favourite film

ah-dee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All your choices are wrong..... there can be only one!

Highlander.

Been watching this film since I was a young lad. Outstanding sound track, great one liners, a Scotsman playing a Spanish Egyptian and a French Canadian playing a Scotsman.

What’s not to enjoy. I have watched quite a few better films however this is my favourite.

Highlander.

Been watching this film since I was a young lad. Outstanding sound track, great one liners, a Scotsman playing a Spanish Egyptian and a French Canadian playing a Scotsman.

What’s not to enjoy. I have watched quite a few better films however this is my favourite.
My wee cousin is named after the lead character.

Love the film also, some horrifically bad acting but thats what adds to it. The one liners are fanstaic 'hi im candy' .... 'i know you are'

My wee cousin is named after the lead character.

Love the film also, some horrifically bad acting but thats what adds to it. The one liners are fanstaic 'hi im candy' .... 'i know you are'

That’s a fantastic claim to fame. I asked my parents at the age of 12 if I could change my name to Connor McLeod. They refused....

Clancy Brown puts in a brilliant performance as the Kurgan. Just a side note however it’s ‘Hi I’m Candy’.... ‘Of course you are!’. [emoji6]

That’s a fantastic claim to fame. I asked my parents at the age of 12 if I could change my name to Connor McLeod. They refused....

Clancy Brown puts in a brilliant performance as the Kurgan. Just a side note however it’s ‘Hi I’m Candy’.... ‘Of course you are!’. [emoji6]
Hahaha so it is [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Id just get myself down to the registry office and get it changed.... be a cracking surprise for them.

The rest of them are really poor

On 22/11/2018 at 09:48, Blootoon87 said:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Easily.

Certainly one of the all time great films and for me

The Blues Brothers with one of the all time great quotes - “Use of unnecessary violence in apprehension of the Blues Brothers…has been approved”.

For laughs - Planes, Trains and Automobiles - the scene where John Candy is driving and Steve Martin is sleeping cracks me up every time

or

National Lampoons Xmas Vacation - again has many classic scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2018 at 10:42, badgerthewitness said:

My opinion changes over time but, right now, I'm really into Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The performances are so subtle & understated, you have to watch it a few times to fully appreciate it.

That & Airplane! Comedic genius.

TTSS is a brilliant film as is 12 Angry Men (original casting).

I rarely visit this forum.  Is there a best thing on TV ever (film, drama, documentary) thread?

The US series Newsroom and GoT are far better than any film I’ve watched.

On 24/11/2018 at 11:53, wellboy1991 said:

Highlander.

Love Highlander. It's not quite my favourite ever film but definitely top 10. It's my older brother's favourite though.

"I have something to say! It's better to burn out that to fade away!"

"I know his name..."

"He's in league with Lucifer!"

I wouldn't rate Highlander in my all time top 10 - that honour would include The Apartment, A Wonderful Life, Dead Poet's Society, When Harry Met Sally, Blazing Saddles - but it's the only film I watched three times at the cinema when it first came out.

I loved everything about it, but was particularly taken by the editing...the magical way it would cut between significant scenes (e.g. modern day Connor McLeod staring into a fish tank; the camera pans up the tank and seamlessly cuts to a Scottish loch with the original Connor learning to swim).

Watched it twice with my girlfriend (now wife) and then with a few University friends. The latter hated it![emoji38]

Archived