Edinburgh City v ICT

Guest Landan Spiv

Hang on, he was doing some undercover reporting on Edinburgh City?! What?!

Yeah kind of, he’d done something similar with Gretna I think. The name he used with us wasn’t his real name as far as I can remember. Last I heard he was away to ‘support’ the Edinburgh ice hockey team.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Yeah kind of, he’d done something similar with Gretna I think. The name he used with us wasn’t his real name as far as I can remember. Last I heard he was away to ‘support’ the Edinburgh ice hockey team.

He posted on here as Mr Blobby as I recall.  Was he not on some mini documentary thing as well?

On 20/11/2018 at 23:59, Landan Spiv said:

i highly recommend the macaroni pies at Ainslie Park.

I asked for a Scotch pie which was confusingly called a mince pie and the lassie gave me a chicken curry pie. It had a real kick and decent amount of chicken but the base was too hard and crispy.

I have nothing to say about the game. 

On 25/11/2018 at 12:40, AllyMonc said:

He was kind of an undercover journalist but that makes it sound more interesting than it is/was. I actually quite liked him and the wee fanzine he did was tremendous but he’s not come to a game for a couple of years now.

He was a bloody fantasist. Harmless enough but a bit of a looney. 

I heard he didn't last long with the ice hockey crowd who were less willing to put up with a fantasist and told him to get to puck... 

Guest Landan Spiv

We've got a supporters bus coming up to Inverness next Tuesday night. Would any Inverness fan be kind enough to tell me what we're looking at price wise for a ticket? I take it it won't be normal prices you charge for the league. Won't be paying 20 odd quid.

8 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

We've got a supporters bus coming up to Inverness next Tuesday night. Would any Inverness fan be kind enough to tell me what we're looking at price wise for a ticket? I take it it won't be normal prices you charge for the league. Won't be paying 20 odd quid.

Can’t find prices yet but past games suggest it’ll be much cheaper than a league game, after all our own extremely fickle fans have to be tempted out on a Tuesday night for a fixture against lower league opposition. But you’re not telling me your decision to travel depends on the ticket price  :wacko:

edit - the clubs agree the prices between them - I seem to recall that both games are usually the same?

Guest Landan Spiv
3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Excellent package, much better than the official WHSC highlights. Anybody know what the attendance was?

867 official attendance 

Guest Landan Spiv

Can’t find prices yet but past games suggest it’ll be much cheaper than a league game, after all our own extremely fickle fans have to be tempted out on a Tuesday night for a fixture against lower league opposition. But you’re not telling me your decision to travel depends on the ticket price  :wacko:

edit - the clubs agree the prices between them - I seem to recall that both games are usually the same?

Apparently prices are £12/£6. Very good by Inverness 

Guest Landan Spiv
28 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Those grass bankings that are dangerous for Irn Bru Cup ties are safe in the Scottish Cup? 

Another good effort by City. Might head along and support them at Caley Park next week. 

Yeah it's ridiculous. Blame the SFA. You'll be more than welcome in the away end to join us 

On 27/11/2018 at 23:52, Waspie said:

Those grass bankings that are dangerous for Irn Bru Cup ties are safe in the Scottish Cup? 

Another good effort by City. Might head along and support them at Caley Park next week. 

Well ICT in the good old days were experts at getting other clubs’ managers sacked. City are in that position on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night's game, should be a good contest and one that will get the nerves going. Interesting Robbo's comments post match in praising the team after that performance on Saturday, Robbo will know the limits of this squad so maybe the injuries problems are taken are into account. There is nothing wrong with trying to give the team some belief after the result against Falkirk didn't go our way rather than give them all a bollocking. Two key games coming up, this one and a big one against the league leaders so why get knickers in a twist and press the panic button just because we lost our first game of the season in December.

Not sure if I've ever seen an Edinburgh City team before. Caley might have played them in the Scottish back in the 80's?

unlikely- the newly reformed City didn't get to play in the Scottish until 1996. Of Highland teams we have played since then Clach, Brora, Fraserburgh, Golspie, Buckie, Keith and Fort William before.  

Caley played at Gala in 1983-84 and Thistle at Spartans in 84-85. Caley also met Spartans in 86-87 at Telford Street (won 5-0. Hiya Spartans, hiya pals!) so perhaps you're thinking of that match. 

Incidentally in 1992-93 Thistle beat Civil Service Strollers 3-1 at Kingsmill and I believe our current goalkeeping coach Alan Mackintosh was in goals for Strollers that day. 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:41, Landan Spiv said:

It's all been confirmed now but for some reason I have it in my head that the prices for a replay must be the same as the original tie :unsure:

Sadly I can't make it up to Inverness this evening. Hopeful that someone will Periscope our penalty shoot out loss.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

unlikely- the newly reformed City didn't get to play in the Scottish until 1996. Of Highland teams we have played since then Clach, Brora, Fraserburgh, Golspie, Buckie, Keith and Fort William before.  

Caley played at Gala in 1983-84 and Thistle at Spartans in 84-85. Caley also met Spartans in 86-87 at Telford Street (won 5-0. Hiya Spartans, hiya pals!) so perhaps you're thinking of that match. 

Incidentally in 1992-93 Thistle beat Civil Service Strollers 3-1 at Kingsmill and I believe our current goalkeeping coach Alan Mackintosh was in goals for Strollers that day. 

He might be thinking of Meadowbank v Caley, in 77-8 and 78-9.

He might be thinking of Meadowbank v Caley, in 77-8 and 78-9.

I believe some naughty people started singing "We're in the Scottish League, Meadowbank, Meadowbank" at those games and things got a bit tasty... for shame!

Archived