The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

18 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Draw written all over it

Get your Christmas money on it

It's certainly possible that Ayr might sneak a lucky draw as ICT did in the only game we've dropped points in since Robbie arrived but please don't bet your kids' Christmas presents on it. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's certainly possible that Ayr might sneak a lucky draw as ICT did in the only game we've dropped points in since Robbie arrived but please don't bet your kids' Christmas presents on it. 

The ICT game was the first time in a long time that I left a game thinking we were very unlucky not to get all 3 points.  

McCall keeps playing Crawford when he's been really poor for weeks and to be fair to the boy I think that's down to mccalls insistence to make him something he's not, a wide left player. To be fair to the boy I think he knows he's nota wide player either and it shows in his body language  by turning back time after time when he's on the ball. Well struggleif he keeps up with this nonsense, the boy mcguffie done really well when he replaced Crawford today but he's done that a lot, then when he gets his chance he doesn't take it.  We really missed Kerr and murdoch today .

Canny believe that hill in the beith ground as that's what it is must be about a 6-9 foot gradient from the bottom end.

McCall keeps playing Crawford when he's been really poor for weeks and to be fair to the boy I think that's down to mccalls insistence to make him something he's not, a wide left player. To be fair to the boy I think he knows he's nota wide player either and it shows in his body language  by turning back time after time when he's on the ball. Well struggleif he keeps up with this nonsense, the boy mcguffie done really well when he replaced Crawford today but he's done that a lot, then when he gets his chance he doesn't take it.  We really missed Kerr and murdoch today .
Canny believe that hill in the beith ground as that's what it is must be about a 6-9 foot gradient from the bottom end.

Kerr and Murdoch would’ve been pretty useless today. Beith tried battering us and we needed Bell and Geggan to combat that.

Psyched for this... driving up after work.

This is a huge test and will go a long way to determining whether we are in the shake up at the sharp end. 

As mentioned by others, I think Dundee United attacking us will give us opportunity to play on the break. Which in recent games we haven't been able to do as teams have been more passive against us. 

Should make for a great game. Now that I've said that expect a 0-0 snorefest. That said, I'd take a draw!

Your manager was at the Beith game yesterday. Not sure what he would have learned as we set up to cope with a different type of challenge from both opposition and pitch. Still does show his professionalism and attention to detail.

Not really sure what team we’ll put out for this. I think Crawford and Higgins will drop out and Kerr and Murdoch will come back in.

Doohan

Smith
Bell
Rose
Harvie

Geggan
Murdoch
Kerr
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

Subs; Hare-Reid, Adams, Higgins, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Forrest

23 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Your manager was at the Beith game yesterday. Not sure what he would have learned as we set up to cope with a different type of challenge from both opposition and pitch. Still does show his professionalism and attention to detail.

He's instructed the groundsman to raise the pitch at the Shed end by about 10 feet.

Would take a draw from this but want a win to prove my doubts wrong that these last two results are the beginning of an iffy spell where we won't pick up many points.

Will certainly need to play a LOT better than we have in a while, really since the last game against Dundee United at Somerset i would say we have been pretty bang average in all the other games. Expect some changes but nothing major, expect McCall to go with his dream of Geggan as a defensive minded right mid but i'm still not convinced it works, might work better in a game like this where we're probably going to have to sit back and soak up pressure. 

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie 

Geggan Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Adams, Ferguson, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Forrest

Leave the big farmer on the bench probably because he won't be up to speed yet from the injury and also to bring him on to stiffen up midfield with 15 minutes to go if we happen to be winning.

This game has almost turned into a six pointer and it would be massive if we could bring 3 points back down the road, think the away support numbers will be down since it's on Friday night and council TV, albeit Gaelic.

3-2 Ayr

Would take a draw from this but want a win to prove my doubts wrong that these last two results are the beginning of an iffy spell where we won't pick up many points.
Will certainly need to play a LOT better than we have in a while, really since the last game against Dundee United at Somerset i would say we have been pretty bang average in all the other games. Expect some changes but nothing major, expect McCall to go with his dream of Geggan as a defensive minded right mid but i'm still not convinced it works, might work better in a game like this where we're probably going to have to sit back and soak up pressure. 
Doohan 
Smith Rose Bell Harvie 
Geggan Kerr Murdoch McDaid
Moffat Shankland
Subs: Hare-Reid, Adams, Ferguson, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Forrest
Leave the big farmer on the bench probably because he won't be up to speed yet from the injury and also to bring him on to stiffen up midfield with 15 minutes to go if we happen to be winning.
This game has almost turned into a six pointer and it would be massive if we could bring 3 points back down the road, think the away support numbers will be down since it's on Friday night and council TV, albeit Gaelic.
3-2 Ayr

Really think if we play geggan right mid and Mcdaid left mid, it turns more in to 433 as Mcdaid only plays forward and offers nothing defensively. Don’t think that will work too well against Dundee

Robbie's best position is undoubtedly through the middle just behind the strikers, however we can't accommodate him in that role at the moment so would far rather see a midfield of Kerr, Murdoch, Forrest and probably Geggan for an extra bit of steel, with Moff in the hole and Shankland up top.

McDaid as an impact sub for me and McGuffie as the other attacking option coming from the bench.

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not really sure what team we’ll put out for this. I think Crawford and Higgins will drop out and Kerr and Murdoch will come back in.

Doohan

Smith
Bell
Rose
Harvie

Geggan
Murdoch
Kerr
McDaid

Moffat
Shankland

Subs; Hare-Reid, Adams, Higgins, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Forrest

If we can't beat this starting XI we'd be as well calling it a day...

However, we will...4-0 home win to go top of the league (for at least 17 hours).

Robbie's best position is undoubtedly through the middle just behind the strikers, however we can't accommodate him in that role at the moment so would far rather see a midfield of Kerr, Murdoch, Forrest and probably Geggan for an extra bit of steel, with Moff in the hole and Shankland up top.
McDaid as an impact sub for me and McGuffie as the other attacking option coming from the bench.
Absolutely this.

Geggan protects the full back so much more, allowing Smith to bomb on and support the attacks. I also would prefer Forrest on the other side, and mcdaid can come on if we need him.

Archived