Queen’s Park v Raith Rovers - Scottish Cup Round 3

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Joe coconuts said:

Don't think Raith will set the heather on fire against any team who are full time

Don't think that Queens outfit will set anything on fire against anyone.

Was over from Ireand for this game. Such a fab  pavillion at Lesser Hampden. Nice pints too. I thought the 3 nil result flattered Rovers. I was impessed with both QP centre backs . I also thought the centre midfield pair did well. Was impressed by young East in the first half but he wasn't in it 2nd half. Queens created a few great chances and deserved a goal but overall the more experienced team won. No reason why Queens can't get into the promotion shake up. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Don't think that Queens outfit will set anything on fire against anyone.

Obviously touched a raw nerve? [emoji23]John McGlynn post match ‘Queen’s you can see they’re a good side they’ll do well the rest of the season I’ve no doubt about that’
tbh impressed by Rovers especially going forward and refreshing to see a team playing the ball out from the back in massive contrast to the Nomad(s)ball we witnessed last Friday
A bit risky at times tho - thought QP pressed well in first half and overall a bit unlucky not to score
Upwards and onwards to Central Park on Tues night hope we don’t miss Dom McLaren too much, good move to give Lewis Magee some game time...

7 hours ago, acrossthesea said:

Was over from Ireand for this game. Such a fab  pavillion at Lesser Hampden. Nice pints too. I thought the 3 nil result flattered Rovers. I was impessed with both QP centre backs . I also thought the centre midfield pair did well. Was impressed by young East in the first half but he wasn't in it 2nd half. Queens created a few great chances and deserved a goal but overall the more experienced team won. No reason why Queens can't get into the promotion shake up. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Yes Queens created one or two chances but we could have scored a few more than the 3 we did

Sad to say Summers, who's had a cracking season so far, was woefully out of position on all 3 goals, especially the first two. Although I'm unsure whether it's his choice to keep playing within the penalty box or if it's a QP coaching thing. For as long as I can think back now both full backs tend to take up a line on the outside of the penalty box and for any team capable of keeping a wide player on the touch line that's far too much room to give a useful ball player time to get a cross in.  Also don't understand why he would clearly channel a right-footed player to go to the line and use his right foot. That said, very well placed and paced crosses wonderfully executed. 

Looking forward to Tuesday. A win by two goals and we're in the top four.

13 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Obviously touched a raw nerve? emoji23.pngJohn McGlynn post match ‘Queen’s you can see they’re a good side they’ll do well the rest of the season I’ve no doubt about that’
tbh impressed by Rovers especially going forward and refreshing to see a team playing the ball out from the back in massive contrast to the Nomad(s)ball we witnessed last Friday
A bit risky at times tho - thought QP pressed well in first half and overall a bit unlucky not to score
Upwards and onwards to Central Park on Tues night hope we don’t miss Dom McLaren too much, good move to give Lewis Magee some game time...

21 hours ago, an86 said:

Top banter. 

Oh aye, I can see that Queens are fairly tearing up that league 2.

6 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

10 points from our last 4 league games isn't too bad to be fair. Takes a decent side these days to give us a going over so maybe you should take that as a compliment

12 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

If you're going to do trolling, at least make it funny. Otherwise, this just becomes a tedious exercise for everyone involved. 

I thought Queens looked alright actually and gave us a couple of frights. 
The scoreline was more reflective of some very good attacking play by us rather than anything Queens Park did badly. 
It reminded me of the first game last season at Hampden where we won the v most even 5-0 win I've ever seen. Everything we had seemed to go right in each of the attacks for us. I don't think we have had any complaints had we concede, and the same could be said for Queens had we scored more.

Archived