Hamilton Accies v Celtic

The clash of the hoops, red and white v green and white, although we will obviously be in that hideous yellow and black outfit that makes our side look like they've just finished a shift on the tar.

A draw and a defeat on plastic this season so far, without pre empting anything or sounding like a whinger these surfaces shouldn't be allowed in top flight football, I cant recall a single decent game i've seen on them, that includes the three in the top flight in Scotland and the handful of games i've seen in the lower leagues. 

Hopefully a drama free and injury free day at New Douglas Park, 2-0 to the champions with Forrest and Eduoard on target. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
these surfaces shouldn't be allowed in top flight football, I cant recall a single decent game i've seen on them, that includes the three in the top flight in Scotland and the handful of games i've seen in the lower leagues.

There’s yer da making match threads again.

Hmmmmm when we played at Livingston earlier, our green n grey friends were quick enough to tell us that both teams had to play on the same pitch...

No excuses Sevco they said...

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hmmmmm when we played at Livingston earlier, our green n grey friends were quick enough to tell us that both teams had to play on the same pitch...

No excuses Sevco they said...

I didn't, and I suspect not many Celtic fans did seeing as we've had several bad performances, results and injuries on those surfaces. 

Of course you may have mistaken folk taking amusement in your teams defeat for this angle on it as you are as thick as pig-shit, that might explain it I guess. 

11 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I didn't, and I suspect not many Celtic fans did seeing as we've had several bad performances, results and injuries on those surfaces. 

Of course you may have mistaken folk taking amusement in your teams defeat for this angle on it as you are as thick as pig-shit, that might explain it I guess. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you lose two players to bad knee injuries on grass pitches? I don't recall any bad injuries for you on the artificial ones.

10 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

Can we not just forfeit this game instead of having to suffer through it?

At least then it will only go down as a 3-0 defeat...

And there’s the first cheese munching surrender monkey post.

And there’s the first cheese munching surrender monkey post.
Nope, just realistic having watched 4 years worth of Canning in charge.

Especially with the form the Celtic forward line are in.

As much as I'd like Accies to get a result I can only see a heavy defeat coming & that brings with it being in our home ground with gloating, glory-hunting barstewards in the away end who actually come from Hamilton.

Which is a great way to spend part of the day...

31 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Ahh, the routine "it's an artificial pitch so must be shite" cliché. Never gets old, eh?

People aren't saying so out of cliche/stereotype though...

Fact is, it IS an absolutely horrendous surface, there is no denying or escaping that.

Archived