to play for another team that never brought him through at any level clubs or country

Traitor

Bad word to use but it is horrific behaviour.  Turning his back on his country, and just using another one to further his career.  Appalling.

As for the statement above that it is just to enhance his development and doesn't mean he won't play for Scotland that's nonsense. 

How would games against shite like Taipei enhance his development, especially when he could have been playing for Scotland u21s against Mexico and Sweden at the same time?  He has clearly walked away from Scotland to play for Australia cause they offer him the chance to play in a world cup.  It's as simple as that.

Shameful behaviour, genuinely indefensible for a guy born and raised in Scotland and who has been part of the Scotland setup for years.

Also illustrates the farce of the qualifying setup given Scotland are miles better than Australia but much less likely to qualify for a WC. 

The guy from Hibs whose name I forget stood no chance of ever getting in a Scotland squad (Boyle?) so went to play for Australia.  Walked straight into their team and scored twice.  We're much better than they are.

Turning his back on his country unlike his big brother who unfortunately will no doubt become a better player than in a few years
Ah right so a player who hasn't turned his back on his country is a p***k for turning his back on his country? Got you.

5 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Bad word to use but it is horrific behaviour.  Turning his back on his country, and just using another one to further his career.  Appalling.

As for the statement above that it is just to enhance his development and doesn't mean he won't play for Scotland that's nonsense. 

How would games against shite like Taipei enhance his development, especially when he could have been playing for Scotland u21s against Mexico and Sweden at the same time?  He has clearly walked away from Scotland to play for Australia cause they offer him the chance to play in a world cup.  It's as simple as that.

Shameful behaviour, genuinely indefensible for a guy born and raised in Scotland and who has been part of the Scotland setup for years.

Also illustrates the farce of the qualifying setup given Scotland are miles better than Australia but much less likely to qualify for a WC. 

The guy from Hibs whose name I forget stood no chance of ever getting in a Scotland squad (Boyle?) so went to play for Australia.  Walked straight into their team and scored twice.  We're much better than they are.

And the totally undeserved Scottish arrogance rears it's head again. Useless teams.....just like Kazakhstan eh? Who the hell do we think we are to deride countries because we were good 30 years ago? The constant living in the past is killing us just like berating every generation coming through for not being Dalglish or Sourness.  

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:
4 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Ah right so a player who hasn't turned his back on his country is a p***k for turning his back on his country? Got you.

Was trying to figure it out too. There's a word missing but he means Harry will turn out better. 

47 minutes ago, Aidan said:
5 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I don't know what you mean, but Harry Souttar has clearly turned his back on his country.

Archived