Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

1 minute ago, Sandysafc said:

To be honest I havent heard a negative word from the sandys guys when they have been involved in the select. That wasnt my point. As you say everyone will have opinions and all i have done is voice my opinion. I know there were players who won trophies in your squad but in my opinion the players you didnt pick are of similar ability to the ones you did but with a much better winning mentality. However, there would always be some sort of criticism levelled at you..... even if you won it lol

It’s easy to say that after a defeat, if we won tonight I don’t think you say that so that’s the point I can’t win! Haha

Im a big boy as you know and can take it on the chins. The boys that have been playing are the boys that wanted to be there and done well when asked, in my opinion that’s the best way to go about it. We’ve obviously been beaten tonight but we will go again. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the mans first go at it so imo it'll take a couple of seasons ( if he wants ) to get his coaching philosophy over to these players, getting 11 boys on the park regardless of ability isn't enough to win you games, these players are unfamiliar with each other so hard to get a style to suit.

Ive played against teams he's managed and hes won stuff with some very average players but also had some outstanding players in they teams..... football is all about balance, getting a formation/ style of play to suit the players you have at your disposal!

Yes he'll get criticism for players left out, players he's picked etc but bottom line is they wont suit him or the how he wants to play and thats that.

Archived