Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NickyRFC said:

“The boys mentioned above would walk into any team in LEAFA” 

That is some statement. 

It’s also not far off the mark. There wouldn’t be a team knocked back any of them. 

16 minutes ago, toogoodforthislevel said:

Appreciate that the squad are the players that have turned up etc but it’s not the best squad that could ve been assembled

Aye there are definitely players not involved that we  had hopes for when we first went in but it’s not worked out that way for various reasons which has opened the door for the boys that are selected and none of them have let us down when asked and we’ve assembled a good group of boys.

27 minutes ago, toogoodforthislevel said:

How many have played in your teams before ?

One from the original squad named, Matty played for me before.  Paul Dunlop came in on Friday to directly replace Mikey Hornig who withdrew through injury to make it 2. 

Ryan’s Robertson, Sean Lothian and Ryan Currie had never played for me before the select squad. They also played for the select squad before I was even at Lauri (AVU in Sean’s case) , which I think may be the point your looking to bring out?

36 minutes ago, The retro star said:

What’s happened tonight there taking a pumping 3/0 down with 20 to go  

Finished 4-0. 

Caley deservedly went in 1-0 at half time the better side. We started much the better side second half and missed 2 great  chances to equalise and it looked like it was coming, then we went down to 10 men about 10 mins into the second half and it’s absolutely killed us. They score not long after and it’s all over as a contest. 

4-0 is harsh but that’s football. Well done to the Caley team and all the best in the final. 

This might sound really harsh but i have to say it as i see things. I have kept my opinion on squad selection to a minimum but when you select a lot of guys who havent won a lot of trophies it begins to show. Its one thing being a good footballer and another thing being a winner. Mentality is massive at this level and if you dont inherit a winning mentality it takes years to create. Well done for giving it a go Dinsey

11 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

This might sound really harsh but i have to say it as i see things. I have kept my opinion on squad selection to a minimum but when you select a lot of guys who havent won a lot of trophies it begins to show. Its one thing being a good footballer and another thing being a winner. Mentality is massive at this level and if you dont inherit a winning mentality it takes years to create. Well done for giving it a go Dinsey

Backhanded compliment then aye :thumbsdown

11 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

The majority of that squad have won a lot of trophies in recent seasons be it Saturday/Sunday or both so whilst I get what you are saying, we had plenty of that in the squad. 

Plenty winners in that squad in my opinion tonight before the sending off we were well in the game and I’m sure all the Sandys boys will report back the same mate.

Whilst you can never say for sure how a game will pan out, we were really on top at that point and looked like we were going to score, red card kills our chances. 

With the select, il never please everyone but I like to think all the boys that have been involved have enjoyed it and we’ve stuck to what we said at the start about how we do things. Probably be a few quietly happy that we’ve been beaten but Iv put myself out there to be shot down and happy with what we’ve done, 

and will continue to do... 

I will make it however i like. A maggot like you wont tell me what to do. Besides, i think it is constructive criticism. Depends on what way you look at it. You being the pessimistic, trouble making sort I couldve guessed you would be first to respond.

2 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

The majority of that squad have won a lot of trophies in recent seasons be it Saturday/Sunday or both so whilst I get what you are saying, we had plenty of that in the squad. 

Plenty winners in that squad in my opinion tonight before the sending off we were well in the game and I’m sure all the Sandys boys will report back the same mate.

Whilst you can never say for sure how a game will pan out, we were really on top at that point and looked like we were going to score, red card kills our chances. 

With the select, il never please everyone but I like to think all the boys that have been involved have enjoyed it and we’ve stuck to what we said at the start about how we do things. Probably be a few quietly happy that we’ve been beaten but Iv put myself out there to be shot down and happy with what we’ve done, 

and will continue to do... 

To be honest I havent heard a negative word from the sandys guys when they have been involved in the select. That wasnt my point. As you say everyone will have opinions and all i have done is voice my opinion. I know there were players who won trophies in your squad but in my opinion the players you didnt pick are of similar ability to the ones you did but with a much better winning mentality. However, there would always be some sort of criticism levelled at you..... even if you won it lol

5 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

I will make it however i like. A maggot like you wont tell me what to do. Besides, i think it is constructive criticism. Depends on what way you look at it. You being the pessimistic, trouble making sort I couldve guessed you would be first to respond.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived