Queen’s Park v Raith Rovers - Scottish Cup Round 3

Hank Scorpio

A week away from league business but a game which is certainly of no less importance. A good cup run this year would probably allow us to strengthen again in January which is looking pretty imperative if we want to stand a chance of catching Arbroath after the festive period. I always enjoy a trip to Hampden, good opportunity to make a day of it and have a few beers in Glasgow before.

Would imagine Wedderburn would come back in to the starting 11 ahead of Watson and Crane will return to left back. McGlynn seemed pretty upbeat about the progress of Gillespie, who he thinks is a few weeks ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation, and Duggan so we’ll maybe seen them make an appearance from the bench.

I watched the QP game on Alba on Friday night and I’d like to think that we’ll have enough over the 90 to put them away, especially with us getting a morale boosting win at Stenhousemuir yesterday. Constantly losing goals in games is becoming an issue, however. Maybe a good chance to give McKay some game time, especially with our terrible clean sheet record? I don’t think Benedictus and Davidson are doing anything terribly wrong but clearly something isn’t quite right.

Looking forward to getting the train through along with a good day out and hopefully progression into the 4th round.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the real stuff after our defeat in the Tinpot International Invitational Reserve Cup. Another free hit. Raith will be expecting to win this and all the pressure will be on them to do so.

If we can play to our potential, we can cause them a few problems. If we do that and they have an off day, who knows? Conversely, if they turn up and play to their potential they’ll probably win comfortably.

Got to be a case of more of the same from recent weeks. Just go and play our game, try and put in a performance and see where it takes us. 

We really do need a wee Cup run here to get the extra coin in for players in January.

Can’t see much change to the team from Saturday there, Wedderburn back in midfield, and Crane back to LB, that’s about it. I would however give Watson a game at RB over Murray and potentially give Davo or Bene a rest and give McKay a game.

It would be good to get a wee cup run again or at least get a draw that could see us earn some cash.

My one and only previous trip to see us play Queens Park was the Scottish Cup defeat when Dalziel was in charge. As a result, this fixture gives me the fear. Hopefully we can get through it.

It would be good to get a wee cup run again or at least get a draw that could see us earn some cash.

My one and only previous trip to see us play Queens Park was the Scottish Cup defeat when Dalziel was in charge. As a result, this fixture gives me the fear. Hopefully we can get through it.

Lets hope you’re staying away on Saturday then. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Looked that up first myself but wasn’t sure which side of Hampden it took it from. Pretty confident we should make it, barring any daft extra time.

23. Drawn or Unplayed Ties, excluding Semi-Finals and Final Ties
(a) When a first match in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two
or Round Three is drawn, or is not played on or before the original date, the drawn or
unplayed match shall be replayed or played on the Saturday following the first match
or the date fixed therefor, or in the second midweek following the original match date,
unless the two clubs, the relevant authorities and the Scottish FA are all agreeable
that the match be played on an earlier date.
The drawn or unplayed match shall take place on a day to be mutually agreed by the
two clubs, other than Thursday or Friday.
(b) In subsequent Rounds, the drawn or unplayed match shall be replayed or played in
the second midweek following the first match or the date fixed therefor, on a day other
than Thursday or Friday, unless the two clubs, the relevant authorities and the
Scottish FA are all agreeable that the match be played on an earlier date.

Train from Mount Florida back to Central is 1716. Is that manageable from the side of Hampden we’ll be in?

Aye it’s probably not even the 10mins walk as the map says, I remember having time to go in to the wee Sainsbury’s or Tesco for beers for the train back the last time (when Furtardo banged that rasper)

Guys, as a local, its 5 mins to the station. You should have no problem, there's also a train at least every 15 mins to central. On the game, till the last cup game against that welsh mob we'd been playing some decent stuff, this will be a step up but just hope we can compete with you.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 00:53, Hank Scorpio said:

My edit just a fraction too late emoji23.png

Turnstiles 106-109 leading to the west concourse. Raith Rovers support will be housed in section P.

http://www.raithrovers.net/37466/match-preview-queens-park-away-2.htm

standing Seating Plan at Hampden Park

Archived