Fundraising for Project Trust

1 hour ago, Heart of Northern said:

Her heart does seem set on there. She has the support of the trust and members so hopefully it'll help her but it's a difficult one but she can only try.
I'm delighted for her as hard as it'll be for me I want her to go.
I have friend's and acquaintances with connections in Malawi and heard good things about it so relatively reasurred about that.
As much as I can be I suppose.

Good on for having the gumption, you won't recognise her when she gets back.

You might lose her to the world for a while after, mind! :lol:

My daughter has been selected by Project Trust to go to Malawi for a year.
She has to raise £6K [emoji32] towards it.
Thought I'd see if any other P@B had had to do similar.

Had a mate do something similar years ago. He done typical fundraising things, race nights etc. Could also look at challenges mentioned, sky diving or what not. Not sure where you stay or how involved you are with the local community but I know my mate got a fair bit support from there, local shops and pubs putting in a bit and having collection buckets. If you can get any sort of fundraising event set up, see if a local paper or newsletter will get on board. If she’s still at school or at college see if they can help at all. Off the top of my head, poet of the macabre got a lot of donations from clubs for the last man standing. Local business’, football clubs etc. might be willing to donate stuff to get raffled. Might all be small stuff but it’ll soon start stacking up. And her old man will surely be footing the bill anyway [emoji4]

Archived