Airdrie v Dumbarton - Scottish Cup R.3

Old Scrotum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carsy is at RB and Allardice, Hutton and Spencer are in CM. 
Anyway this has been utterly garbage. Airdrie are strolling it despite not really having to put any effort in at all. We're a car crash absolutely all over the park with absolutely no positives. Long balls to Paton, and a defensive calamity. The midfield is chaos with players just randomly scattered all over the shop.
Steven Kirkland is his usual self in the middle too. All full of inconsistency and overly dramatic whistling. If any of our players looked bothered I'd be fearing a red card, but fortunately they all look like they don't want to be here.
That sounds utterly depressing and the worst part about it is that I expected nothing less.

We've been far, far better in the second half, but have missed some absolute sitters. 

The referee totally bottled giving Grant Gallagher a second yellow for a wild tackle in the middle of the park, and he was quickly hooked after Hutton absolutely cemented him.

Chris Smith then jogs off, Jamie McGowan comes on and immediately Airdrie ping in a third. 

Toilet at Airdrie was trashed If that was sons fans I am totally embarrassed [emoji30]
From what I saw the soap dispensers were off the wall and the paper towels thrown about. Hardly trashed but still not acceptable

Thought Forbes and Dowie done well for us, but not really anyone else.

First goal looked like the midfield switched off from Perry's header. Hutts blamed Spencer who in turn blamed Perry. 2nd (unless I got them confused) Perry looks like he's waiting on the ball to head it clear and the boy nicks it off him to square. Perry miles behind the rest of the defence. 3rd goal a deflection that hits the inside of the post and goes in.

If it wasn't for bad luck etc...

Disappointing not to get the bumper tie Airdrie have won.

If those wee fud nuts, who don't actually support Dumbarton FWIW, have gone to Airdrie and acted the c**t the club really should be telling them where to go.

We don't want their shite patter and bam behaviour and if I was the board I'd have been dishing out bans after the Alloa playoff game tbh.

That was the worst display I have seen from a sons side since last week. Absolutely no positives to take from that. The players should hang their heads in shame. Most baffling part of the afternoon for me was that some fans applauded us off the park

24 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

What a difference Ian Murray is making.

Really transformed the side.

I saw a lot of good Ian Murray things today. Your warm-up was great, very technical and high tempo. I loved the way Prunts had the players out doing organised drills at half-time too. That sort of professionalism is what he's great at.

Had the team pressing really effectively too. On that showing the players are really buying into his ideas - which is great news for you guys.

55 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:
1 hour ago, boghead64 said:
Toilet at Airdrie was trashed If that was sons fans I am totally embarrassed emoji30.png

From what I saw the soap dispensers were off the wall and the paper towels thrown about. Hardly trashed but still not acceptable

One area had to be "cordoned" off as the floor was very soapy and( there was a yellow thingie but I saw it too late) -and I slipped on it but some clever dribbling saved my day. As to the game Dumbarton were marginally better after half time but I suspect Airdrie were content to go for counter attacks. A goal would have made it nervy but Gallagher missed a real pinch of a header. Everybody in the Dumbarton end seemed upset  by the Ref but I have not seen him before and it could have been Craig Napier! Our Gallagher was lucky to avoid the 2nd yellow and although he missed him, if Hutton had gone down then a Red was certain. Hutton's revenge retaliation might well have been a Red itself but heh ho. Can't remember seeing a goalie subbed in that way and it was amusing from our viewpoint, that his first touch was to pick the third goal out of the net. It looks like a long season for the Sons with that depleted squad.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

I saw a lot of good Ian Murray things today. Your warm-up was great, very technical and high tempo. I loved the way Prunts had the players out doing organised drills at half-time too. That sort of professionalism is what he's great at.

Had the team pressing really effectively too. On that showing the players are really buying into his ideas - which is great news for you guys.

He's made a huge difference from that other absolute weapon we had.

Prunts is like a kid in a toy shop, back where he belongs

4 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Really wouldn't be surprised to see the sons nick a goal here, totally inviting a bit of pressure.
Also wouldn't be surprised to see a red for either side with this clown in the middle

Don’t pick on the Ref Ammo.

Thought we totally coasted the first half without even having to play particularly well. Dumbarton are fucking terrible although we let them into the game more in the 2nd half. Luckily they were happy to miss sitters all afternoon. Duffy really has a job on his hands there. Wilkie took his two goals well. Thought Chris O'Neil had a great game. Had Bobby Barr in his back pocket so much so that I'd forgotten he was even playing. He put in some lovely crosses too. That cross to Carrick would have been some goal if he'd been able to finish it off. Felt for Carrick today. Lots of endeavour and he played better in the 2nd half but not much came off for him today. To be fair he really isn't a winger and it's probably a position we could do with some reinforcements in.  This was my first game since the Stenny game and you can really see the difference Ian Murray has made. The players look much more confident on the ball and actually pass with purpose and have a much better idea of what they're meant to be doing in their positions. The difference in Millar and Gallagher is vastly apparent. There's lots more pressing and movement off the ball too. Prunty taking drills with the subs is a really nice touch too IMO. They're not perfect but that's us won 3 games in a row now and scored 7 in the last two so can't complain. 

Also, what was with the goalie being subbed off? He didn't look to be injured so I thought maybe he had to go to work or another engagement but he was still in the dugout at the end of the game. Was pretty strange.

Fucking buzzing for the next round. Air-Da-Ray 

Archived