Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The retro star said:

Well done to the lads tonight some good individual performances, started the better team and dominated first half , second half was briallint to watch both had chances ,  pen save changed the game keeper class in the goals as per who’s the next round ? 

Delighted with the performance. Other than the first 20 mins of the second half where they put us under pressure and we really struggled to keep the ball, I thought we dominated the game. Boys have run themselves into the ground. 

Away to Caledonian league, likely middle of March. 

3 hours ago, MUAFC said:

Do u have contact number reference players keen to represent

We’ve already had a trial and 2 friendlies mate where we have sort of whittled it down to a pool of players. 

All clubs were invited to put players forward to me and I got along to a lot of games to see as many as possible. 

If you want to forward me any players and details of them, I will certainly take them into account should the opportunity arise. 

I will private mail you my details. 

Worthy winners in the end. Penalty save killed the tie imo. At 3/1 Stirling putting the pressure on header cleared off line and then the pen miss. Thought they two leafa centre half’s were very good swept everything up.

• 4 weeks later...

**Inter League Trophy Semi Final**

The LEAFA Select side face the Caledonian League Select side in the Semi Final of the Inter League Trophy on Tuesday 26 March at Huntershill Sports Hub, 35 Auchinairn Drive, Bishopbriggs, G64 1RU KO 8pm.

Manager Ryan Dinse has selected the following squad:

Scott Walker (Fernieside/Westside), Calum Jackson (Clermiston Vale), Andrew Kidd (Sandys), Dean Cunningham (Sandys), Ryan Currie (Lauriston Th), Matty Hunter (Lauriston Th), John Robertson (Sandys), Ryan Robertson (Lauriston Th), Paul McCracken (Craigshill Th), Marc Mcgregor (Meadowbank), Sean Lothian (Lauriston Th), Davy Gallagher (Meadowbank), Luke Leiper (North Merchiston Vale), Paul Dunlop (Salvesen FC), Scott Coleman (Salvesen FC), Hamish Flett (Tollcross Th).

Players to report to for 7:00pm.

The winners face Ayrshire AFA in the Final who last night beat Strathclyde Saturday Morning AFL 4-1 in the other Semi Final.

16 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

**Inter League Trophy Semi Final**

The LEAFA Select side face the Caledonian League Select side in the Semi Final of the Inter League Trophy on Tuesday 26 March at Huntershill Sports Hub, 35 Auchinairn Drive, Bishopbriggs, G64 1RU KO 8pm.

Manager Ryan Dinse has selected the following squad:

Scott Walker (Fernieside/Westside), Calum Jackson (Clermiston Vale), Andrew Kidd (Sandys), Dean Cunningham (Sandys), Ryan Currie (Lauriston Th), Matty Hunter (Lauriston Th), John Robertson (Sandys), Ryan Robertson (Lauriston Th), Paul McCracken (Craigshill Th), Marc Mcgregor (Meadowbank), Sean Lothian (Lauriston Th), Davy Gallagher (Meadowbank), Luke Leiper (North Merchiston Vale), Paul Dunlop (Salvesen FC), Scott Coleman (Salvesen FC), Hamish Flett (Tollcross Th).

Players to report to for 7:00pm.

The winners face Ayrshire AFA in the Final who last night beat Strathclyde Saturday Morning AFL 4-1 in the other Semi Final.

What no Manson in the squad :thumbsdown

Going by what’s been said on here about him the lads clearly a superstar :whistle

7 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Good strong squad again  is it am 8pm ko ?

Yes mate.

It would have been the same squad as last game but Mikey Hornig (injury) and Ryan Moore (holiday) miss the game.  Paul Dunlop and Ryan Currie who have both been involved in previous games, replace them. 

Hopefully we get through the weekend without too many issues 

50 minutes ago, NickyRFC said:

Shock, 4 lauriston Thistle players. Club most represented.  A club in division 3 

strange 

I wondered how long this would take. 

As most people know, in the last month or 2 Iv went in at Lauri to help with a view to taking over next year. Before I’d even gone in there or it was even a thought , Ryan Robertson and Ryan Currie along with Paul Dickson (who isn’t included here as he missed last game)   were all called into the squad.

Since then, Matty Hunter ( a Scotland cap last season) and Sean Lothian who again, were already in the select squad whilst at other teams, have joined us at Lauri. 

The boys mentioned above would walk into any team in LEAFA so if you’re suggesting bias then you’re far off the mark. The boys are all selected because they are very good players and they are guys who have done well through the whole select process so far.  

Ask anybody that’s watched the games or played in them, every player selected is on merit. 

Archived