The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mental indeed and the guys from last season have proved a lot of people wrong along with some crucial additions.

The way you lot are going you might actually win the league comfortably which we couldn’t even do. The Bunnet and his team will be a good addition to the Championship but hopefully we won’t be here to see yous.

As for the game itself I’ve not seen anything to suggest Dundee Utd are any better than the side we beat earlier on this season. In fact I’d say they were worse. However this was a team unbeaten under Neilson and managed a win vs County so it’s an absolute massive win for us. I’d go so far to say it’s the biggest result we’ve had since McCall took over.

Obviously no surprise that bringing Moffat back would make a big difference and Shankland played brilliantly but I think Crawford playing as he did was the biggest positive for me. Didn’t stand out as much as he’s capable but he played some brilliant passes and broke up play a few times which isn’t really his game. I like Kerr but after watching that I don’t think I’d put him back in right now.

Can enjoy my weekend now without worrying about result but hopefully Alloa can take something from County tomorrow.

Don't forget Declan, the boy looked like a proper player tonight, wish he'd believe in himself more every week.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't forget Declan, the boy looked like a proper player tonight, wish he'd believe in himself more every week.

You could tell from the first few touches he was going to get a lot of joy from the Dundee right back.

His performance definitely warranted a goal but his confidence will shoot up after playing the way he did.

Well done wee Ayr: performance of the season by a mile. Said a couple of weeks ago I thought you'd finish third. Think I might have been wrong.
On the other hand, if Shankland is still an Ayr player in February, I'll lick the crest on a St Mirren tap. Just can't see how no one will pay the couple of hundred thousand it will take to sign a guy who will score goals as freely as thin Lawrence. A move to the top end of League One in England, for example, would be life-changing in terms of salary/signing-on fee. Enjoy him while you can.
Shanklands going nowhere for a few hundred thousand we will lose more in prize money, merch sales, bums on seats etc if he leaves. I think I speak for the majority of Ayr fans who would happily lose him for nothing at the end of the season and have a right good crack at wining this thing.

You could tell from the first few touches he was going to get a lot of joy from the Dundee right back.

His performance definitely warranted a goal but his confidence will shoot up after playing the way he did.

Hey cunto - it was the Dundee UNITED right back.

If only the Arabs could somehow get a decent manager like Ian McCall.

Like others I really hope Ayr go all the way. It would be magic to see them in the top league and I hope we’re still there too. Somerset Park, curry sauce and chips - epic.

Hey cunto - it was the Dundee UNITED right back.

If only the Arabs could somehow get a decent manager like Ian McCall.

Like others I really hope Ayr go all the way. It would be magic to see them in the top league and I hope we’re still there too. Somerset Park, curry sauce and chips - epic.

Ah sorry, we’ve beaten Dundee clubs so often this season they’re all one to me.

Thanks although if we do go up is there still a chance we’ll be playing you guys?

Just home.

I fucking love this team!

Probably my favourite away performance in the last 10 years. Everyone gave their all... Robbie was brilliant in the middle, Declan was back to his best and Sir Lawrence did his thing!

Onwards and upwards. We march on and I'm genuinely starting to believe we could achieve something really special with this team.

What a time to be an Ayr fan! :thumsup2

40 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
Well done wee Ayr: performance of the season by a mile. Said a couple of weeks ago I thought you'd finish third. Think I might have been wrong.
On the other hand, if Shankland is still an Ayr player in February, I'll lick the crest on a St Mirren tap. Just can't see how no one will pay the couple of hundred thousand it will take to sign a guy who will score goals as freely as thin Lawrence. A move to the top end of League One in England, for example, would be life-changing in terms of salary/signing-on fee. Enjoy him while you can.

Shanklands going nowhere for a few hundred thousand we will lose more in prize money, merch sales, bums on seats etc if he leaves. I think I speak for the majority of Ayr fans who would happily lose him for nothing at the end of the season and have a right good crack at wining this thing.

Of course you would, but that doesn't affect what will happen in any way. Don't believe they'd knock back £200k and don't believe Shankland would knock back someone putting 5 or 6 grand (or more) in his pocket every week. You can say he might get that in the summer, but why would he wait and take the risk of injury or loss of form? His agent will be telling him 'this is your moment' and he's right.

Wee McCall could do a lot of damage with anything like that money to spend on wages, so all would not be lost.

Anyway, well done on tonight's performance; hope you've broken them and we can capitalise next week.

Of course you would, but that doesn't affect what will happen in any way. Don't believe they'd knock back £200k and don't believe Shankland would knock back someone putting 5 or 6 grand (or more) in his pocket every week. You can say he might get that in the summer, but why would he wait and take the risk of injury or loss of form? His agent will be telling him 'this is your moment' and he's right.
Wee McCall could do a lot of damage with anything like that money to spend on wages, so all would not be lost.
Anyway, well done on tonight's performance; hope you've broken them and we can capitalise next week.

His agent is his dad as far as I know and helped McCall convince him to stay.

Guest Moomintroll
Shankland will be away in January, he will be the final piece in a League 1 Promotion chasing club or a roll of the dice for a club trying to avoid Relegation from the Championship. Either way you will get a decent transfer fee, Shankland will get a c1k pc pay rise and everyone will be happy except for the fans. FWIW I do hope A*r come up, would love derbies in the top league.

Every point you make is fair but by all acounts his dad is his agent, I honestly think the kid was at rock bottom when McCall and Ayr gave him a chance and he has turned it around and made himself outwith James Forrest probably the most talked about player in Scottish football this season loyalty is a underused word in the game but I think he's going to stay with us to the end of the season plus I think he's hoping for a move to Rangers personally I'd rather he went down south though.

Season 2018-2019
City of Dundee 0 Ayr United 10.
If this is some sort of dream, nobody better wake me up.

Living in this city is a beautiful things these days.

It's been an awful long time coming, but being an ayr united fan is finally paying off.

I can't fucking wait for Monday morning.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

37 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

"Wee Ayr" and "Wee McCall" - you Ayr boys going to let this condescending cunto away with chat like that?

"Wee Ayr" and "Wee McCall" - you Ayr boys going to let this condescending cunto away with chat like that?

It’s been going on for most of the season so we’re pretty used to it by now.

If we’re firing 5 goals past Dundee United and sitting top of the table then I’m not going to get annoyed by a Morton fan of all people.

23 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
42 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Every point you make is fair but by all acounts his dad is his agent, I honestly think the kid was at rock bottom when McCall and Ayr gave him a chance and he has turned it around and made himself outwith James Forrest probably the most talked about player in Scottish football this season loyalty is a underused word in the game but I think he's going to stay with us to the end of the season plus I think he's hoping for a move to Rangers personally I'd rather he went down south though.

I kinda hope you're right, but I doubt it. Life-changing contracts for professional footballers at this level must be very, very difficult to turn down (assuming somebody is willing to offer one, which looks more and more likely the more he keeps scoring).

Rangers* would obviously be a big move for him financially, but it's got that 'doomed to failure' look about it. A Barnsley or a Luton might be more likely. Sad but true.

Archived