Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh I think you should announce squads as it is a achievement they have even been selected for trials.

To show that you gave the opportunity to teams outside the premier because by chance that it’s only 16 players from the premier picked nobody would know, Bar people who go on this site what other teams where represented 

5 minutes ago, NickyRFC said:

Yeh I think you should announce squads as it is a achievement they have even been selected for trials.

To show that you gave the opportunity to teams outside the premier because by chance that it’s only 16 players from the premier picked nobody would know, Bar people who go on this site what other teams where represented 

It was more due to the number involved mate. 34 in total. I’m happy to post 

Liam Mccardle 

Ean Gilhooley 

John Robertson 

Gordon Ramsay 

Kevin Stewart 

Connor Spowart 

Andrew Kidd 

Dean Cunningham 

ALL SANDYS

Keiran Everden

Scott Millar 

Hamish Flett

Richie Wilkes

Stewart O’Neil 

Stewart Crozier

Sam Thomson

ALL TOLLCROSS 

David Livie 

Rees Allan

Willie Mitchell 

Paul Dunlop 

ALL SALVESEN

Matty Hunter

Eric Tshibangu

BOTH NEWCRAIGHALL VICS

David Swan

Paul McCracken 

BOTH CRAIGSHILL

Ryan Moore - ESV

Jason Cochrane - Linlithgow Thistle

Luke Leiper - North Merchiston Vale 

Dean Knight - Danderhall MW

Ryan Robertson- Lauriston Thistle

Scott Allan - Pentcaitland 

James Russell- Meadowbank 

Marc Mcgregor - Meadowbank 

Ally Kerr - Mill AFC 

Jordan Richardson- Barca Milton/ Ed East

Scott Walker - Fernieside 

1 hour ago, NickyRFC said:

It’s now on LEAFA website too 

7 minutes ago, Choco_1875 said:

Do you get along to watch any the Sunday teams in leafa , Edinburgh east / west side , royal Penicuik and wallyford seem to be decent sides as well , maybe a few hidden gems among those sides , think dean knight plays with Penicuik

Iv seen Edinburgh East and Westside but not the other 2. Only 2 Sunday teams put players forward to me to consider otherwise I’d have tried to get along on a Sunday if I’d been given the nod. 

Cant believe rees allan and willie mitchell have been selected. Im all for picking the best of the best but rees is obviously a favourite of yours having played for you previously. As far as willie mitchell goes every time i have seen him play he has been ripped a new arse hole. People go on about sandys conceding goals and their defence being poor but salvie have conceded a barrow load recently with them two at the back. You have a good squad Dinsey but those two are miles away

Also, does that mean the door is closed on other players? The reason i ask is because in my opinion there are better players out there than what you have selected. Its obviously down to you and your team to decide and its all about opinions but i can assure you from what i have seen this season i could name 5 or 6 guys from the top of my head who are far better than willie mitchell or rees allan. This might sound like a rant, and it kind of is, but i think you are making a mistake with them 2 boys. Without being disrespectful

20 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

Also, does that mean the door is closed on other players? The reason i ask is because in my opinion there are better players out there than what you have selected. Its obviously down to you and your team to decide and its all about opinions but i can assure you from what i have seen this season i could name 5 or 6 guys from the top of my head who are far better than willie mitchell or rees allan. This might sound like a rant, and it kind of is, but i think you are making a mistake with them 2 boys. Without being disrespectful

Yep you’re right mate, it’s all about opinions. In my opinion both are good players and have the chance to impress.  I obviously know Rees better than most, wouldn’t say a favourite over any other but he was outstanding for me and gets the chance along with the other 8 central defenders. 

You will always get this with select teams, everyone thinks they know better players not involved, Iv done it myself in the past so I don’t take any offence to it. Im more than happy with what we have to work with and buzzing to get going with the boys. 

6 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

So to answer my initial question. Does that mean the doors are closed on other boys? Im not being offensive i think im being honest. I think the bald cb and the boy who played with hearts both from danderhall are better. I think the boy cheesy from tollcross is better. I think josh laurie darren hainey and terry carlin from sandys are better and i think jayjay darling and tag moriarty from newcraighall are better. Thats just off the top of my head

I think the next 16 will come from the boys involved in the trial. I don’t take any offence at all, and I’m being honest when I think the boys you mentioned are definitely not better than the ones selected. And Iv seen them all in recent weeks. A couple of those came close though. 

1 minute ago, Dinsey said:

I think the next 16 will come from the boys involved in the trial. I don’t take any offence at all, and I’m being honest when I think the boys you mentioned are definitely not better than the ones selected. And Iv seen them all in recent weeks. A couple of those came close.

Its obviously all about the final 16 and good luck to the guys involved. However, if willie mitchell and rees allan are selected in your starting 11 they will need more than luck to stop your side conceding goals. I would like to see a reserve select side picked and a game between the 2. That would be interesting. 

I do think this is probably the most competitive group of guys available for a Leafa select that i can remember so you do have your work cut out. I just hope you dont close the door on other guys who stay fit and healthy through the winter period whilst others dont.

All the best

3 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

Its obviously all about the final 16 and good luck to the guys involved. However, if willie mitchell and rees allan are selected in your starting 11 they will need more than luck to stop your side conceding goals. I would like to see a reserve select side picked and a game between the 2. That would be interesting. 

I do think this is probably the most competitive group of guys available for a Leafa select that i can remember so you do have your work cut out. I just hope you dont close the door on other guys who stay fit and healthy through the winter period whilst others dont.

All the best

You’ll see a game picked between the 2 on Thursday if you come along 

So to answer my initial question. Does that mean the doors are closed on other boys? Im not being offensive i think im being honest. I think the bald cb and the boy who played with hearts both from danderhall are better. I think the boy cheesy from tollcross is better. I think josh laurie darren hainey and terry carlin from sandys are better and i think jayjay darling and tag moriarty from newcraighall are better. Thats just off the top of my head

David Dunn at danderhall must have been close , cracking centre half

2 hours ago, Choco_1875 said:

David Dunn at danderhall must have been close , cracking centre half

I seen David Dunn play for danderhall along side I think his names burley (but not sure) and both looked comfortable on the ball and won pretty much everything in the air when asked of them. As you’ve said before Dinsey if danderhall haven’t put players forward you’re limited to what you know. 

37 minutes ago, CFCboy92 said:

I seen David Dunn play for danderhall along side I think his names burley (but not sure) and both looked comfortable on the ball and won pretty much everything in the air when asked of them. As you’ve said before Dinsey if danderhall haven’t put players forward you’re limited to what you know. 

I asked my assistant to watch them when I was away and I watched them the following week because despite them not contacting me, I knew they had players worth looking at.  Although the guys came with good reputations, we felt others for the opposition impressed us and looked like they would fit the way I want to play. No doubt good players though. 

Another thing aswell is a lot of the guys I considered where similar types of player to each other so it was a case of trying to get a good mix. 

Nobody will ever agree with every choice when you do this but I’m more than comfortable with it. I had an initial list of over 60 that was reduced to 34 and then that needs to be halved again. 

1 hour ago, Dinsey said:

I asked my assistant to watch them when I was away and I watched them the following week because despite them not contacting me, I knew they had players worth looking at.  Although the guys came with good reputations, we felt others for the opposition impressed us and looked like they would fit the way I want to play. No doubt good players though. 

Another thing aswell is a lot of the guys I considered where similar types of player to each other so it was a case of trying to get a good mix. 

Nobody will ever agree with every choice when you do this but I’m more than comfortable with it. I had an initial list of over 60 that was reduced to 34 and then that needs to be halved again. 

Completely agree with you that you can only pick on what you see on the days that you turn up to watch the game. 

You’ll always have players that have potentially slipped through the net but with the squad depth for the select you’ll have a cracking 16 

Archived