Moving forward

Bing.McCrosby

8 hours ago, velo army said:

He's excellent with the ball at his feet though, and holds it up well. He's not a big muscular target man, but as a creative forward he's hugely underrated.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him being effective against good teams.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the U21 squad, and thinking ahead, there are a few names in there that could potentially step in to the main squad later in the year if the need was there. I'm thinking Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen) Ross McCrorie (Rangers) Mikey Johnston (Celtic) and Allan Campbell (M'well)

16 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

If Mikey Johnston, Ross McCrorie or Allan Campbell are in the Scotland squad later in the year I'll be cancelling my flights to Belgium. Good lord.

was meaning next season, and I did say if the need was there - ie injury crisis. You'd seriously cancel your flights if a few of the current U21s get called up? Why?

22 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

was meaning next season, and I did say if the need was there - ie injury crisis. You'd seriously cancel your flights if a few of the current U21s get called up? Why?

Tbf to him McCrorie and Johnston are nowhere near their first teams and are playing reserve games.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:32, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf to him McCrorie and Johnston are nowhere near their first teams and are playing reserve games.

McCrorie has started something like 10 of the last 15 games for Rangers. Johnston has played in 8 of Celtics last 15, albeit it mostly from the bench. I'm not advocating these to be straight in the side - it was more about looking forward into next season. But if either get a run of games just now, and start of the season well, then like I said in my original point, there's no reason why the couldn't be considered if we needed players in their positions.

2 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

McCrorie has started something like 10 of the last 15 games for Rangers. Johnston has played in 8 of Celtics last 15, albeit it mostly from the bench. I'm not advocating these to be straight in the side - it was more about looking forward into next season. But if either get a run of games just now, and start of the season well, then like I said in my original point, there's no reason why the couldn't be considered if we needed players in their positions.

I'm not expecting either of them to be in the squad this time around, but over this campaign, why not? If they continue to play for their clubs, to a decent standard then I think it's a no brainer that they should be considered for future squads.

• 3 weeks later...

Shanklund up front hopefully scoring goals in England Swansea Sunderland were ever

Harper scoring goals for Getafe in Spain hopefully nailing a place up front with Shanks 

McCrorie starting Rangers games every week and nailing a place down in holding midfield

Cooper still playing as captain for Leeds in the EPL

Lindsay hopefully in EPL to at Brighton or at very most at Celtic or a bigger English champ team like Villa 

Mowatt back in championship with Barnsley hopefully being consistent and putting case down for selection 

Bryan at Fulham hopefully gets selected and wants to play for us for left back

Targett to at Fulham gets games and wants to play for us at left wing

Adams prob don't want to but fingers cross changes his mind 

Porteus keeps progressing at Hibs and comes and nails doon place at left side center half

We keep trying to get Harvey Barnes to untill he comes if he does not have England calling him

We finally give Jamie Paterson at Bristol City a chance on the wing

Maybe give Murray Wallace a cap in a friendly for center half 

And Robertson who is in championship at Rotherham

Connor McLennan looks impressive to and would not surprise me when he is back will make step up

Jason Naismith at right back has a chance if Peterburgh come up through play offs or might move cos he is good

Stevie Mallan continues to get goals from midfield could see us get a look at him to

Ryan Hardie might be a option to if he hits another run of form and scores goals at Livvy 

Craig Halkett got chance to even if his next moves Hearts and not doon south

Henderson to Verona are 4th if go up and plays will put name down as regular cap

Bates hopefully in German top flight to

Would like Clark to get chance in goals don't know if it will happen

Would still love to take Gunn if not capped

18 minutes ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

English Championship: QPR: Matt Smith and Eberechi Eze Brentford: Josh McEachran, Birmingham: Che Adam

English League One Portsmouth Craig MacGillivray

McEachran was still talking about getting a English cap a year ago

Smith has 4 goals in 29 games and is same age hardly what we will build our hopes on even if he came cos he is a big unit

I am not saying Shanks if he ends up at Sunderland or wherever will get 20 a year or whatever 

But bet he gets more than 4 and when he pulls on that shirt it will mean everything to him

Gets right service though who knows guys a natural goal scorer and scores all different types of goals to all be it in a league he is to good for

44 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

McEachran was still talking about getting a English cap a year ago

Smith has 4 goals in 29 games and is same age hardly what we will build our hopes on even if he came cos he is a big unit

I am not saying Shanks if he ends up at Sunderland or wherever will get 20 a year or whatever 

But bet he gets more than 4 and when he pulls on that shirt it will mean everything to him

Gets right service though who knows guys a natural goal scorer and scores all different types of goals to all be it in a league he is to good for

Smith help QPR fight up place of Championship 

17 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Shanklund up front hopefully scoring goals in England Swansea Sunderland were ever

Harper scoring goals for Getafe in Spain hopefully nailing a place up front with Shanks 

McCrorie starting Rangers games every week and nailing a place down in holding midfield

Cooper still playing as captain for Leeds in the EPL

Lindsay hopefully in EPL to at Brighton or at very most at Celtic or a bigger English champ team like Villa 

Mowatt back in championship with Barnsley hopefully being consistent and putting case down for selection 

Bryan at Fulham hopefully gets selected and wants to play for us for left back

Targett to at Fulham gets games and wants to play for us at left wing

Adams prob don't want to but fingers cross changes his mind 

Porteus keeps progressing at Hibs and comes and nails doon place at left side center half

We keep trying to get Harvey Barnes to untill he comes if he does not have England calling him

We finally give Jamie Paterson at Bristol City a chance on the wing

Maybe give Murray Wallace a cap in a friendly for center half 

And Robertson who is in championship at Rotherham

Connor McLennan looks impressive to and would not surprise me when he is back will make step up

Jason Naismith at right back has a chance if Peterburgh come up through play offs or might move cos he is good

Stevie Mallan continues to get goals from midfield could see us get a look at him to

Ryan Hardie might be a option to if he hits another run of form and scores goals at Livvy 

Craig Halkett got chance to even if his next moves Hearts and not doon south

Henderson to Verona are 4th if go up and plays will put name down as regular cap

Bates hopefully in German top flight to

Would like Clark to get chance in goals don't know if it will happen

Would still love to take Gunn if not capped

Forgetting David Turnbull who is Motherwell's top scorer this season playing from central midfield and has also created a fair amount of goals aswell? Allan Campbell is another who should be infront of McCrorie In terms of getting called up to the full national side. Think people don't realise how good these young players at Motherwell actually are , there must be a reason for 4 of them being in the u21's side...

Just now, MFC97 said:

Forgetting David Turnbull who is Motherwell's top scorer this season playing from central midfield and has also created a fair amount of goals aswell? Allan Campbell is another who should be infront of McCrorie In terms of getting called up to the full national side. Think people don't realise how good these young players at Motherwell actually are , there must be a reason for 4 of them being in the u21's side...

We know how good they are but there not holding midfielders so comparing them with McCrorie is hardly fair who is bigger stronger and more athletic which are good atributes to have at international football level 

Archived