Starting XI v Israel

Guest SPLOOGESTAIN

I would say change Paterson but with who? Since we apparently can't find a single decent right-back out of over 5 million people (I'm a right-back, just putting that out there).

Other than that, I don't see a reason to change anything from the other night.

It should and most likely will be the same 11 that pumped Albania, no reason to change it. I'm confident we'll take care of business at Hampden, it'll be a frustrating night, they'll sit in and defend for their lives, praying for an early goal, cmon lads!!!

Got to be the same starting XI. No need to change it. We need to utilise Fraser and Forrest to try and break Israel down, who will come looking for a draw and hit us on the break.

Key that we don’t start getting frustrated and punting needless balls into the box. That will play into their hands.

11 hours ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

I would say change Paterson but with who? Since we apparently can't find a single decent right-back out of over 5 million people (I'm a right-back, just putting that out there).

Other than that, I don't see a reason to change anything from the other night.

Paterson is all I would consider changing for this game too but as you say there's nobody to replace him with. Has to be same again in that case. 

Dabbur will be a much bigger test for Bates and McKenna than anything Albania had to offer so they'll need to be switched on. I know Zahavi missed their last game against us, not sure if he's fit for this one? 

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Key that we don’t start getting frustrated and punting needless balls into the box. That will play into their hands.

The best way to score goals is to get the ball into the opposition’s box. The more often you do it, the more chances to score you will have.

I’m therefore a bit perplexed why you think that getting the ball into the opposition’s box would either be needless or playing into their hands.

NOT getting the ball into the box would be needless and playing into their hands IMO.

The best way to score goals is to get the ball into the opposition’s box. The more often you do it, the more chances to score you will have.
I’m therefore a bit perplexed why you think that getting the ball into the opposition’s box would either be needless or playing into their hands.
NOT getting the ball into the box would be needless and playing into their hands IMO.

Pep Guardiola called. He said he read your post and then he just started crying.

I would have thought that the best thing to do would be to persuade Alan Hutton to come out of retirement for this game to help us out.

So we replace one Right-Back who can't defend with another one who can't defend, is that what you're saying???

5 hours ago, GordonS said:
7 hours ago, Iabella Duke said:

Pep Guardiola called. He said he read your post and then he just started crying.

Pep Guardiola tells his players to try and score goals by keeping the ball out of the opposition’s penalty box?

:1eye

Posts like yours always amuse me

1 minute ago, Iabella Duke said:

Alex McLeish called. He doesn’t have Man City players at his disposal, said he read your post then he just started crying.

It's really sad that you think it makes a difference. If anything, having less able players makes it even more important that passes in forward areas are good quality, not rushed, and coming in from good positions. You only need a couple of good chances to win a game of football. Poor chances are worthless, the era of "put it in the mixer" is over.

Thankfully, in Ryan Fraser and Andy Robertson we have two players who can get deep and then deliver quality from wide areas. But if you're thinking of lumping long balls to James Forrest and Ryan Christie... :blink:

Archived