The Alex McLeish Appreciation Thread

Lex

Nottingham Forrest - 40 days, 

Genk - 10 months

Zamalek - 65 days

Time between leaving Zamalek and being appointed Scotland manager - 1 year and 9 months

I wonder if the SFA put the above to McLeish when they interviewed him for the role? I wonder if they even interviewed him.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/alex-mcleish-urges-scots-vote-1957846.amp

McLeish is a knock kneed bitch who thinks we shouldn't even be our own country.

Little surprise he shows no belief given he doesn't believe in Scotland itself.

He's a friend and public supporter of Willie Young hahahahahaha! That's outstanding.

Hold up, I've just had a chilling thought!

What if Alex McLeish is Keyser Soze-ing us all?! 

Imagine he gets punted, mumbles some pish in a few interviews, but then walks away and suddenly stands up straighter, has a good chuckle, and confidently strolls off, knowing he's done exactly what he wanted?!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Hold up, I've just had a chilling thought!

What if Alex McLeish is Keyser Soze-ing us all?! 

Imagine he gets punted, mumbles some pish in a few interviews, but then walks away and suddenly stands up straighter, has a good chuckle, and confidently strolls off, knowing he's done exactly what he wanted?!

I did think today that if you were fairly immune to public criticism then there's worse things than getting that kind of contract paid off.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I did think today that if you were fairly immune to public criticism then there's worse things than getting that kind of contract paid off.

I think we're on to something here

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Back to retirement, a wee bit of media work, EBT debts sorted, job done, thanks Alan old pal

This is almost certainly it.

Unfortunately this means we'll almost certainly be getting bumped off pretty soon.

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nottingham Forrest - 40 days, 

Genk - 10 months

Zamalek - 65 days

Time between leaving Zamalek and being appointed Scotland manager - 1 year and 9 months

I wonder if the SFA put the above to McLeish when they interviewed him for the role? I wonder if they even interviewed him.

I think the  Michael O'Neill debacle put off the other candidates in the shortlist of around 4 names. The SFA then turned to Walter Smith who told them where to go. It then seems Alan MacRae turned to old pal, since 1888, Alex McLeish.  The interview if any took place would have been a sham. Pretty ridiculous for a job worth 4-500k a year. 

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

It's for the greater good. The nation will thank us after we're gone.

I hope they build us a shrine

Just now, jagfox99 said:

I think the  Michael O'Neill debacle put off the other candidates in the shortlist of around 4 names. The SFA then turned to Walter Smith who told them where to go. It then seems Alan MacRae turned old pal, since 1888, Alex McLeish.  The interview if any took place would have been a sham. Pretty ridiculous for a job worth 4-5,00k a year. 

This is almost certainly what happened

Archived