Driving lessons

Ylf

14 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

No you didn't.

As we're heading into Pantomime season I'll say Oh Yes I Did  - I said  "Passed 1st time second time around" which is true.   A spectacular piece of taking something out of context - well played!  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, throbber said:

It was back in 2004 when drink driving and infidelity were largely accepted as part of every day life. Nowadays people would be writing all sorts of negative comments on Facebook and deliberately attempting to put poor guy out of business for this sort of behaviour.

I don't think drink driving was largely accepted in 2004. Drink driving has been frowned upon for a long time.

17 hours ago, throbber said:

My driving instructor would often smell of booze and would always be texting the woman he was having an affair with thinking I didn’t notice. Some man.

You saw the texts on your mum's phone when you got home?

• 1 month later...
On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:01, Jacksgranda said:

I've been a passenger with him a couple of times and he is a canny driver, but I'd rather that than have him roaring round the roads, especially where he lives.

I was out with him again the day - he's certainly gaining in confidence, rattled into town at a fair rate of knots, exceeding his restricted speed limit :o, zipped across roundabouts despite traffic coming from the right - "I'd plenty of time, I noticed what speed they were doing" - which was correct but if he had been clipped it would have been his fault. (Although I suppose his sister and I could have both told lies and said the other car wasn't indicating...).

8 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

30 per hour x 40 = £1200 per week - petrol = £1050  

It's not well paid but its reasonably paid to be a driving instructor.  

I know you’re PB and you’re trolling but it’s probably more like £25*35, less petrol, sky-high insurance, car maintenance etc.

My driving instructor was great, he very publicly left his wife for one of his students, think she was about 25 years younger than him. Spent about 90% of lessons talking about birds and generally was a massive creep, no idea how he wasn't given some sort of court order banning him from instructing.

He doesn't teach people how to drive anymore.

3 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

My driving instructor was great, he very publicly left his wife for one of his students, think she was about 25 years younger than him. Spent about 90% of lessons talking about birds and generally was a massive creep, no idea how he wasn't given some sort of court order banning him from instructing.

He doesn't teach people how to drive anymore.

What does he teach them now?

1 hour ago, Moses Supposes said:

Is this a serious question?

Absolutely.    I think my ex-neighbour paid about £200 per annum insurance as an instructor.    They're perceived as a non-insurance risk because they've clean licences and will conform with the rules of the road.    I think he had about 27 years no claims 

53 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Absolutely.    I think my ex-neighbour paid about £200 per annum insurance as an instructor.    They're perceived as a non-insurance risk because they've clean licences and will conform with the rules of the road.    I think he had about 27 years no claims 

If a driving instructor is using his or her own car the premiums will be high because of the extended use of the vehicle by non-qualified drivers. 

6 minutes ago, Moses Supposes said:

Are you saying the premiums will be low because non-qualified drivers are using the car?

I'm saving driving instructors make fewer claims against insurance than the average driver, hence premiums are lower.     Remember they have dual controls.  

Archived