The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

tbf, most of our players have went from boys to men since then

Or men to somewhat older men in one case.

I suppose the big question in German football right now is whether Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munich are the team big enough to serve as Ayr's opponents for Michael Moffat's testimonial.

On 23/11/2018 at 16:54, Pull My Strings said:

I'm expecting a hard fought but ultimately comfortable 3-1 here. Ayr have gone off the boil a bit and we're now an unstoppable machine. Safranko, Clark and Stanton with the goals. Some diddy for them.

Oooooft

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

He’d be the only thing that was big about United’s support with 15 minutes to go.

526B6815-9321-47C4-BB8E-4B756B9B5771.jpeg

Ah yes, big Brian Taylor. Wee shame for him*.

*Not a shame.

It's a good job Shankers and Moff didn't have their shooting boots on tonight.

Ended up babysitting, nobody can watch that game and think Shankland isn't going onto bigger and better things, good luck to him.

Wonder if Steely will allow Sanfranco to polish Lawrence' boots on Monday.

The main problem with Friday night football is that it can utterly f**k up your weekend before it has properly started......

I can’t be arsed reading through the thread, and getting words of wisdom from fannies like Jagfox & Co,who really should be worried about their own team’s issues, so if I am repeating points others have already made, apologies in advance.

Firstly, tonight Ayr were as good as we were bad; and we were fucking pathetic.

Every time Ayr came at us, they looked capable of scoring, and we were lucky to go in only 2 down at half time.

Mcdaid had Watson on toast, and no surprise that both goals in the firs half came from down the left.

Shankland is fucking lethal, and as others have said, Ayr will be hard pressed to keep him beyon Jan. That being said, we said the same thing about Morgan last year, and look what happened,

The space that Ayr created, and the number of times little flicks paid off and that someone was waiting in the right place to take advantage of a break of the ball was increadile. Equally this was a night that just nothing went for us. No complaints, these nights sometimes happen.

The fact that the cross for the first goal took enough of a little deflection to loop right onto Shanklands head was to set the tone of the night. Edge should have done better, but a good finish nonetheless.

Some Ayr fans have been mentioning this on other threads, looking forward to a game when someone had to come out and attack, and this we had to do from the off having lost such an early goal. They sat in and sucked up our possession and any pressure we put on, and broke like lightening whenever the opportunity presented itself, and you could clearly see how much their attack loved having empty space to run into. And they took full advantage.

As for us, I am only hoping that this was an off night, and we can come back out fighting again next week. Not one of our players deserves anything close to pass marks. I was encouraged by Rakovan’s performance when he came, on, and to be fair, he was left so badly exposed for all of the goals, there was not much he could do about it IMO.

Our defence was a fucking shambles, and I would assume that Frans will be back in for Edge next week, who reverted to type tonight sadly. We really need decent full backs as well, and putting Watson out their against Mcdaid was tantamount to cruelty. I’d love to have Ralston back.

As for the midfield and up front, the less said the better. We coud still be playing now and not have created any meaningful opportunity. Credit goes to Ayr’s organisation for this, but we really should be doing better.

All in all, hopefully this will be a grounding for the team, and they will learn from this. rehabs they have been reading too much into their own press. Depressed tonight but still optimistic that Robbie has turned things around, despite tonight’s clusterfuck.

Well done to the Honest Men who travelled up, I am sure that it was well worth the masterclass your team treated you to, and will make the long journey done the road much shorter i’d imagine.

ETA - Bollocks   :unsure:

Excellent performance tonight from every single player, we were comfortable on the ball and played some great flowing football throughout and created chance after chance. I don't think United were at their best (nothing like stating the obvious), however we never gave them a chance to settle and totally outplayed them from a footballing perspective.

I really thought we were a great watch tonight and showed our doubters that we really are a good side with good young footballers. Shankland was superb with Moffat back alongside him and McDaid had possibly his best game for us. Bell and Murdoch were as solid as ever, the fullbacks both excellent and the much maligned Robbie Crawford was outstanding back in the middle.

I also thought we would have missed Forrest and Kerr tonight but Christ was I wrong.

Just superb Ayr, absolutely superb...............

3 minutes ago, MacArab said:

The main problem with Friday night football is that it can utterly f**k up your weekend before it has properly started......

I can’t be arsed reading through the thread, and getting words of wisdom from fannies like Jagfox & Co,who really should be worried about their own team’s issues, so if I am repeating points others have already made, apologies in advance.

Firstly, tonight Ayr were as good as we were bad; and we were fucking pathetic.

Every time Ayr came at us, they looked capable of scoring, and we were lucky to go in only 2 down at half time.

Mcdaid had Watson on toast, and no surprise that both goals in the firs half came from down the left.

Shankland is fucking lethal, and as others have said, Ayr will be hard pressed to keep him beyon Jan. That being said, we said the same thing about Morgan last year, and look what happened,

The space that Ayr created, and the number of times little flicks paid off and that someone was waiting in the right place to take advantage of a break of the ball was increadile. Equally this was a night that just nothing went for us. No complaints, these nights sometimes happen.

The fact that the cross for the first goal took enough of a little deflection to loop right onto Shanklands head was to set the tone of the night. Edge should have done better, but a good finish nonetheless.

Some Ayr fans have been mentioning this on other threads, looking forward to a game when someone had to come out and attack, and this we had to do from the off having lost such an early goal. They sat in and sucked up our possession and any pressure we put on, and broke like lightening whenever the opportunity presented itself, and you could clearly see how much their attack loved having empty space to run into. And they took full advantage.

As for us, I am only hoping that this was an off night, and we can come back out fighting again next week. Not one of our players deserves anything close to pass marks. I was encouraged by Rakovan’s performance when he came, on, and to be fair, he was left so badly exposed for all of the goals, there was not much he could do about it IMO.

Our defence was a fucking shambles, and I would assume that Frans will be back in for Edge next week, who reverted to type tonight sadly. We really need decent full backs as well, and putting Watson out their against Mcdaid was tantamount to cruelty. I’d love to have Ralston back.

As for the midfield and up front, the less said the better. We coud still be playing now and not have created any meaningful opportunity. Credit goes to Ayr’s organisation for this, but we really should be doing better.

All in all, hopefully this will be a grounding for the team, and they will learn from this. rehabs they have been reading too much into their own press. Depressed tonight but still optimistic that Robbie has turned things around, despite tonight’s clusterfuck.

Well done to the Honest Men who travelled up, I am sure that it was well worth the masterclass your team treated you to, and will make the long journey done the road much shorter i’d imagine.

ETA - Bollocks   :unsure:

imgur_reaction.gif.a341bdf9fdf9ba9f37729fa6712b3921.gif

6A8D0C83-F2D6-4911-9036-40A59BCE5D9B.png.2aa48be4dc499f6bf8a970f25f6013f6.png

Archived