Leafa select

ScottishBaggio

16 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

So to answer my initial question. Does that mean the doors are closed on other boys? Im not being offensive i think im being honest. I think the bald cb and the boy who played with hearts both from danderhall are better. I think the boy cheesy from tollcross is better. I think josh laurie darren hainey and terry carlin from sandys are better and i think jayjay darling and tag moriarty from newcraighall are better. Thats just off the top of my head

Jay jay and tag you have got to be at the wind up here, They are atleast 45 and 45 stone 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of the day there will be a load of talent missed but a lot of talent acquired aswell and with only 16 spaces it’s impossible to pick everyone so Ofcourse opinions matter and in this case only the Leafa select managers matters, No point picking old players who may have quality still but aren’t up to scratch with work rate. 

8 hours ago, CFCboy92 said:

I seen David Dunn play for danderhall along side I think his names burley (but not sure) and both looked comfortable on the ball and won pretty much everything in the air when asked of them. As you’ve said before Dinsey if danderhall haven’t put players forward you’re limited to what you know. 

He has now been added to tomorrow’s squad after an injury withdrawal. 

On 11/12/2018 at 22:18, Sandysafc said:

Also, does that mean the door is closed on other players? The reason i ask is because in my opinion there are better players out there than what you have selected. Its obviously down to you and your team to decide and its all about opinions but i can assure you from what i have seen this season i could name 5 or 6 guys from the top of my head who are far better than willie mitchell or rees allan. This might sound like a rant, and it kind of is, but i think you are making a mistake with them 2 boys. Without being disrespectful

Without being disrespectful but that’s why Dinse in the select team manager and noooooooooo you..:whistle

2 hours ago, puma king said:

Without being disrespectful but that’s why Dinse in the select team manager and noooooooooo you..:whistle

I think Dinsey would've expected people to have their opinion on who they think could be there over others. For what it's worth I wasn't being critical of Dinsey. Infact, I think his idea of a trial match and giving so many players from so many teams the oppertunity to show him what they can do is a great thing. I don't remember any previous manager doing that, so for that alone, he deserves credit.

5 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

Wonder if there will be any no shows the night with the Celtic game on !!

I expected a few call offs, but never expected the number I received from last night. However I added a few players and it’s been a blessing in disguise as some of the boys that come in were outstanding. 

Brilliant game and some real quality on show, delighted to see guys wanting to be there and taking their chance. 

We still had 29 players there tonight.  

I went and watch  the trail game last night and was highly impressed with the standard - Stand outs for me were kiddo, dean Cunningham , big goalkeeper from salvie and the young laddie from Lauriston 

The young laddie Doodey from Lauriston destroyed us a couple of weeks ago. Really good wee player.

For anyone interested, below is the teams from the boys that came. 

Reds: Scott Walker (Fernieside/Westside), David Livie (Salvesen), Michael Doctor (Meadowbank/Edinburgh East)), Richie Wilkes, (Tollcross Th), James Russell (Meadowbank), Stephen Anderson (Sandys), Dean Cunningham (Sandys), Ryan Moore (Edin South Vics), Paul Dunlop (Salvesen), Ean Gilhooley (Sandys), Matty Hunter ( New’hall Leith Vics), Keiran Everden (Tollcross Th), Mikey Hornig (Tollcross Th), Ryan Robertson (Lauriston Th) 

Blues: Eric Tshibangu (New’hall Leith Vics), Jordan Richardson (Barca Milton 97/Edinburgh East), David Dunn (Danderhall Miners), Andrew Kidd (Sandys), Calum Jackson (Clermiston Vale), Marc McGregor (Meadowbank), John Robertson (Sandys), Darren Linton (Tollcross Th), Liam McCardle (Sandys/Edinburgh East)), Stewart O’Neill (Tollcross Th), Gordon Ramsay (Sandys), Luke Leiper (North Merchiston Vale), Stewart Crozier (Tollcross Th), Brodie McKenzie (AVU), Dylan Tait (AVU)

Scorers:

Reds: Ryan Robertson, Mikey Hornig, Ryan Moore, Dean Cunningham

Blues: Gordon Ramsay (2), Luke Leiper

To be honest you're never going to keep everyone happy, its what you look for in a player that devides people. As ive stated before i do not rate Sandys and the back nor do i rate Salvy at the back. Theres a lad that plays for lithgae thistle plays number 4 hes a player, comfortable on the ball, good in the air, keeps forwards infront of him and steps forward and plays. Lad for danderhall too that plays centre half is also very very good. Take it cheeky never turned up?

9 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

To be honest you're never going to keep everyone happy, its what you look for in a player that devides people. As ive stated before i do not rate Sandys and the back nor do i rate Salvy at the back. Theres a lad that plays for lithgae thistle plays number 4 hes a player, comfortable on the ball, good in the air, keeps forwards infront of him and steps forward and plays. Lad for danderhall too that plays centre half is also very very good. Take it cheeky never turned up?

There is a lot of good players in the leagues here but as you’ve said it all depends on what you’re looking for in that certain position. The couple of centre backs at danderhall have been comfortable when I’ve seen them, the boy Davie Dunn got picked but not the other one. Looking forward to seeing the 16 that’s eventually picked for the games 

Archived