Star crossed lovers( a tragedy) Clyde v Berwick

You couldn’t believe just how bad the defending is until you watch those highlights. Berwick seemed to get battered.

Where was Rankin playing? How was that first goal not offside.

I hope Bollan has watched that and just ordered crosses into the box all day. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

You couldn’t believe just how bad the defending is until you watch those highlights. Berwick seemed to get battered.

Where was Rankin playing? How was that first goal not offside.

I hope Bollan has watched that and just ordered crosses into the box all day. 

1. Berwick battered? We made two subs to injuries.

2. Midfield, and very well, thank you. 

3. A typically backward Cowdenbeath supporter remark. That's all your team ever do!!

It'll be postcodes and namechanges you'll be on about next. 

32 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

3. A typically backward Cowdenbeath supporter remark. That's all your team ever do!!

Don't worry about him, he's just trying to deflect from the fact that his team is a permanent host of society's scum. Whether those who bet against their own team like Dean Brett or those who shout sectarian abuse, Cowdenbeath FC will always be a tinpot, backwards embarrassment to Scottish football. 

Something that’s been bugging me for a while- the highlights- it’s the most brilliant facility- but who on earth is the person shrieking all through the game? They must be so close to the camera- I get that people get excited- especially in a game like the Berwick one- but it’s just about every week- and not isolated to high drama moments- all for people enjoying themselves- after all, they pay their money- but any chance of relocating the camera or maybe having a quiet word  in the shrieker’s shell like?

6 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

1. You’re an idiot. 

36 minutes ago, HughieMc said:

Something that’s been bugging me for a while- the highlights- it’s the most brilliant facility- but who on earth is the person shrieking all through the game? They must be so close to the camera- I get that people get excited- especially in a game like the Berwick one- but it’s just about every week- and not isolated to high drama moments- all for people enjoying themselves- after all, they pay their money- but any chance of relocating the camera or maybe having a quiet word  in the shrieker’s shell like?

I just presumed someone had perhaps mislaid a tarantula among the seats directly beneath.

They must have done it in September though. Poor thing will catch a death if not rehomed soon.

I've no problem with the "shrieker". This lady gets excited watching Clyde and shows it. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I'd much rather listen to her than some of the grumpy buggers that sit near me.

In fact, there are a couple of Clyde supporters who regularly attend away games that would make your ears bleed. Only foul mouthed vitriol comes from them (usually towards Clyde players). Little humour. I tend not to sit near them if I can.

1 hour ago, HughieMc said:

Take your point Haufdaft- but I’m not hearing the others you mention on the highlights- a simple relocation of the camera would sort it- and Meg Ryan can carry on getting excited to her hearts desire.

Probably the sort of person who would ask her to twerk if she won an award IMHO.

16 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I've no problem with the "shrieker". This lady gets excited watching Clyde and shows it. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I'd much rather listen to her than some of the grumpy buggers that sit near me.

In fact, there are a couple of Clyde supporters who regularly attend away games that would make your ears bleed. Only foul mouthed vitriol comes from them (usually towards Clyde players). Little humour. I tend not to sit near them if I can.

Hope you're their next target you fat snake

2 hours ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion watching your team, i would much rather be sat beside a bunch of loud fans using industrial language than a group of Hooray Henry's !!

Do we have any "Hooray Henry's"?

There's not been much to "hooray" about for quite a while.

Conversely, who would be the closest to those at the club? Are we not all Clyde fans together, after all? 

2 hours ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion watching your team, i would much rather be sat beside a bunch of loud fans using industrial language than a group of Hooray Henry's !!

“In British English slang, Hooray Henry or Hoorah Henry is a pejorative term, comparable to "toff", for an upper class British male who exudes loud-mouthed arrogance and an air of superiority, often flaunting his public school upbringing. “

Good luck finding some of them to sit with and annoy you at an SPFL League 2 match! What with their shouts of, “ C’mon Clyde! Let’s give these oiks  a good thrashing!” Or perhaps, “ Goodie, Goodie! He’s our man! If he can’t do it no one can!”  I’d agree with you!

Where exactly do your “Hooray Henrys “ gather? Murrayfield? Scotstoun? Twickenham?

24 minutes ago, Wadsley said:

“In British English slang, Hooray Henry or Hoorah Henry is a pejorative term, comparable to "toff", for an upper class British male who exudes loud-mouthed arrogance and an air of superiority, often flaunting his public school upbringing. “

Good luck finding some of them to sit with and annoy you at an SPFL League 2 match! What with their shouts of, “ C’mon Clyde! Let’s give these oiks  a good thrashing!” Or perhaps, “ Goodie, Goodie! He’s our man! If he can’t do it no one can!”  I’d agree with you!

Where exactly do your “Hooray Henrys “ gather? Murrayfield? Scotstoun? Twickenham?

But hold on a second Wadsley, these sound like enthusiastic, supportive comments and/or chants. Which at least one can make sense of, no less.

The original inference seemed to suggest quite the opposite, if anything. 

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

But hold on a second Wadsley, these sound like enthusiastic, supportive comments and/or chants. Which at least one can make sense of, no less.

The original inference seemed to suggest quite the opposite, if anything. 

Indeed. I presumed the poster was against any chants from Hooray Henrys. Perhaps my suggested comments from them should have been, “ Oh for goodness sake, Mr. Lennon! Get someone who can fill the right back position!” Or, “ Do try harder, goalminder! Your kicking for touch is lacking in accuracy and your fielding of the ball at times lacks  positivity!”

Archived