Rangers vs Livingston 24th November

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't play any worse than we did at the Tony dome, interesting to see if we improve on one of those pitches made out of grass. 

Livi to sit in and frustrate us. A 2 - 1 win for P n Bs favourite team.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The league's most prolific scorers vs the 2nd best defence in the top flight.

Our form (13 points in 5 games) vs Livi's form (5 points in 5 games) suggests a home win. 

Intriguing contest.

Did you lot not say that and some weird stats before the last game?

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Can't play any worse than we did at the Tony dome, interesting to see if we improve on one of those pitches made out of grass. 

:D so a nice 2-1 win for us 

We wont sit in, doubt we'll play any differently than at the TMA, don't think we need to either. Just press players in midfield and look to play direct balls up to whoever will be in our front line (unfortunately it wont be Dolly Menga).

I'd be delighted with a point, we're struggling to score goals with us having no strikers fit, but we might nick a goal from a set piece or one of our midfielders popping up with a 25 yarder into the top corner.

Biggest concern is serial diver Morelos conning the ref into awarding him a penalty.

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

BiicEN8IUAEZayk.jpg

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Did you lot not say that and some weird stats before the last game?

I did say you wouldn't outscore us.  I made a baws of that.  I will have a second bite at this particular cherry:  You won't outscore us on Saturday.

48 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Biggest concern is serial diver Morelos conning the ref into awarding him a penalty.

To counter one phrase more suited to the Football Words thread with another:  Oor Alfie is in a rich vein of form and young Halkett (an estimable defender) will have to be at his very best to cope with him.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I did say you wouldn't outscore us.  I made a baws of that.  I will have a second bite at this particular cherry:  You won't outscore us on Saturday.

To counter one phrase more suited to the Football Words thread with another:  Oor Alfie is in a rich vein of form and young Halkett (an estimable defender) will have to be at his very best to cope with him.

You'll be back for your third bite in no time :D 

Back pocket all day long :D We've a cracking defence - Rangers a different monster at home but our three at the back are easily up there in the best in the country

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

We've a cracking defence - Rangers a different monster at home but our three at the back are easily up there in the best in the country

Indeed.  That's what makes it intriguing.

A nervous home win is my prediction.

I’m 100% convinced we will compete and make it difficult for Rangers, whether that’ll be enough to get anything I’m not so sure. 

Rangers are a different animal at home and many will see this as a stick on home win, I don’t blame them. 

Jack Hamilton is the only real option for us up top now, tough game to come into at 18 but I’m sure if he does get the nod he will do his best and give us a decent out ball. 

Not sure if Lamie is fit yet but if not Bobby Burns player very well against Celtic so I would have no issue with him keeping his place.

Kelly, Lawless, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Burns, Lawson, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Hamilton. 

Bit harsh on Robbo dropping out but we are going to need someone who is going to be a physical presence up front which is why I’d go with Hamilton. 

Looking forward to this on Saturday and another full house to get behind the lads. Can’t see Livi dictating the pace going forward but they’ll press and hurry us in the middle to shore up a defence that will be more than battle ready. From game to game it’s difficult to predict how we’ll perform at the back, but accepting they may well notch one, If we’re patient, we’re well capable of matching them, then nicking a winner. I’ll go a tight 2-1 Rangers.

A few Livi players get picked up by the team bus from our local before games at Ibrox. They are usually up for a laugh before games. Let’s hope we are the ones laughing after it!!

Funnily enough Willie Collum usually gets picked up from there pre match. Think we’ve seen the last of him

As others have said, Rangers at home will be a different beast from the one we sworded at the Macarena. Menga missing is a bit of a miss but it was coming, Hamilton’s the only choice up front in reality but I wouldn’t be opposed to Robinson up top dropping in where required. That worked well in the first game and could give us a bit more cover in the wider areas.

A win would be a dream but a draw would be an excellent result.

Lost track of who we've actually got available for this.

Kelly

Gallagher  -  Halkett  -  Lithgow

Lawson  -  Jacobs  -  Pittman  -  Byrne  -  Lamie

Sibbald

Hamilton

As long as we can avoid a pumping and any suspensions/injuries I'll be content, actually more pessimistic about this one than I was against their identical twins last week. 

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Lost track of who we've actually got available for this.

Kelly

Gallagher  -  Halkett  -  Lithgow

Lawson  -  Jacobs  -  Pittman  -  Byrne  -  Lamie

Sibbald

Hamilton

As long as we can avoid a pumping and any suspensions/injuries I'll be content, actually more pessimistic about this one than I was against their identical twins last week. 

Robinson did pretty well against the rangers last time; would play him ahead of Sibbald TBH

Robinson would make for a good Impact sub too, wee nippy fecker with a decent eye for goal coming on for the last 20 mins could get us a goal. I like Lawless but agree Lawson would be better defensively for us, tbh as long as we've got our midfield 3 playing i'm not that worried who else gets picked playing alongside them, they'll all do a good job.

I don't see the Hamilton love tbh. He's a kid with a lot of potential, but he's nowhere near ready to be dropped into starting at Ibrox. On the occassions where he's come off the bench for Menga for the last 15 minutes, we've become toothless. I'd have Robinson and Sibbald as our most advanced players, unless Lawson can also play up there.

22 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I don't see the Hamilton love tbh. He's a kid with a lot of potential, but he's nowhere near ready to be dropped into starting at Ibrox. On the occassions where he's come off the bench for Menga for the last 15 minutes, we've become toothless. I'd have Robinson and Sibbald as our most advanced players, unless Lawson can also play up there.

As much as I can see where you're coming from RE Hamilton, I still think he's a better option upfront than Sibbald. Sibbs looks a decent player but I can't say he's really shown anything that would get him in the team ahead of any other player at the club so far. Hamilton has a decent record of scoring goals, albeit at a lower level, but his height and strength would give us a better outball than a Sibbald/Robinson duo. Hamilton with one of those 2 (preferably Robinson) would be my choice

Archived