The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Just the game we need, a game where the other team will need to come out to try and win. Hopefully Shankland gets a bit more room than of late.

1-2

He'll hopefully get a bit more room with Moore not in his road and by playing in an advanced role alongside the Moff.

39 minutes ago, Dens83 said:
52 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
My point is yous would make more by dropping prices who is seriously going to pay £20 to go to it when you can watch it for free

I am

Yous and mes both.

Extremely worried about this game if I’m honest. Dundee United look the real deal with RN in charge and I fully expect them to go on and win the league with a bit to spare now while we have went off the boil in recent weeks. 

I would absoulotely bite your hand off for a point right now. 

Teamwise i’d go: 

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie 

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Geggan, Higgins, Adams, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Extremely worried about this game if I’m honest. Dundee United look the real deal with RN in charge and I fully expect them to go on and win the league with a bit to spare now while we have went off the boil in recent weeks. 

I would absoulotely bite your hand off for a point right now. 

Teamwise i’d go: 

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie 

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Geggan, Higgins, Adams, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie

Geggan will start, he always starts

I’d be inclined to start with McGuffie on the right and McDaid or Forrest on the left. McGuffie deserves a chance from the start, but I just don’t see McCall dropping Crawford. Big Robbie fan, but he’s just not being utilised properly and I think that is having a negative effect on his game. This is the team I think McCall will play:

Doohan

Smith Rose Bell Harvie

Geggan Kerr Murdoch Crawford 

Shankland Moffat

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Higgins, Docherty, McGuffie, Forrest, McDaid

That team will get beat because it offers nothing offensively.

17 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:

My point is yous would make more by dropping prices who is seriously going to pay £20 to go to it when you can watch it for free

I don't expect us to lower prices for a week on Friday against Inverness and having it on the TV certainly won't be stopping me from going.

Guest bernardblack
I don't expect us to lower prices for a week on Friday against Inverness and having it on the TV certainly won't be stopping me from going.

Price aside, will it just be pay at the gate for a neutral such as myself?

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Against Inverness at Somerset next Friday, Yes, a mere £17 for full paying adults, however looking at your team I'm guessing you're probably talking about Tannadice this Friday, to which, I don't know is the answer.

I'd imagine it will be though and hopefully a very good game as well !!!

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

You'll need to go to the ticket office at either the club shop or at the George Fox, don't think pay at the gate is a thing at Tannadice anymore

19 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

You'll need to go to the ticket office at either the club shop or at the George Fox, don't think pay at the gate is a thing at Tannadice anymore

I think that only applies to the George Fox and the Eddie Thompson. The away section (whichever stand they open) and the Jerry Kerr should both be pay at the gate.

Is says away fans will be in the shed and the lower tier, not sure how many we have said we'll bring up but i think that's being a bit optimistic, how many does the shed hold?

I would have thought we'll probably have about 500 up, probably lost a bit with it being the Friday night, would have probably been about 7/800 on a Saturday.

Archived