Rangers vs Livingston 24th November

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

These streams must have been unbelievably blurry. Rangers should have been out of sight by Half Time. It was a combination of desperate last ditch defending , good GoalKeeping and poor finishing that kept Livi in a game where they just couldn’t get a hold of the ball.

Regarding the Livi penalty claim in the first half. Looked like Middleton was going to clear it and Livi player nipped in ahead of him...Middleton pulled out of challenge and Livi player threw himself to the ground expecting to be hit. IF Middleton had caught him it could have been a penalty 

No idea what the claims are regarding the one in second half.. other end of the pitch.

There was a clear foul on Lafferty as he ran through on goal. Would have to see it again if it was in the box or not but Referee bottled it and gave nothing!

I thought the referee was unbelievably poor!! Booked Arfield for high feet then minutes later gives a foul against a Livi player for exactly the same thing but no booking. He gave free kicks for both teams that were just ridiculous 

Forgot about the blatant push on Middleton in the box where he gave a corner. Would have been soft / daft penalty but if you push a player in the box as he goes past you it’s a penalty 

Livi looked decent for about 15 -20 minutes at the start of the second half but never created much. McAuley and Goldson were both solid in the air 

Morelos is a class above anything else in the league. I would have taken the money last season but thank God we didn’t .. he’s going to be an exceptional player as he gains experience and he ll play st the very top of the game 

2nd half claim was a stonewaller, seems like we were denied two clear penalties. 

Was never a penalty, shoulder to shoulder and Middleton runs into him, if that was a pen then we were due 20 :D 

I've yet to really see him be this exceptional player everyone talks about, whenever he plays against us all he seems to be able to do is finish somewhat competently and not much else. He's done okay against other teams but against defenders who take a physical approach on him always seem to get him

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

2nd half claim was a stonewaller, seems like we were denied two clear penalties. 

Was never a penalty, shoulder to shoulder and Middleton runs into him, if that was a pen then we were due 20 :D 

I've yet to really see him be this exceptional player everyone talks about, whenever he plays against us all he seems to be able to do is finish somewhat competently and not much else. He's done okay against other teams but against defenders who take a physical approach on him always seem to get him

It wasn’t shoulder to shoulder. It was a straight arm push .. soft but a penalty

What about the Lafferty foul / penalty?

Morelos came on and scored one , set up one and ran your cloggers ragged 

7 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Really proud of our efforts today, first 25 minutes was all Rangers and the goal was coming, although frustrating it came from a corner and a free header. 

After that though we were excellent, created chances and were a bit unlucky not to score. 

3-0 flattered to deceive a little bit, infact it’s a tad frustrating as it wasn’t a 3-0 game but Rangers took their chances and fair play to them for that.

McGregor timewasting going into the last 15 and then having to bring on Morelos I think tells a story of how the game was going. 

For us I though Lawson was excellent in the midfield and was Gallagher who got up and down the wing brilliantly. 

Cant wait until Hardie, Miller are back, we are sorely missing an out and out striker, they could’ve made the difference for us today. 

Results frustratingly went against us elsewhere but we just have to look after ourselves. 

Proud to support my wee team again today, who gave everything against a team spending millions. 

Dec was our best player today. Don’t think Lawson was good at all. Lost ball far to easy for 3rd goal and tries hard ball to much. Thought the lads done well was never a 3-0 game 

Please stop this utter nonsense about ‘it was never a 3-0 game’ 

It absolutely was and the stats show it was every bit as easy as the score line suggests

60 % possession , 18 shots , 6 shots on target , 7 blocked shots, 3 goals

Livi had two weak efforts on target that were routine saves for McGregor and other than that nothing but high balls easily dealt with by Goldson and McAuley with no plan B. Throwing long hopeful throw ins into the box time after time means nothing. 

Dont get me wrong I was impressed with Kelly and your last ditch defending.. I can see how it works and with somebody upfront you ll cause teams trouble but yesterday it didn’t work. 

I just call it as I see it. Livi were well worth their victory earlier in the season when , if anything, the score line flattered a piss poor Rangers

Ok just remembered the early chance Livi had. They should have scored then but screwed shot wide. That was their best chance.

13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I always find that the routineness (f**k off, yes it is) of a Rangers victory is inversely proportional to how many pages there are in the match thread the morning after the game. 

Very true. 

And the lack of any controversy against our opponents 

I thought young Jack Hamilton did fine when he came on.  Didn't look phased and was strong on the ball. Robinson worked hard but didn't really provide any threat to the big Rangers defenders.  Hamilton should have been on earlier.  Given our lack of strikers just now it beats me why he isn't getting game time. He's young but he will surely learn if he is playing regularly. 

Naturally, I’m in the ‘it was never a 3-0 game’ so I’ll just quote everything I heard from the Rangers fans in the queue for the subway,

”Livi put up a good fight until that second goal”.

“I was nervous there. I thought Livi were going to equalise”

”I’d have booted his (Morelos’) balls for that; came on and got himself a stupid booking”

”Is he (Morelos) suspended for Hearts? Dundee?”

If there is one goal I didn’t see us conceding it was a standing header on the 6 yard line from a corner - very disappointing. However, talk of us getting pumped 5/6/7-0 after Rangers play sexy, expansive football on the glorious pasture in Govan was put to bed. I think Gerrard’s comment about us ruining the game is just a smokescreen for a lack of creativity in the middle of the park. I think we are doing fine considering we are five forward players down (incl. K. Miller).

We could hav really done with a menga/miller yesterday as thats how we play.

They hold the ball up for our midfielders to push up and join the attack but we didnt hav that outball yesterday and it hurt us.

Agree about lawson and gallacher thought they were outstanding as was kelly.

With 15 mins to go all of a sudden the stands start to empty(as usual down govan way) we start singing..."walking away,the rangers way".......absolute quality gold :lol:

Rangers deserved to win and fair play to them but for 20 mins of the 2nd half they looked decidedly average,long way to go yet ladz.

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Watched the highlights...certainly looks like Burns had a case for a penalty when he was tackled by McGregor

Didn’t even show the Gallagher one. When Holt referred to it as a “stonewaller” how can it not even feature in the highlights?!

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Didn’t even show the Gallagher one. When Holt referred to it as a “stonewaller” how can it not even feature in the highlights?!

they didn't show a fair bit by the sounds of it... Lafferty had a chance right at the end of the first half that wasn't shown...and according to some of the Rangers fans they had some "stonewall" penalty claims

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I told you what happened.  Livi player nips in and gets to the ball. Middleton pulls out the challenge and Livi player goes down expecting contact. It was never a penalty 

Holt was miles away from it with a poor view as Middleton is behind the Livi player. He wouldn’t have seen Middleton pull out. 

The Lafferty one when right through was a stonewall foul. Whether inside or outside the box is debatable but I sit behind the goal and wouldn’t commit either way.

I ll watch highlights later to see the other Livi claim 

5 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

We could hav really done with a menga/miller yesterday as thats how we play.

They hold the ball up for our midfielders to push up and join the attack but we didnt hav that outball yesterday and it hurt us.

Agree about lawson and gallacher thought they were outstanding as was kelly.

With 15 mins to go all of a sudden the stands start to empty(as usual down govan way) we start singing..."walking away,the rangers way".......absolute quality gold :lol:

Rangers deserved to win and fair play to them but for 20 mins of the 2nd half they looked decidedly average,long way to go yet ladz.

I Think we all predicted that pre game right enough, still shows what a strong team we have, managing to be in contention for a top 6 spot without any fit strikers available. Once Hardie is back it will make a huge difference to us (although obv not against his parent club), and then when Miller and Raffa are fit in January it'll be like 2 new signings. 

Menga isn't a striker but he does give us an out ball, he's so strong and quick, just a shame he got himself suspended for this game.

Some of the bitter posts on here from the Sevco fans, that 1-0 defeat really hurt them.

Suppose it is flattering that they're so happy about beating us this time,  the gulf in finances should've made it a comfortable home win long before it was, so with Menga being suspended i'm pretty happy we made a decent game of it and didn't get blown away. 

34 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I told you what happened.  Livi player nips in and gets to the ball. Middleton pulls out the challenge and Livi player goes down expecting contact. It was never a penalty 

Holt was miles away from it with a poor view as Middleton is behind the Livi player. He wouldn’t have seen Middleton pull out. 

The Lafferty one when right through was a stonewall foul. Whether inside or outside the box is debatable but I sit behind the goal and wouldn’t commit either way.

I ll watch highlights later to see the other Livi claim 

0203_authoritah1.jpg?quality=0.8

Archived