Edinburgh City v ICT

Guest Landan Spiv

Guest Landan Spiv

Looking forward to this on Sunday. We certainly have a chance however the gap between full time and part time seemed huge when we played Motherwell and Queen of the south. Anything can happen in the early rounds of the big cup though. Apparently there are over 400 ICT fans coming down. Superb numbers for a sunday game. Youll all be made welcome. Our programme is excellent and i highly recommend the macaroni pies at Ainslie Park. Those wanting a beer theres not much at all nearby so Stockbridge or City centre is your best bet or there is the Village hotel(pricey) a 10 minute walk from the ground at Crewe Toll. Buses 19,27 and 113 take you within walking distance from the ground if you get a bus from the centre.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2018 at 23:59, Landan Spiv said:

Looking forward to this on Sunday. We certainly have a chance however the gap between full time and part time seemed huge when we played Motherwell and Queen of the south. Anything can happen in the early rounds of the big cup though. Apparently there are over 400 ICT fans coming down. Superb numbers for a sunday game. Youll all be made welcome. Our programme is excellent and i highly recommend the macaroni pies at Ainslie Park. Those wanting a beer theres not much at all nearby so Stockbridge or City centre is your best bet or there is the Village hotel(pricey) a 10 minute walk from the ground at Crewe Toll. Buses 19,27 and 113 take you within walking distance from the ground if you get a bus from the centre.

Seriously? Pretty decent for us especially given the relatively late change to the Sunday KO.

Guest Landan Spiv
On 22/11/2018 at 09:43, RiG said:

Seriously? Pretty decent for us especially given the relatively late change to the Sunday KO.

Apparently so. Few folk have told me there's a few hundred coming down. One of them being an ICT season ticket holder

Guest Landan Spiv
2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
3 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:
Apparently so. Few folk have told me there's a few hundred coming down. One of them being an ICT season ticket holder

Tbh there's probably more than 1 ST holder making the journey.

Clearly 

Mixed bag against higher division teams this season, a brilliant display against Arbroath, a stunning come from behind penalty shootout win over Alloa (we were 2 down before I’d had the first bite of my pie) but then 2 absolute horsings from Motherwell and Queen of the South.

The common theme in those results is we can compete with any part time team in the country but look miles off against full timers, which is totally understandable and is in fact ahead of where we expected to be at this point.

All that considered I’m going to err on the side of caution and go for 18-0 City.

Given that we've been pretty bang average for a few weeks now save for the derby game and EC going well in SFL2 there's a fair chance of an upset here. Wouldn't be massively surprised if we did go out given how we've been playing. The first 70 minutes against QOTS last week was shocking.

My hope is that EC come out and attack because if CaleyStan says,they sit in,  we have very little creativity.  Doran can unlock a defence but you never know if he's going to be playing, and if he does play, what mood he's in.

Whatever happened to that guy who used to bring Mr Blobby to games?

He was kind of an undercover journalist but that makes it sound more interesting than it is/was. I actually quite liked him and the wee fanzine he did was tremendous but he’s not come to a game for a couple of years now.

I spoke with Conrad Balatoni ahead of today's game and he certainly seems confident about Edinburgh City's chances! 

Inverness are a decent team and will righky be favourites but I'm sure Conrad is right that they won't find it easy this afternoon. 

Intriguing match for both sides: good luck to both teams! :)

Haven’t seen scenes like that at a City goal in a long time, Gair’s pen to send us up and Porteous away at Arbroath maybe........

I know no one in Scotland should be surprised at ICT drawing a game but I was shocked by how little craft they showed, someone on this thread mention they struggle to break teams down and going by today I’m not surprised.

Couple of really good saves from Antell early on but think we fully deserved the replay and looked like we might nick it at the end. It’s staggering how far this team/club has come in a short space of time.

Is Andy Black the best midfielder in Europe? Hard to say for sure but on the other hand absolutely yes.

12 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

It’s staggering how far this team/club has come in a short space of time.

Not as staggering as how far we’ve regressed since 2015. 

I’ve been slating Aaron Doran recently but this might have been a game for starting him. By far our most creative player. Far too many punts today, make your mind up whether that was a typo.

Well done City, never really threatened but if you’re going to score, that’s when to do it. 

Standard ICT performance devoid of creativity, as it has been for weeks on end now. We've been so sluggish in pretty much every game aside from the Derby match for the last couple of months with no real sign of improvement. You could copy and past pretty much everything I have said after games against the likes of Alloa, Dundee United, QotS and so on about our lack of penetration in the final third and passing up the few chances we do create. Today we were again wasteful in the first half and then in the second half we went very defensive and sat back inviting pressure on to us and paid the price.

Odd line up. McCart was at left back and did fine. Not sure who was meant to be going on in front of the defence though. Walsh was deployed on the left, Chalmers and Welsh in the middle with Polworth drifting across the pitch behind Austin and White. Having two up helped keep City pinned back for the most part but White was really poor today. Wouldn't have minded seeing Oakley and Austin getting some time up front together. After the subs we seemed to be playing three at the back (Mckay, Donaldson and McCart) with MacKay and Walsh on the left and right flanks respectively, Chalmers, Trafford and Welsh in the middle with Polworth behind Oakley.

Looked like Ridgers lost the ball for the City equaliser dropping it at the feet of one of their players but they probably should have scored long before they did testing Ridgers with some decently struck long range efforts prior to that. Massively disappointing from us, particularly in the second half, where we completely took our foot off the pedal and paid the price. We're not good enough to get by on one goal and really should have gone for the jugular. City were barely a threat in the first half so it's concerning how we much let them back into the game and how poor again we were in an attacking sense. A performance that we really shouldn't be happy about and I'm sure Robertson and the players aren't happy either.

He was kind of an undercover journalist but that makes it sound more interesting than it is/was. I actually quite liked him and the wee fanzine he did was tremendous but he’s not come to a game for a couple of years now.

Hang on, he was doing some undercover reporting on Edinburgh City?! What?!

Archived