Edinburgh City v ICT

Guest Landan Spiv

Hope everyone travelling up has a night to remember. Work commitments have stopped me making the journey (another black mark against the scourge of mankind that is capitalism I guess) but I’ll be with you in spirit. And by that I mean sitting at home in the warmth refreshing Twitter.

I should add I expect us to get a bit of a doing, I just hope we come back down the road injury free.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Hope everyone travelling up has a night to remember. Work commitments have stopped me making the journey (another black mark against the scourge of mankind that is capitalism I guess) but I’ll be with you in spirit. And by that I mean sitting at home in the warmth refreshing Twitter.

I should add I expect us to get a bit of a doing, I just hope we come back down the road injury free.

You and/or your team are more likely to sustain injuries on that accident black spot commonly known as the A9 as you are in the Caledonian stadium.

Was really impressed with Rooney last night.  Still a few hairy moments when defending but it a threat going forward.  Last night wasn't the best gauge as City tired in the 2nd half but the tempo was still high and we kept pushing for more goals right until the end.

MacGregor was great when he came on;  always looking for the ball and looking to slip White, then Austin in.  His run and pass for the 6th was lovely.

Other pass marks go to Donaldson, who dealt with his doppelganger Blair Henderson well, and Charlie Trafford who, despite getting it tight from Robbo all game, always looked for the ball and to move it offensively.

Polworth was very quiet, just didn't work out for him last night and was rightly hooked after an hour.  And the attendance drew a few laughs when it was announced too.

Good luck to City, they certainly looked better than League Two standard.

Not going to try to make excuses – we were well beaten by the better team.  We couldn't get the ball from ICT players (40% possession City), and when we did we couldn't do much with it (3 shots on target).  Some of your goals were because of errors, but at least two of them were beauties.

It's a blip, but we did well taking ICT to a replay in the first place.  You were in the Premiership when we were visiting grounds with a piece of string round the pitch.  What is worrying for us is that Andy Black (central midfielder, number 4) had to be taken off with what looked like a groin strain.  He is one of our best players and we already have five first-team squad players long term injured, four of them midfielders.

All the best for the League – and don't take East Kilbride for granted in the next round.  They're a dangerous team.

Archived