The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

FTFY

Thankfully Johnny, I'm old enough to have enjoyed some great times with United. 

And Jagfox. I'll sleep like a baby thanks.  At least we got our pumping out the way early.  You've still got yours to look forward to.

And Jagfox. I'll sleep like a baby thanks.  At least we got our pumping out the way early.  You've still got yours to look forward to.

That’s a comeback even Charlie Nicholas would be proud of.

9 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Unfunny and pointless.

So is the post, btw.

2 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Unfunny and 100% predictable.

And so is the post, btw.

What a strange chap! 

9 minutes ago, MacArab said:

That’s great. No tears on your pillow now!

57 minutes ago, MacArab said:

The space that Ayr created, and the number of times little flicks paid off and that someone was waiting in the right place to take advantage of a break of the ball was increadile. Equally this was a night that just nothing went for us. No complaints, these nights sometimes happen.

This was really apparent in the first half especially, every 2nd ball or deflection landed where an Ayr player was getting it, and nothing was falling our way going forward. No breaks. We improved on this in the second half by being on our toes more, but we were still shafted by a much hungrier team + Shankland.

I’m starting to believe Ayr might actually go all the way and, despite early jealousy at a fellow wee team doing better than us, I now really hope they do it.

Also, thread should be renamed “A Great Feeling Around Tananadice” and stickied forever.

36 minutes ago, MacArab said:

tenor (4).gif

Well done wee Ayr: performance of the season by a mile. Said a couple of weeks ago I thought you'd finish third. Think I might have been wrong.

On the other hand, if Shankland is still an Ayr player in February, I'll lick the crest on a St Mirren tap. Just can't see how no one will pay the couple of hundred thousand it will take to sign a guy who will score goals as freely as thin Lawrence. A move to the top end of League One in England, for example, would be life-changing in terms of salary/signing-on fee. Enjoy him while you can.

Mental how this Ayr team is basically last seasons and they're tearing it up in championship.

Mental indeed and the guys from last season have proved a lot of people wrong along with some crucial additions.

The way you lot are going you might actually win the league comfortably which we couldn’t even do. The Bunnet and his team will be a good addition to the Championship but hopefully we won’t be here to see yous.

As for the game itself I’ve not seen anything to suggest Dundee Utd are any better than the side we beat earlier on this season. In fact I’d say they were worse. However this was a team unbeaten under Neilson and managed a win vs County so it’s an absolute massive win for us. I’d go so far to say it’s the biggest result we’ve had since McCall took over.

Obviously no surprise that bringing Moffat back would make a big difference and Shankland played brilliantly but I think Crawford playing as he did was the biggest positive for me. Didn’t stand out as much as he’s capable but he played some brilliant passes and broke up play a few times which isn’t really his game. I like Kerr but after watching that I don’t think I’d put him back in right now.

Can enjoy my weekend now without worrying about result but hopefully Alloa can take something from County tomorrow.

Archived