Arbroath V Stranraer (Scottish Cup)

lichtie1320

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

this defeat could affect dc’s budget come January a good draw would of made a big difference to get players in

We made that mistake , of relying on cup money , and got horsed out early doors by a highland league outfit ( Brora , nothing good from there since the distillery shut) and had to hold a fire sale and are still reeling from it a season later 

trip to firhill , hmmm room for a shock ,

We made that mistake , of relying on cup money , and got horsed out early doors by a highland league outfit ( Brora , nothing good from there since the distillery shut) and had to hold a fire sale and are still reeling from it a season later 

Just to make it clear, we have definitely not done this. That was madness from Stranraer, good luck to you in next round though.

10 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Couple of points here:

Clynelish make some excellent whiskies and the last time I was there it was in Brora.

To say that Stranraer made up their budget at the start of last season thinking they would get a money spinning tie in the cup is revisionist pish.

Good if unexpected result yesterday, rubbish draw though. 

We made that mistake , of relying on cup money

TBH, never felt the story was credible. We would have won an extra £6k if we’d beaten Brora, and a 10-15% chance of a money-spinning draw. The year-on-year reduction in income was much greater. Unless we had budgeted for a semifinal or even final appearance...

Couple of points here:
Clynelish make some excellent whiskies and the last time I was there it was in Brora.
To say that Stranraer made up their budget at the start of last season thinking they would get a money spinning tie in the cup is revisionist pish.
Good if unexpected result yesterday, rubbish draw though. 
Clynelish used to occupy the distillery that is now shut before they built a new one next door. The original turned into Brora distillery from what I've been told and then shut. Diagio is planning to reopen it so there will soon be 2 distilleries in Brora. Not much else mind.

Fortunately I couldn't be at the match yesterday but from the highlights we played well but didn't score. Those days happen sometimes. Thought Denholms miss wasn't as bad as was being made out as I'm not sure he was fully set for the rebound after the original save. Still a bad one though. Plenty of other chances a begging but back to the league next week with only one focus left for the season.

Archived