Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

agree with quickoverayard that Jules should be considered for the select team. Guy is a great player, an athlete and very versatile. Played against him and Kiddo and no doubt they would be a great centre mid pairing.

Another guy from east Lothian that should be considered is the left back cheeky at pencaitland.  One of the hardest players I have played against the last couple of seasons. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 agree with quickoverayard that Jules should be considered for the select team. Guy is a great player, an athlete and very versatile. Played against him and Kiddo and no doubt they would be a great centre mid pairing.
Another guy from east Lothian that should be considered is the left back cheeky at pencaitland.  One of the hardest players I have played against the last couple of seasons. 
Is cheeky the guy with the beard? Think i seen him play LM. If its the same guy he's very good.

9 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
17 minutes ago, Trev said:

Is cheeky the guy with the beard? Think i seen him play LM. If its the same guy he's very good.

Yea that's him.

Very hard for a select manager with so many leagues in the leafa set up . No doubt there is lots of cracking players playing in the lower divisions that won't get a chance at the select due to the team's they play at . All the best to everyone involved . 

1 hour ago, Safc2017 said:

Very hard for a select manager with so many leagues in the leafa set up . No doubt there is lots of cracking players playing in the lower divisions that won't get a chance at the select due to the team's they play at . All the best to everyone involved . 

Quite the opposite, I’m keen to give these guys a chance if they’re brung to my attention. Already a couple I’m aware of. 

When St Bernard’s were coming through the leagues we had guys that should have been (and eventually did) get recognised so I know there are definitely gems to be found outside the top league. 

13 minutes ago, NickyRFC said:

Pencaitlin, Linglithgow Rose all have players who could easily step up divisions but chose loyalty. 

Pentciantland have put a couple forward, Iv not been contacted by anyone from Linlithgow Rose giving me a heads up on any their players yet.

4 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Can u only select from players put forward dinsey or can u approach and ask a player not been put forward ?

I can approach anyone that I want mate. There are obviously a lot of players Im already aware of and Iv spoken to a few teams I’m more familiar with who have said they won’t put specific players forward and just let me pick who I want. Other teams have brung players to my attention. 

The lower leagues and newer teams im relying on being put onto players as I may not be aware of them otherwise and they may slip the net. I’m taking in a couple lower league games this weekend to try and look at some but im obviously limited as to how many games I can see. 

Pencaitlin, Linglithgow Rose all have players who could easily step up divisions but chose loyalty. 
Pencaitland id say 3 max cheeky a young lad called sean and the left midfielder, seen them quite a bit and left sided boy is a hit or a miss. The seab lad plays middle of the park imo there is better players in his position but a good player.

2 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
1 hour ago, NickyRFC said:

Pencaitland id say 3 max cheeky a young lad called sean and the left midfielder, seen them quite a bit and left sided boy is a hit or a miss. The seab lad plays middle of the park imo there is better players in his position but a good player.

2 of those have been brung to my attention and also the right back. 

I can approach anyone that I want mate. There are obviously a lot of players Im already aware of and Iv spoken to a few teams I’m more familiar with who have said they won’t put specific players forward and just let me pick who I want. Other teams have brung players to my attention. 
The lower leagues and newer teams im relying on being put onto players as I may not be aware of them otherwise and they may slip the net. I’m taking in a couple lower league games this weekend to try and look at some but im obviously limited as to how many games I can see. 
Good on you. As I was saying on the Ayrshire select thread, the lower leagues have plenty of top quality players, nationwide.

7 minutes ago, CFCboy92 said:

When is the squad getting selected and who are the games the select will be facing? 

There is a trial match on 13th December il inform clubs of which players I’d like there a week before that 

Game v Vale of Leithen 10th January

There will be another game at the end of January before the interleague cup in February against SAFL or Stirling &District 

Archived