Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

46 minutes ago, Seatonsands said:

Can only comment what was on show at select trial and livi was  far the best there and most I speak to say the same plus walker had a nuke. I don’t know the boy Griffiths ? Any good? Surprised to see no Craighill players there 

Just had a pm telling me that you are Livie posting about urself hahahahaha explains everything 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed Scott Walker is a great goalkeeper and has been for a number of years now, playing in a shocking Fernieside team as well. Aaron Griffiths you’re having me on he’s possibly one of the loosest cannons playing in a meadowbank that’s full of them as well. So as mentioned I agree with you on both points mate 
I played against meadowbank once and the team is full of absoulte creatures, all they do is try and bully and intimidate players who are better than them. The keeper is one of the players who quite frankly is just a wee ned. Imo you want players who will represent the association with not only footballing ability but with a positive attitude, respect for other players and officials..... the keeper from meadowbank shows zero of these qualities so could only bring the team into disrepute.

‘Quickoverayard’ All I see is you slagging Meadowbank 24/7. Do you have a weird obsession with them or did they beat your team that badly a few years ago that your still bitter? They’ve won 7 trophies and promotion in last 3 years. Got promoted first season in Saturday’s and now sitting top of the league in the championship so they obviously aren’t a bad squad maybe not elite level Saturdays but 100% a good team. 

Ask Scott walker and David livie yourself on abilitg they will tell you Aaron is a great goalkeeper.

I agree with coco Leafa that seems to be all quick over a yard talks about. Grow a set of stanes, I come from the West and have a good rivalry with Meadowbank. Good side with good players IMO

Can we get back to positivity instead of slagging each other off 24 hours a day. 

I called 3 Meadowbank players into the trial squad, 2 of them late call ups, and all 3 done brilliantly and gave me no bother at all. 

Some very good players too. I get they may have a bit of a reputation as a team lacking discipline but when I watched them I seen a team of boys that fought for each other and were a tight group. They have a wee bit of swagger about them and are loud on and off the park with riles people up but fair play to them,  they appear to be backing it up. 

I actually said to someone the other week they have a bit of a Sandys mentality in the way they go about their business which is a compliment. 

I called 3 Meadowbank players into the trial squad, 2 of them late call ups, and all 3 done brilliantly and gave me no bother at all. 
Some very good players too. I get they may have a bit of a reputation as a team lacking discipline but when I watched them I seen a team of boys that fought for each other and were a tight group. They have a wee bit of swagger about them and are loud on and off the park with riles people up but fair play to them,  they appear to be backing it up. 
I actually said to someone the other week they have a bit of a Sandys mentality in the way they go about their business which is a compliment. 
I get what youre saying mate, it's more so if you are getting the better of them thats when it starts. I have no problem with players having a bit about them but theres a line and ive seen the keeper cross it many times. They seem to be a bit like lochend when they were cutting about. Ive been pumped by many many teams its how they go about it, on the park antics should play a part IMO.

On 19/12/2018 at 23:20, Thekeeper said:

Just had a pm telling me that you are Livie posting about urself hahahahaha explains everything 

16 hours ago, Dinsey said:

James Russell, has always been class. Won the Sundays with him years ago with Dunalba and Paul Martin aswell seems to have come onto a game.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Safc2017 said:

Even with boys on holiday u have a very strong squad to choose from . Is there any competitions yous are in ? 

Aye the inter league trophy starts this month. We play the winners of SAFL v S&D AFA in February. 

We will have one more friendly at the end of January 

Squad for next Thursdays game.  

S Walker - Fernieside
E Tshibangu -Newcraighall Vics
D Dunn - Danderhall
C Jackson - Clermiston Vale
J Russell - Meadowbank
R Wilkes - Tollcross 
P Dunlop - Salvie 
M Mcgregor  - Meadowbank 
L Mccardle - Sandys 
S Crozier - Tollcross 
D Cunningham - Sandys 
R Moore - ESV
E Gilhooley - Sandys 
S O’Neil - Tollcross 
M Hornig - Tollcross 
J Robertson - Sandys 
R Robertson - Lauri Thistle 
L Leiper - North Merchi 
G Ramsay - Sandys

Good team with still a few good players missing but IMO if players are going to pull out all the time they don’t deserve to be in the squad. Hard work beats talent. 

Dunn and Russell two solid center backs and Newcraighall goalie looked very good. Looking forward to Thursday

8 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Squad for next Thursdays game.  

S Walker - Fernieside
E Tshibangu -Newcraighall Vics
D Dunn - Danderhall
C Jackson - Clermiston Vale
J Russell - Meadowbank
R Wilkes - Tollcross 
P Dunlop - Salvie 
M Mcgregor  - Meadowbank 
L Mccardle - Sandys 
S Crozier - Tollcross 
D Cunningham - Sandys 
R Moore - ESV
E Gilhooley - Sandys 
S O’Neil - Tollcross 
M Hornig - Tollcross 
J Robertson - Sandys 
R Robertson - Lauri Thistle 
L Leiper - North Merchi 
G Ramsay - Sandys

Disney is players in the team that dont get a game for there own team? Hard gig like so hope u win

Archived