The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

"I want Robbie back in the middle, especially as Murdoch is still in there to do the dirty work. "

Yeah we're so good we can let other players do the dirty work!!  i.e tackle, head the ball, support the left back, so if we let him off with all these boring chores he can get back to adding to his 12 goals in 211 appearances !!!

Get it up you, Rab was class. 

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
Of course you would, but that doesn't affect what will happen in any way. Don't believe they'd knock back £200k and don't believe Shankland would knock back someone putting 5 or 6 grand (or more) in his pocket every week. You can say he might get that in the summer, but why would he wait and take the risk of injury or loss of form? His agent will be telling him 'this is your moment' and he's right.
Wee McCall could do a lot of damage with anything like that money to spend on wages, so all would not be lost.
Anyway, well done on tonight's performance; hope you've broken them and we can capitalise next week.

Every point you make is fair but by all acounts his dad is his agent, I honestly think the kid was at rock bottom when McCall and Ayr gave him a chance

After the season he had before that he was genuinely lucky to get a chance at Ayr United. Was expecting him to turn up for Cowden or Queens Park before disappearing into the juniors. Fair fucks to him (and McCall) for turning it round

8 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

"I want Robbie back in the middle, especially as Murdoch is still in there to do the dirty work. "

Yeah we're so good we can let other players do the dirty work!!  i.e tackle, head the ball, support the left back, so if we let him off with all these boring chores he can get back to adding to his 12 goals in 211 appearances !!!

Good shout

Well that was absolutely awful. No positives from last night and it all felt a bit Laszlo-y for my liking. Hopefully Neilson is kicking f**k out of players this week and we can get back on track against Morton next Saturday.

Ayr were excellent and if they maintain even 70% of that going forward then they will be confident of taking this all the way. They have another couple of massive tests over the next two games.

52 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue

Did you give your stash to Watson and Edgenguele before the match? Would explain alot.

That was so Laszlo-esque i expected to see him prancing about the dugout at one point. Thankfully i didnt.

We need a right back. Have done for 3 years. The fact that we missed Murdoch is criminal. Id even encourage Neilson to play there till we get someone in!

We need a new midfielder next to Fyvie. I like Stanton but he should never ever ever play deep like that. Get him further up the pitch or on the bench.

King. Jesus Christ. There really are no words. Next time he should just wear camouflage and lie down at the side of the pitch. Wouldnt get in the way at least. 

McMullan runs about but he truly is awful too. No skill, no end product and built like an anemic child.

Curran did ok when he came on but really isnt good enough.

Roll on January. The board need to back Neilson.  We're in this position because MM was also on the glue when he let Csaba give out 2 and 3 year deals.

6 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I kinda hope you're right, but I doubt it. Life-changing contracts for professional footballers at this level must be very, very difficult to turn down (assuming somebody is willing to offer one, which looks more and more likely the more he keeps scoring).

Rangers* would obviously be a big move for him financially, but it's got that 'doomed to failure' look about it. A Barnsley or a Luton might be more likely. Sad but true.

Swansea, Hull, Wigan and Sunderland have been linked with him so far. If he stays in January he will have his pick of clubs. If he leaves then, he might not. It will take a serious amount of money for the Board to sell him. Anyone bidding £200k will be politely told where to go.

It fair gets cold when you are getting ridden dry. 

Can only take your hat off to McCall for knowing that getting wide and in behind our defence will lead to chances and his players for executing that plan superbly. Hope you don't sell out on Shankland in January - it would have to be a huge offer to make it worth it. 

Archived