MIDS

I read on Stranraer Facebook mids have refused to play Stranraer for a second time on the 3G this weekend and game is going to be off. Surely this is not allowed and why is this? Shocking on Mids behalf especially with back log of games which happens in this league.

Surely teams want games played at this time of year? Stranraer played a few games at 3g last year it makes sense, few year ago at wigtown we moved game to newtons 3g to get game played, player shortage doesnt seem to be issue as its 2nd time refusing

9 hours ago, SaintMan said:

I read on Stranraer Facebook mids have refused to play Stranraer for a second time on the 3G this weekend and game is going to be off. Surely this is not allowed and why is this? Shocking on Mids behalf especially with back log of games which happens in this league.

Could be wrong but something tells me academy 3G is not a SOS approved ground and Mids are right not to play on it, 

3 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I don’t know the full story guys but says postponed due to pitch maintenance on SOS website therefore was it Mids or Stranraer that cancelled?

looks like it was Stranraer if you go by SoS website 

Game defo off due to mids refusing to switch 

3 hours ago, SaintMan said:

I’m sure the 3G is registered to the league if stair park unplayable due to conditions / first team 

If it is the  Sos have obviously changed their criteria. The goalposts are a danger with the heavy metal frames just behind the posts, which should be in sockets. The dressing room is too far from the pitch according to the SOS 4 years ago when Newton Stewart was refused permission to play there when they had flooding issues at Blairmount or perhaps the dressing rooms were too far from Dumfries!!  

1 hour ago, info said:

If it is the  Sos have obviously changed their criteria. The goalposts are a danger with the heavy metal frames just behind the posts, which should be in sockets. The dressing room is too far from the pitch according to the SOS 4 years ago when Newton Stewart was refused permission to play there when they had flooding issues at Blairmount or perhaps the dressing rooms were too far from Dumfries!!  

What about Dumfries high? They are same distance or probably further away from the pitch the changing rooms 

Mids pitch is further away from their changing rooms than it is at Stranraer Academy. Stranraer played numerous games there last season so I would stay your argument is invalid.

Think the dressing rooms being too far away is a poor excuse tbh as you have plenty of grounds away from the pitch such as Moffat and mids and tbh I’d say Stranraer is closer if not same as others and you can see the pitch clearly coming out changing rooms. 

It’s a complete shambles how mids can decide not to play a game when there is a pitch that’s registered for the Stranraer reserves to play on if stair park has issues.  All this sos have changed their criteria is a lot of rubbish and excuses. Get the game played !

It’s a complete shambles how mids can decide not to play a game when there is a pitch that’s registered for the Stranraer reserves to play on if stair park has issues.  All this sos have changed their criteria is a lot of rubbish and excuses. Get the game played !

Short of players this week?

What a joke. How can a team just decide whether they want to play a game or not? Stranraer have played a few games on the Academy 3G with no problems?

As said above, presumably it suits Mids to avoid having the game this weekend. Will they be happy if it’s rearranged for a midweek evening at some point?

Many teams played at the 3G in Stranraer last year and this wasn’t a problem. Mids play home games on one themselves.
For the pitch being to far from the dressing room...get a grip! It’s football we are playing here and we have a privilege to to do so. Me personally, I love the playing football and would do anything come Saturday or any other day of the week to play the game

Many teams played at the 3G in Stranraer last year and this wasn’t a problem. Mids play home games on one themselves.
For the pitch being to far from the dressing room...get a grip! It’s football we are playing here and we have a privilege to to do so. Me personally, I love the playing football and would do anything come Saturday or any other day of the week to play the game

Cmon down to creetown bud get u into the hospitality suite the mora think a few boys coming down to watch

Archived