Airdrie v Dumbarton - Scottish Cup R.3

Old Scrotum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, aftershocker said:

When did Grant Gallagher turn into such a bellend?? Seemed to take great delight in.fouling our players in front of our fans and very lucky to stay on the park. He was never a major target for the fans as he spent most of his time with us on the treatment table...I would have said we all wished him well, but came across yesterday as an utter fanny...compare that to Bryan Prunty...total professional and legend

Sorry but that's complete revisionism. Grant Gallagher was a target of abuse for our fans quite often, usually when he was being played at right back. He spent his last two seasons injured, yes, but before that he was a scapegoat for many.

Just brought myself to watch the highlights and I had to turn off after that second goal. That's absolutely infuriating.  We are going down and these players do not give two fucks.
Dowie just stands and watches the ball go over his head then when its in he's desperately looking for someone else to blame.

Just now, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Dowie just stands and watches the ball go over his head then when its in he's desperately looking for someone else to blame.

Half arsed attempt from Perry to win his header too, but yes, Dowie does his usual "turn around to see who I can blame" act only to realise that actually that was his man. Heads down, walk back to centre, start again. Utterly depressing. I'd empty the entire defence in January (Ballantyne excused), just a shame that it requires another team being desperate enough to take them. Paton too, it was like he was trying to be as awful as possible in those highlights. The lack of pride these guys are showing is fucking heartbreaking.

That's pretty much peak Andy Dowie tbh. Instead of trying to rally the team after we concede he spends the next 5 minutes berating anyone within shouting distance. What makes it worse is that he regularly does it after he's contributed to the shite defending.

One of the worst captains we've had in my time watching the Sons and if I was Jim Duffy I'd be begging him to follow in Andy Little's footsteps and chuck it completely. We need someone who will help fire the team up, not sap the tiny shred of confidence they have left.

Archived