Star crossed lovers( a tragedy) Clyde v Berwick

The effort and quality in the second half was absolutely outstanding. I actually thought there was plenty of both in the first half as well and we struck the woodwork three times, Goodwillie also brought an excellent save out of Brennan and McNiff misread a cross when he had a free header at a set piece. However, with McNiff diabolical defensively (injured?), Cuddihy error prone, someone (maybe Goodwillie) falling asleep for the second at the free kick and Currie messing up twice at the third goal (not choosing a two-man wall to eliminate the chance of a shot, then not saving what was actually a poor effort on goal), we ended up three down. Berwick hit the bar as well.
Boyle had a good impact (absolutely buzzing to see him meandering about the mud in Cowdenbeath next week) but the impetus really came from Rankin, Lamont, McStay and Cuddihy who all put in an incredible amount of running, and played some great one-touch football. Some shocking misses (no idea how McStay missed), McStay hit the bar and there were some decent saves but three goals was the least we deserved.  The third was a cracker. After the equaliser Currie made a terrific save and Berwick hit the post. I felt we lost a bit of momentum with the mental introduction of AKB for the injured Cogill and Berwick started to run right past Nicoll/Rumsby (not a criticism of the former at all). Another couple of good saves from Currie and they hit the bar with a mishit cross but at the other end Goodwillie could and should have scored, whilst Grant hit the post (think that's 8 in total between the teams?) after a superb mazy run.
An enjoyable team to watch, but ultimately one that have now shown they'll come up short chasing the top two. Need to hope we have one of our good periods when the playoffs come around. With no offence to a Berwick side who have improved recently, we should be able to pick up wins against them without having to stage ridiculous comebacks if we're going to compete with Edinburgh/Peterhead. 
Man of the match; Rankin. He could perhaps consider himself to be overlooked for PotM and he's far better in a freer role, rather than playing centrally. I did also think that was the best Goodwillie has played all season, until the last 15 minutes when he tried to do everything himself.
Think I need to lie down in a darkened room as I think your post is spot on [emoji6]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Best & worst £14 quid I’ve spent in a while!
Probably need to repaint the woodwork after that. I can’t remember seeing as many efforts hit the woodwork in a game.
Great team spirit from our boys putting themselves in front of everything at the end and ultimately could have nicked the match in a mad finale.
Goodwillie missed a sitter,Barr could have finished it off twice at the other end. Brennan made the easy hard and the hard stuff elegant.
I hope someone got it all on film because it was a classic.
MerryOki Xmas

Know one of these games we've all came away from many many many many times and thought, Christ that was dull?

This wisny one o them...! ;)

18 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Think I need to lie down in a darkened room as I think your post is spot on emoji6.png

Wouldn't be surprised if you were lyin down givin yer voice a rest with all the shoutin and ballin you were doin until we equalised and then you were like a mouse

Cos ye'd f**k all to complain about :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if you were lyin down givin yer voice a rest with all the shoutin and ballin you were doin until we equalised and then you were like a mouse
Cos ye'd f**k all to complain about [emoji38]
I but you weren't in the car going home [emoji23]

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Cos ye'd f**k all to complain about :lol:

Lol-only because he cares!

Bizarre game. We created as many chances in a game as I can remember, yet were 3 down due to dreadful defending and more annoyingly, giving away needless free kicks to give Berwick the chances to score. I still think Currie is a decent keeper, but he was poor today. It was fairly obvious there was a huge gap to the right of the wall for the guy to shoot. 

Second half we played some great stuff, and deserved our 3 goals. We could’ve had a lot more. Goodwillie was greedy, he could’ve put Boyle in 1 on 1 with the keeper but instead made an arse of doing it himself. 

A tough one to sum up, the titles away for sure. But we have a nice gap to Annan and Elgin. 

We really need a left back in January, if Stewart’s injury is as bad as I’ve heard. 

Looking at the highlights, I think Berwick's first two goals look offside.

The first looks like the cross hits the Berwick player on its way through to the goal scorer who's standing in an offside position.

The second, I think the scorer who comes in outside of the back post looks marginally offside too when the ball is played.

I'm happy to be corrected by folk who were in better positions at the match.

I thought first was defo offside but couple of boys to my right said it came off clyde player last...

2nd goal thought Currie could have made attempt to try n punch or catch. Right under his bar.

3rd goal. One man wall and huge gap. Unbelievable viewing.

Three down but played well. Chances created etc..

Great comeback again. Not win leagues tho relying on scoring 3s or 4s every game

Mon Danny sort it[emoji106]

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Looking at the highlights, I think Berwick's first two goals look offside.

The first looks like the cross hits the Berwick player on its way through to the goal scorer who's standing in an offside position.

The second, I think the scorer who comes in outside of the back post looks marginally offside too when the ball is played.

I'm happy to be corrected by folk who were in better positions at the match.

The second to my mind at the moment of impact looked like a bit of 'clever' play from the Berwick player forcing our defender into knocking the ball backwards, therefore no offside. Not one of those goals was a good one to lose, in that they were entirely preventable

5 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Best game for a few seasons.

End to end with almost every attack ending in a shot.

Whoa whoa. Steady on Haufdaft!

We seem to be implemeting the football equivalent of a run-chase every time we play Berwick these days. I pay to watch Clyde play for 90 minutes, at both ends of the park. Not 45.

Whoa whoa. Steady on Haufdaft!

We seem to be implemeting the football equivalent of a run-chase every time we play Berwick these days. I pay to watch Clyde play for 90 minutes, at both ends of the park. Not 45.
True.

I do have a theory that Clyde teams in over the last decade only play well for one half in any game *

It was a cracking match in which Clyde created many chances in both halves and were defensively poor in both halves.

I was on the edge of my seat whenever the ball was near any goalmouth. That's why i enjoyed it so much. The excitement made my auld heart beat like a drum and made me feel young and virile again. **

* No doubt easily disproven.

**Very easily disproven.

Archived