The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

Beaten to it already by one or two other posters but "Welcome back, Robbie" - outstanding performance even if it was on an even par with quite a few others in the team (Rose, Smith, Murdoch, McDaid and just about all the rest, plus our valuable striker :rolleyes: of course. Crawford on that kind of form is what we all want to see every week - did the new haircut help, wee man?

Been an Ayr United fan for over 25 years now and I've rarely seen an AU team so up for it as we were last night (except  possibly when playing the soapdodgers). A big dollop of credit must surely go to McCall and his staff for that.

Glad I recorded it too - wish I could dub in the AU commentary team though.   

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

United improved by bringing Curran on, but too may players don't have the physicality or attitude to cut it.

Have been musing over the same thing, we were way behind Ayr in willingness to stick a boot in to win the ball and also to get into a position to do so. Also realised we've no on-field c***s in the squad, not one.

5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I didn't think we were terrible, perhaps a little flat and got progressively more rattled as the game went on but really it was all about what Ayr did last night.

This for me. I didn't think we were actually that bad as such, just Ayr were far more up for it.

Can't say I've a lot of time for them tbh

Got a bit fed up with them when they had a moan at not getting an interview with a new signing because we didn’t let them.

Although the guy interviewing McCall last night was good. First time someone asking the questions sounded upbeat.

Just about sobered up from Friday. What a performance from every single one of our players. Argueably our most complete performance since McCall took over. It was 5-0 going on 9/10. McDaid was unreal, Had their fullback on toast all game. Crawford was back to his best and Shankland was well...Shankland.

I went up to Tannadice fully expecting to lose on Friday night given Dundee United revival under RN and the fact we hadn’t  been great in recent weeks but we battered them from 1st minute to the last. 

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:01, 1nickydevlin said:

Hi pal xxxc

Fair play, Ayr were by far the best side we've faced in this league since we went down.

However for the following reasons we will still finish above you...

A) We won't play as badly as that again this season

B) You won't play as well as that again this season

C) We will strengthen in January

D) There's over half the season still to play

Archived