The World Famous Dundee United vs Wee United (Fri 30 Nov 2018)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see.

I'm really looking forward to this.

I think playing away from home against a confident team is probably what we need after a couple of sticky home draws. We're very much the underdogs here - but that might suit us.

Come on ayr.

Hopefully Fyvie back for this; revert to McMullan, King and Aird behind Safranko; and Murdoch at RB instead of Watson.  Edge should certainly keep his place (didn’t think I’d be saying that when he got back in the team).

This is a great opportunity but will be a tough test for us.  When Neilson took over we were 8 points behind the league leaders, win this and we are level on points.

8 hours ago, banana said:

A four goal pumping sees TWF go top.

Ayr are on the fall now, can see us doing it.

But only for a day if Ross County beat Dunfermline this Saturday and then beat Alloa on the day after we play Ayr United. They won't do that to us though, will they?

Will they?

On 20/11/2018 at 22:47, pandarilla said:

We'll see.

I'm really looking forward to this.

I think playing away from home against a confident team is probably what we need after a couple of sticky home draws. We're very much the underdogs here - but that might suit us.

Come on ayr.

If we revert back to our best formation and best players then hopefully we should be fine.

Even though we've had our problems in the last couple of weeks, we've still looked solid enough and I certainly didn't see anything from United at Somerset to make me fearful of facing them, although they have obviously picked up since then.

2-2 draw wouldn't be a disaster...............

If we revert back to our best formation and best players then hopefully we should be fine.
Even though we've had our problems in the last couple of weeks, we've still looked solid enough and I certainly didn't see anything from United at Somerset to make me fearful of facing them, although they have obviously picked up since then.
2-2 draw wouldn't be a disaster...............
I honestly think playing a confident team will suit us. We're absolutely the underdogs here, and I think that'll help.

We've looked solid at the back recently, but not anywhere near as threatening, or dominant on the ball.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I honestly think playing a confident team will suit us. We're absolutely the underdogs here, and I think that'll help.

We've looked solid at the back recently, but not anywhere near as threatening, or dominant on the ball.

Yes, agree with that. The one thing that I did notice on Saturday was that quite a few of the natives were beginning to get rather restless out in the NT. 

I reckon that wee wullie and the sending off probably deflected lots of "boos" which would have been heading McCalls way and even some of the players way had we kept the 11 on the pitch.

Pretty pathetic as far as I'm concerned, considering the way we've been playing all season and also the results that we've had.

However, none so fickle as the football fan................

Yes, agree with that. The one thing that I did notice on Saturday was that quite a few of the natives were beginning to get rather restless out in the NT. 
I reckon that wee wullie and the sending off probably deflected lots of "boos" which would have been heading McCalls way and even some of the players way had we kept the 11 on the pitch.
Pretty pathetic as far as I'm concerned, considering the way we've been playing all season and also the results that we've had.
However, none so fickle as the football fan................
Aye we can't be booing something like that. I would say this team have enough credit in the bank to last a long spell of poor performances - but you're right, fans can be such arseholes.

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye we can't be booing something like that. I would say this team have enough credit in the bank to last a long spell of poor performances - but you're right, Ayr fans can be such arseholes.

FTFY. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm expecting a hard fought but ultimately comfortable 3-1 here. Ayr have gone off the boil a bit and we're now an unstoppable machine. Safranko, Clark and Stanton with the goals. Some diddy for them.

Yet another test of not only Robbie’s mettle, but that of our newly invigorated squad.

It must be tough for them just now tbf, thanks to the uphill struggle Csambles left them.

They can’t relax for a moment as,  if it is top of the table as per RC or the upcoming fixture, it is the stereotypical 6 pointer.

If we have Alloa or some pish like Falkirk or Thistle, nothing less than a convincing 3 points is acceptable.

I agree and think we will win this; the team that played in Ayr are a pale comparison to this one in terms of organisation, drive, and work ethic. The ability was always there.

If we can just keep this momentum I truly believe that come the New Year, there just might be the odd game that is not must win. That would be really nice.

It is just stunning that we have lots of defenders vying for places, currently, none of whom would look out of place,* and we can afford to rest vital players to fully allow them to recover from injury, rather than flinging them in at the first possible second in a desperate attempt to salvage the shattered remnants of our season.

I’m going 2-1 United, and I don’t give a f**k who scores, just as long as we get more than them.

Can’t wait.

* Assume Robson and Toshney are excluded from this point.

Archived